Is a annual purge a good idea?

Overkilled

You've probably seen the film? Less than 1% unemployment no violence what so ever and crime rate at a all time low all in exchange for 1 night of violence.

Is that really such a insane idea?

It's an unrealistic idea. One night of insane debauchery wouldn't satisfy people for an entire year.

We would most likely have the same crime rate the rest of the year and one night of terror.

Edit: For everyone that doesn't know what The Purge is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Purge

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

.....What? Are you suggesting people be allowed to be as violent as they want to be one day out of the year?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Can you please explain that a bit more in detail? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, what film?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

of course it is

/s

Can you please explain that a bit more in detail? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, what film?

no laws for 24 hours.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You've probably seen the film? Less than 1% unemployment no violence what so ever and crime rate at a all time low all in exchange for 1 night of violence.

This is worst idea ever, I know guys! Lets let millions of innocent people get killed in bloodbaths by nut cases 1 day a year!

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

I figured you meant a watercooling loop, in that case, yes...

in this case... no... just...... no

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

of course it is

/s

no laws for 24 hours.

Oh. Well, that wouldn't work. 

Reason: The only ones who would take advantage of this would be bad people. Good people would either get killed or suffer. So there would just be more violence afterwards.

Violence only leads to more violence.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

This is worst idea ever, I know guys! Lets let millions of innocent people get killed in bloodbaths by nut cases 1 day a year!

people aren't forced to go outside, if they wanna go outside and purge they risk being killed. Simple as.

people aren't forced to go outside, if they wanna go outside and purge they risk being killed. Simple as.

Ok, but I can still break into your house and kill you.

Oh. Well, that wouldn't work. 

Reason: The only ones who would take advantage of this would be bad people. Good people would either get killed or suffer. So there would just be more violence afterwards.

Violence only leads to more violence.

No they're forced to keep there aggression bottled up for 364 days. Humans are naturally capable of violence its natural instinct, people are killed everyday as it is crime rate would be at all time low

Why not, Surely playing first person shooters for so long will give me the advantage in such a scenerio. 

:/

Nothing stops me from going in your house and tearing your head off during the purge. It's a stupid idea.

No they're forced to keep there aggression bottled up for 364 days.

So what? Being "forced" to not being violent doesn't prevent violence.

Example: it is illegal to kill ppl nowadays and some do it regardless.

No they're forced to keep there aggression bottled up for 364 days. Humans are naturally capable of violence its natural instinct, people are killed everyday as it is crime rate would be at all time low

What, how are they forced to keep their aggression bottled up for the rest of the year? Most murders happen from a person getting really angry at someone else, so they kill them out of rage, but they usually regret it afterwards. I dunno about you, but when I'm angry, I don't care about laws, about the consequences of my actions. Stricter laws don't usually prevent violent actions from happening since most people don't care about them when they're committing the illegal act. It wouldn't change anything.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I haven't seen the movie but...

Even if it would actually lower the crime rate for the rest of the year (which will not happen btw) with that single day you would triple it.

Also you have to consider that at least 90% of the victims will be innocent people and if you are not rich enough to buy some kind of bunker you will most likely die.

We are already ´forced´ to keep our agressions bottled up. People getting to release their aggression doesn't really make them less violent. 

There is a reason my most people who leaves prison will end up there again.

But here is the reasons why the purge movies are wrong.

1. They assume that people are naturally violent towards one another. People who function normally don't tend to be violent towards other humans. The way humans evolved doesn't really favour us being violent towards people in our ingroup.
  2. They assume that all violence is the result of bottled up rage, The fact is that most violence is spontaneous and it isn't something people think about. 
  3. Business in a world with a purge would be terrible. If people could freely steal whatever they wanted one day a year, there wouldn't be much reason to run a business. You could spend years building a business and have it taken away over night. And insurance prices would be through the roof.
  4. Communities wouldn't be able to function. If you had to be aware of evey action you take out of fear for being killed when the purge happens, people would be too affraid to form any kind of bond with other people. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Are you high, If you actually watched the film you would've seen that the killers were breaking in to peoples houses and killing them, so that makes no sense

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️