Google 29th Event Nexus 5X/6P, New Chromecast, Pixel C Chromebook And Android 6.0

Rekx

Are you sure about the 6+ not using OIS for video? A lot of phones use the OIS while capturing video, such as my mom's LG G2. There isn't really any reason not to have it enabled while recording video. It's not like they have to do any extra work to make it work (neither in hardware nor in software).

But even if you ignore video, it's still stupid to try and argue that bigger pixel size justifies the lack of OIS because one does not exclude the other. Just give me both.

But the cloud sucks... It's slow and eats up your data cap.

Google drive is fast for me photos instantly uploaded videos and things i do manually takes less than a few minutes. 

Are you sure about the 6+ not using OIS for video? A lot of phones use the OIS while capturing video, such as my mom's LG G2. There isn't really any reason not to have it enabled while recording video. It's not like they have to do any extra work to make it work (neither in hardware nor in software).

But even if you ignore video, it's still stupid to try and argue that bigger pixel size justifies the lack of OIS because one does not exclude the other. Just give me both.

But the cloud sucks... It's slow and eats up your data cap.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/cameras/

"And with iPhone 6s Plus, optical image stabilization is now available for videos in addition to photos. So you can shoot smooth, beautiful videos in lower light". 

Lot's of tech reviewers said they preferred the 6+ for recording videos when, according to apple's 6s product page, it was just a placebo effect on the 6+. 

The reason most phones are 16GB is the simple fact that Google and Apple want to push users to keep their data in 'the cloud', not because it's more convenient than storing that same data on the phone or your own server.

If what i want is on the cloud i can access it anywhere much more easily than if i had a 200g phone and need to transfer files slowly just to a new or other device or share them. 

Google drive is fast for me photos instantly uploaded videos and things i do manually takes less than a few minutes.

Google drive might be fast, but not your average LTE connection.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/cameras/

"And with iPhone 6s Plus, optical image stabilization is now available for videos in addition to photos. So you can shoot smooth, beautiful videos in lower light".

Lot's of tech reviewers said they preferred the 6+ for recording videos when, according to apple's 6s product page, it was just a placebo effect on the 6+.

I am 99% sure that was just something Apple did and I have no idea why. Other phones use OIS while recording though.

Ugh, overpriced garbage.

USB Type-C, no SD card, and it looks like ass.

No thanks.

They are partially right. Having larger photosites means they can gather more light so the shutter speed can be faster thus not requiring the need for OIS. another argument is OIS for videos but i don't know how many phones actually use it for video. The 6+ had OIS but it was only till the 6s+ that OIS could be used for videos.

They didn;t say that tho. he said how larger photosites would capture less ahndshake artifactds ._. i don;t know if thats true...

Things I don't like:

• No wireless charging for some reason. Why not? Wireless charging is great.

Cause metal Chassis for the 6P

And also OIS and wireless charging would add to the thickness of the device

One thing I hate is how limited this is in terms of country. Not to mention the better deals the muricans get ._.

That Chromecast Audio looks awesome, but why DOESNT IT HAVE ANY LAN CONNECTOR! 

• Front facing speakers is nice but I would have liked to see it on the Nexus 5X as well.

The 5X does have front facing speakers.

Cause metal Chassis for the 6P

And also OIS and wireless charging would add to the thickness of the device

They could have done it: https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2015/07/28/qualcomm-becomes-first-company-enable-wireless-charging-mobile-devices

But like you say, pry trying to keep it as thin as possible.

The people that chose the music for the Nexus videos are either deaf, or... deaf. I don't think there's another explanation for that.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

pretty disappointed, especially at that 5x.

although front speaker is nice, google is listing it as single speaker, so enjoy your mono audio.

They didn;t say that tho. he said how larger photosites would capture less ahndshake artifactds ._. i don;t know if thats true...

It captures less handshake motion because the shutter doesn't have to be open for as long to receive the same amount of light.

It's a bit weird that the new chromecast and the chromecast audio will cost the same, when one only does audio and the other does audio and video.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

new chromecast looks kinda silly, still no support for 4K content. Will not buy.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Uhh they just released the price for the 6P here in Finland... That is 650€ ($730) for the 32GB model. Ridiculous. Does anyone have info how much it costs in the UK play store? I guess I must order it via some package forwarding service.  :(

6P > 32GB - £449, 64GB - £499, 128GB - £579

5X > 16GB - £339, 32GB - £379

Reasonably priced imo. But Android is still not my cup of tea. Waiting for Microsoft flagship W10 mobile next week.

It captures less handshake motion because the shutter doesn't have to be open for as long to receive the same amount of light.

No i understand that.

But I'm not entirely sure he meant that when he said what he did on stage, because he already said that point pior, it is wierd he would repeat it but with different words. 

The 5X does have front facing speakers.

"speaker", it has Moto X 2014 syndrome, the two "drivers" are an illusion.  This seems to be becoming a trend, only big phones get front-facing speakers.

I was interested in the 5X, but after some thinking about it. It's a Nexus device, and it has a 2700mAh battery...the battery life is going to be abysmal like my Nexus 5 has been for the last year or so.  If not now, it will in a year.  The interesting device this year is the 6P, as much as some people hate phablets, and the questionable reputation of Huawei.  Supposedly the AMOLED display also has an sRBG mode, which to paraphrase Anandtech, "seems to make it on par with the color calibration of the 5X."  Also 32GB maximum in 2015 is a deal-breaker.  I don't mind the starting being 16GB, but have at least the 64GB be the next step up.

The pricing makes it hot on the heels of the Moto X and the OPT, though frankly I wouldn't recommend the OPT to anyone currently.  

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

6P > 32GB - £449, 64GB - £499, 128GB - £579

5X > 16GB - £339, 32GB - £379

Reasonably priced imo. But Android is still not my cup of tea. Waiting for Microsoft flagship W10 mobile next week.

I'm actually quite hesitant on W10M. I'm running the insider on my Lumia 920 and Its buggy as hell , Granted I'm using very dated hardware. Still the app situation looks kinda dire. I'm not missing any "essential" apps. But alot of the apps in the sotre lacks quality imo.

Oh and the design on the new lumias. kinda turn me off.

I was looking forward to the new 5 but ..that storage and the battery have me going I dunno... I was hoping for something over 3000 mAH

(disclaimer I dont know much about battery life figures but 3000-3200 seems to be a bit of a magic number for phones these days iirc)

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Honestly kind of underwhelming... and the 2 phones are pretty ugly looking, and i hate that back finger print sensor >< when your phone is on the table you cant just unlock it without having to pick it up or lay it face down

like if my phone is on my desk, I can just slap my finger (or thumb) on my iphone and it unlocks, cant do that here

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I was looking forward to the new 5 but ..that storage and the battery have me going I dunno... I was hoping for something over 3000 mAH

(disclaimer I dont know much about battery life figures but 3000-3200 seems to be a bit of a magic number for phones these days iirc)

Seems like battery life would be even worse with that resolution. Dunno what they were thinking.

turn off on the 6P: aluminium, no rem. battery, no exp. storage

turn off on the 5X: protruding camera ("oh it's thin" -> dude, go f*** yourself!), no rem. battery, no exp. storage, 32gb max internal storage, 2gb of ram

disappointed in this year nexus line up

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Honestly kind of underwhelming... and the 2 phones are pretty ugly looking, and i hate that back finger print sensor >< when your phone is on the table you cant just unlock it without having to pick it up or lay it face down like if my phone is on my desk, I can just slap my finger (or thumb) on my iphone and it unlocks, cant do that here

first thing i thought.

the 5x is meh i hate that camera on the back. the 6p looks nice would have been better if the camera was flush the specs seam fairly standard ......that touch button though is a poor design. i can instantly think of 2 scenarios i use commonly day to day where the scanners position is less than ideal, lying on a table and docked in my car

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

first thing i thought.

the 5x is meh i hate that camera on the back. the 6p looks nice would have been better if the camera was flush the specs seam fairly standard ......that touch button though is a poor design. i can instantly think of 2 scenarios i use commonly day to day where the scanners position is less than ideal, lying on a table and docked in my car

Yeah I can see how its fine if I am holding the phone in my hand, but for any other circumstance its a completely stupid position

and yeah the phones are ugly, the 6p is better looking but I hate the black strip at the top on the back, not a fan at all

specs seem. fine... pricing seems..okay Idk nothing special about these at all, they just seem "fine" and nothing particularly special

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii