Rainbow Six Siege has no campaign

SImoHayha

In Rainbow Six Siege news.

Apparently there isn't any campaign, for Rainbow Six Siege. Only multiplayer. A quote from the developer says this.

"There is no story mode per se," he said. "You go through training, where you get to experience different operators and their devices. You can play against enemy AI in co-op through all the maps. You can customise matches, so that’s what we’re offering on the single-player side of things.

Well seeing if this is true, they sure as hell should give a very steep discount. Like 30$ for this game not a normal 60$ or even a 40$. No point in paying full price for game that doesn't have a campaign/story. 

I feel like they could've done something interesting in the campaign. Like playing as every character and their very first mission that they ever did as a rainbow operative. Shit do something hell, a couple of missions when some of the characters get seriously hurt and you have to play as the character you are and save the rest of your team. I know in Rainbow Vega's there was a mission like that and it was really enjoyable, and trying to save your fellow comrade.

A few cut-scenes here and there, with the team and them joking around in the break room eating and talking about life and what not. I mean something like that would be nice. It's pretty sad seeing this, I really wish they attempted at making a story at the very least, it's a Tom Clancy game we're talking about here.

Anyway what do you guys think ?

Sources :http://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-wont-have-a-campaign-but-theres-training-and-bots/

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/rainbow-six/37120/rainbow-six-siege-no-single-player-campaign

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/26/9401825/rainbow-six-siege-has-no-campaign-developer-says

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Nvm cant confirm right now

Well the multiplayer is already sub-par and dead, this is 100% a no buy, not even if it was free.

Well the multiplayer is already sub-par and dead, this is 100% a no buy, not even if it was free.

Weird I found lots of people on the beta

MainRig- CPU: 4790k, RAM: 32gb 2400mhz, MOBO: Maximus Formula VII, COOLING: Full EK cooling, GPU: Titan X SLI, PSU: 1200w evga , STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 4TB hybrid CASE: 760T, EXTRAS: Sleeved cables

SecondRig- CPU:4690K, RAM: 16gb 1600mhz, MOBO: Maximus Gene VII, COOLING: H105, GPU: 970ftw, PSU: EVG650W,  STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 3TB, CASE: 540air 

Steam: pizzatime6 Plus two other pc rigs and a craptop.

I don't mind the lack of sinleplayer as long as multiplayer is worth playing for more than 10 hours.

It wasn't worth it in Titanfall though

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Well this is the final nail in the coffin for me. I personally loved all the rainbow six campaigns. This one could have been amazing with the new destruction. It wouldn't even have to be balanced which could help facilitate some amazing moments.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

okay, onto my thoughts since she couldn't confirm nor deny this--  yet she confirmed.... *not gonna say it*

I feel that RSS had an amazing potential for campaign weather it be - the presidents taken hostage and you need to rescue him and you fail, they bring him to the middle east and you go knocking on everyones doors *American Sniper Style* and search for the president & find a safehouse and break in and they get away with the president but you find some key intel which ties in later (who knows) and then you repeat but succeed this time. Obviously sounds boring on paper but whatever :L I tried.

Even if it is true, I have bought the last 4 call of duty games that were released and I didn't even touch any of the campaigns.

It all depends on what you expect from the game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I've played the beta a good bit and I've played the originals, and boy, if that is as good as the MP of the game gets the game will be dead in a few months. Really disappointed as I loved the Vegas series of the game. 

Even if it is true, I have bought the last 4 call of duty games that were released and I didn't even touch any of the campaigns.

Tom Clancy games were story first, Imagen buying the next halo or uncharted and there is only multiplayer and no story... Or a new tomb raider with no story mode.

It's fucked up.

Did CoD ever have a decent story??

Why not ? I expect a game whether or not it's more multiplayer to have both a satisfying MP and SP. Not being lazy and slacking for one of them.

Single player is what games are today. Sure not all of them had interesting stories but still its very fun! A prime example is Red Fraction. A simple and interesting story with a very fun MP that you could play alone with bots or friends with.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Considering Cod for last gen won't have a campaign but is selling for 50$.. don't expect any sort of price drop. 

Tom Clancy games were story first, Imagen buying the next halo or uncharted and there is only multiplayer and no story... Or a new tomb raider with no story mode.

It's fucked up.

Personally I liked the Black Op/World at War storyline.

Considering Cod for last gen won't have a campaign but is selling for 50$.. don't expect any sort of price drop. 

Well it does include BO1 as a downloadable game.

-

I don't feel having a Single Player mode makes a game worth more, I would of easily paid 60$ for DayZ considering how much I play it. 

It's fucked up.

Yes. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Personally I liked the Black Op/World at War storyline.

IMO I didn't mind the MW story, not the entire story but but half of it, for example, I did enjoy Soap mactavish's story in MW, but with the two story split... It got annoying.

I could care less bout Ramirez, rouch or the rest.

Price, fine. I saw him as part of the story, ghost, same. Rouch?.. Hahahahahahhahahahahha.

Didn't bother with mw3 though.

It's fucked up.

That's completely not the point, some people just buy certain games for other things than a great story

Why not ? I expect a game whether or not it's more multiplayer to have both a satisfying MP and SP. Not being lazy and slacking for one of them.

Single player is what games are today. Sure not all of them had interesting stories but still its very fun! A prime example is Red Fraction. A simple and interesting story with a very fun MP that you could play alone with bots or friends with.

Why not? Cause I did not buy these games to play the story that always ends up being the same, I prefer online gaming where you can rekt some scrubz instead of playing with a crappy AI, and if I ever play a game that's a single-player I play it on easy mode cause I do not want to tryhard it, it just gives me no satisfaction at all. Only games like RPG have any kind of a story that's why I did finish Skyrim or The Witcher 3 even more than once, FPS games are not what most people have in mind when it comes to the 'storyline' of the game

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Though it may not have it, cause they focused so much on MP but I really loved SP of this series.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I though it was already known. :? I never expected SP for this one, not a single word has been said about it till now.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

The thing I feel when playing through the beta is that you really have to predict what humans would do. It is a game that seems to show the importance of working together, and be aware of how unpredictable other humans can be. I don't think you'll be able to make the experience as real with AI, which will be predictable to a certain degree.

I like the game, but I'm not on the fence of preordering. I need to see how the full game will play out.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED