Google 29th Event Nexus 5X/6P, New Chromecast, Pixel C Chromebook And Android 6.0

Rekx

All of those improvements to voice control, but does anybody actually use it?

Well i guess a lot do. Google properly got stats of how many uses it. I highly doubt they would use time to improve features people dont use.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

• 2 weeks later...

The battery is also largely improved. The Nexus 5 got pretty poor battery life. That alone is with the whopping $30 increase in price.

It gets a significantly better camera, and you don't think that's an upgrade?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Google-Nexus-5X-battery-life-test-results-are-out_id74852

the Nexus 5X scored 6 hours and 25 minutes on our test. This is around average result, a bit below the scores of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and even further below the Apple iPhone 6s score.

This means that the Nexus 5X with its 2700 mAh battery is worse than the Galaxy S6 with its 2550 mAh battery.

No review of the camera yet, but PhoneArena already started criticising the app.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Our-first-camera-samples-from-the-Google-Nexus-5X-and-Nexus-6P_id74864

While we won’t detail about the quality of the photos until our review, we will instead say that the stock Google Camera app isn’t for everyone. True, its intent is to offer an instant, quick, and straightforward experience, evident in its lack of shooting modes and manual controls, but it’s going to have a tough time trying to convince those who have been accustomed of being given those features on other high-end phones. Still, there’s always a quick stroll through the Google Play Store that solves the concern. However, we can certainly agree it would be useful to have them on board from the beginning – and without having to download some sort of third party app.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

No review of the camera yet, but PhoneArena already started criticising the app.

The Google Camera app has always been garbage.

I don't know if there is any good third party camera app for Android yet. Android 5.0 introduced all the camera APIs needed to make a fantastic camera app but I don't know if anyone has made an app using it yet.

You can find a decent camera overview on Androidcentral and pocketnow. Camera looks pretty promising so far, 6P may need a slight software tweak.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Google-Nexus-5X-battery-life-test-results-are-out_id74852

This means that the Nexus 5X with its 2700 mAh battery is worse than the Galaxy S6 with its 2550 mAh battery.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Our-first-camera-samples-from-the-Google-Nexus-5X-and-Nexus-6P_id74864

I didn't say it was good. I said it's improved over the Nexus 5.

Also, you're comparing a $379 phone to something that's closer to $800. Something to keep in mind.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

pretty disappointed, especially at that 5x.

although front speaker is nice, google is listing it as single speaker, so enjoy your mono audio.

At least it is pointing forward. unlike most phones.

I didn't say it was good. I said it's improved over the Nexus 5.

Also, you're comparing a $379 phone to something that's closer to $800. Something to keep in mind.

Of course it's improved. We're fucking two years later.

What's next? Are you saying it's great because it has a new processor too?

We've got the same Gorilla Glass 3 protection, the same amount of RAM, the same FHD display (which actually makes it less sharp given it's now a 5.2" display) and the same storage options for a higher price. You do realise that the price of Gorilla Glass 3, RAM, FHD displays and storage has come down in the last two years?

Also the screen to body ratio is worse than on the last Nexus 5 due to the front facing speakers.

I don't see the point of this phone. Instead of forking out $429 for the 32GB model, why don't get the Nexus 6P for $499? It's better in every way.

I thaught the Nexus 5X would be targeted at users who like smaller phones, but they managed to mess this up too with their front facing speakers.

I had really a lot of expections for this phone but I bought a Galaxy S5 two weeks ago. It has the same specs basically (except for the processor) and costs less.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Of course it's improved. We're fucking two years later.

What's next? Are you saying it's great because it has a new processor too?

We've got the same Gorilla Glass 3 protection, the same amount of RAM, the same FHD display (which actually makes it less sharp given it's now a 5.2" display) and the same storage options for a higher price. You do realise that the price of Gorilla Glass 3, RAM, FHD displays and storage has come down in the last two years?

Also the screen to body ratio is worse than on the last Nexus 5 due to the front facing speakers.

I don't see the point of this phone. Instead of forking out $429 for the 32GB model, why don't get the Nexus 6P for $499? It's better in every way.

I thaught the Nexus 5X would be targeted at users who like smaller phones, but they managed to mess this up too with their front facing speakers.

I had really a lot of expections for this phone but I bought a Galaxy S5 two weeks ago. It has the same specs basically (except for the processor) and costs less.

It's not a terrible phone. It has a vastly superior phone to the last. It's better in every way, I'm really not sure what you expect from it.

Especially at the price point.

I highly doubt you'd notice the drop in PPI. That's just nitpicking. A lot of people would rather have the 1080p for battery's sake.

Do you realize that companies have margins? Money to make? It seems like this was more of an average/premium launch, so obviously it'll have lower spec.

A lot of people are willing to make that trade off. Look at the HTC phones.

Why wouldn't people get the 6P? Size. The thing is huge. It's probably the only reason they even bothered with the 5x.

The 5x is basically the same size as the M8, but has a bigger screen and is substantially lighter; people love that phone.

If you want a truly small phone, get a Z5 Compact. I think Google will sell more 5x's due to the larger, more mainstream screen size.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red