Amazon Will Ban Sale of Apple TV and Google’s Chromecast

jos

Because you're foolish if you don't know the implications of this.  Amazon has a huge market share.  When people think online shopping, they think Amazon.  For amazon to push others out of competition because they have such a large market share to promote their own product is the VERY DEFINITION of antitrust.

Ugh..... maybe in the US or Canada. 

Amazon has such a crappy stock of internationally-available products that I, in Australia, Simply CANNOT afford to shop there (70% pf products on amazon.com.au are books/novels as far as I can tell....).

When I think online shopping, i think eBay. So does everyone else in this country.

I honestly don't see a damn thing wrong with this decision at all. Amazon not selling their competitors products? OMG NO!!! 

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

amazon don't you dare get evil and shitty! I just bought amazon prime >:c

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Ugh..... maybe in the US or Canada. 

Amazon has such a crappy stock of internationally-available products that I, in Australia, Simply CANNOT afford to shop there (70% pf products on amazon.com.au are books/novels as far as I can tell....).

When I think online shopping, i think eBay. So does everyone else in this country.

I honestly don't see a damn thing wrong with this decision at all. Amazon not selling their competitors products? OMG NO!!!

think thats more about Australia than Amazon.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

It's not like you see apple selling a fire TV or Google selling a fire TV too....

Not really a big deal. You can get these products elsewhere. Sometimes Amazon has products that are more expensive than other shops online.

I think the pitchforks can be put away.

Amazon isn't banning the sale of anything.  It lacks the power to do any such thing.

Amazon is simply declining to continue to sell a competitors product.

Disney World does not sell Universal T-shirts for much the same reason.

you spelled it wrong. its "Crapple"

Careful now, the crapple defense force will get on you.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Careful now, the crapple defense force will get on you.

I will grab the nearest ipad as a shield. Just as long as they dont launch anything at me, such as a feather, I will be safe.

I will grab the nearest ipad as a shield. Just as long as they dont launch anything at me, such as a feather, I will be safe.

617.gif

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Anti-competitive lawsuit incoming.

tumblr_mjwpovpDxF1ra701lo1_500.jpg

It's in their right to not sell a product. If you present a product to walmart and they refuse to sell it, are you going to sue them? No. They decide what they sell and that's it.

Amazon: "What do you mean antitrust laws? FINE, we'll go make our own country without this stupid laws, and with black jack and hookers!"

that's not what antitrust is about... if it was, Amazon could sue Apple and Google for not selling Amazon streaming devices.

that's not what antitrust is about... if it was, Amazon could sue Apple and Google for not selling Amazon streaming devices.

google doesn't have to show amazon in the googl search listings. amazon is straight being a dick.

We've been over this: Amazon is not just a store, it's a marketplace that allows other people to sell not just apps but products too. As such different rules apply.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Hmmm...

Every one saying that this is anti competitive. 

By that logic, why isn't Apple selling ASUS, TOSHIBA, and Acer products in their stores?

You have to remember it is THEIR store, and they can sell what they want.

Following the same logic, Carey Holzman, I, and others would be in jail for not using ASRock, or MSI products.

Hmmm...

By that logic, why isn't Apple selling ASUS, TOSHIBA, and Acer products in their stores?

Following the same logic, Carey Holzman, I, and others would be in jail for not using ASRock, or MSI products.

We've been over this: Amazon is not just a store, it's a marketplace that allows other people to sell not just apps but products too. As such different rules apply.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well, it's their store, they decide what they want to put on sale and what not.

It certainly is a dick move from Amazon's part, but I want to see how this turns out.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Uh what.

Okay..um...

I literally have no words to describe my reaction this.

*Edit, after thinking about this a bit more and hearing other opinions on this matter I've come to this conclusion. Amazon is fully within their right to do this as it isn't anticompetitive, but it is a dickish move.

Having said that, are they going to remove all tablets and phones as well and only sell their Fire tablets/phones(I know they stopped selling this, but it's an example) then? Where do they draw the line?

To me it should be all or nothing.

Couldn't agree more

It's in their right to not sell a product. If you present a product to walmart and they refuse to sell it, are you going to sue them? No. They decide what they sell and that's it.

Hmmm...

Well, it's their store, they decide what they want to put on sale and what not.

It certainly is a dick move from Amazon's part, but I want to see how this turns out.

right this is the last time i will explain it.

if Amazon was to stop selling Nike trainers then yes that's there choice and it wouldn't be anti competitive. so why is this anti competitive?

1. Amazon is forcing 3rd party retailers who use them to stop selling apple tv and chromecast. not just the sold by Amazon listings but ALL listings. Where else will those retailers be able to go?

2. and this is the real key to the argument. Amazon doesn't make trainers so refusing to sell Nike though stupid, wouldn't be anti competitive as they have nothing to gain BUT, they do sell the fire tv, a direct competitor to apple tv and chromecast. they have something to gain. they can try to stunt sales from apple and google.

3 Amazon is huge. its bigger then wallmart and is hugely dominant in the online retail space, though it isnt the only place to buy from it is the biggest online retailer by a mile and dosnt really have much in the way of competition.

"yeah so X should sell Y's product" - err no. apple and google are not retailers, there primary business is not point of sale and in that market they are nowhere near big enough for it to matter.

Amazon are trying to use there position as one of the biggest online retailers (biggest by revenue) to influence sales of rival products......that is anti competitive.

I dont see anyone complaining about the lack of android devices on the apple store.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

I dont see anyone complaining about the lack of android devices on the apple store.. 

Because that's not comparable at all.

did you read the post above you?

If you want to compete with Apple TV and Chrome cast make a better product and service, let Amazon Prime movies onto Chromecast and Apple TV so I can watch my movies, it might make more people move to Amazon products or advertise the subscription service etc

Banning other products because you are failing to compete is petty and pathetic

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So Amazon is blocking Google from selling the Chromecast  on Amazon 

Because they cant do better 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

If you want to compete with Apple TV and Chrome cast make a better product and service, let Amazon Prime movies onto Chromecast and Apple TV so I can watch my movies, it might make more people move to Amazon products or advertise the subscription service etc

Banning other products because you are failing to compete is petty and pathetic

What I love best is how not only are they not trying to... they STOP any attempt to. There has been unofficial working apps that work fine, and then they mess with them so they wont work. 

Like come on....

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200