Is a annual purge a good idea?

Overkilled

at least 90% of the victims will be innocent people

And that is the one main problem with this idea. Violent ppl would kill non violent ppl. Because non violent ppl wouldn't go around killing ppl. Only violent ppl would, which would just lead to more and more violence.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

people aren't forced to go outside, if they wanna go outside and purge they risk being killed. Simple as.

It's totally 100% legal for 12hrs, indoors, outdoors, by friends, family, strangers.

I hope your parents aren't mad at you about something, or your siblings... how could someone sleep at night during this?

I would be so tired staying up all night, I would sleep the rest of the next day, no work, hopefully its a national holiday to "clean up".

(please view my earlier post with video links)

PS: There are certain 'A' list people that are exempt of the Purge, like govermental figureheads, etc.

Chooser of the Slain

lol people actually thought this movie was seriously a good idea/worth implementing?

... *adds user names to his purge checklist.*

Its a terrible idea.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The idea itself is a contradiction, "No laws for a set of time is now the law."

See, people who think this sorta idea are okay are no different than people doing self harm.  It's just sugarcoating the same ideology with a layer of being a coward on top of it.

And if it's part of the law, someone may question it and go against it anyways. After that, he might convince others to go against it - I don't know if it would work, nor do I think it should. Condoning violent acts in real life? Really? Poor Susy wants nothing to do with this....Only wants to do grocery shopping...And now she was brutally murdered by someone. Is that really being encouraged?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I couldnt even get through that trailer that movie looks awful.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

You've probably seen the film? Less than 1% unemployment no violence what so ever and crime rate at a all time low all in exchange for 1 night of violence.

Is that really such a insane idea?

Did you even watch it? Cause I just did. The purge isn't about releasing violence. It's about killing off the homeless, the poor and the weak.

<_<

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Its a movie and you shouldn't take any "Facts" it portrays to be real. 

While it might help with the over population problem i dont think people would stop after 24 hours.  If you want evidence of this look at any riots over the past few years they only get worse and worse until someone, or something (mother nature) puts a stop to it.

Did you even watch it? Cause I just did. The purge isn't about releasing violence. It's about killing off the homeless, the poor and the weak.

<_<

Yeah but that wasn't the intent

Honestly I say no. It probably wouldn't effect crime rates at all and all it would do is over that one night small business would be very likely to be ruined and run out of business due to no wares and having to repair from the damage.

Neighbors would either become closer and whole neighborhoods would become defensive armies or neighbors would become paranoid about making even the slightest insult against another out of fear of overreactive retribution.

It would most likely just come with extreme negatives and social unrest post and pre-purge. Emotional trauma from rape, wounding, torture or death and a lot of people would have problems suddenly just dropping their weapons and walking away mid firefight.

Also as the movies showed the rich would be borderline invulnerable to anything other than a mass raid and the poor would suffer greatly due to probably just having a pistol or AR-15. You'd also have to think how the 2nd amendment would be affected.

All in all it's a retarded idea and anybody who thinks it's a good idea is an edgelord that'd go down in the first purge.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build