"Google: Gmail users ‘have no legitimate expectation of privacy'"

EChondo

http://rt.com/usa/google-gmail-motion-privacy-453/

"Just as a sender of a letter to a business colleague cannot be surprised that the recipient's assistant opens the letter, people who use Web-based email today cannot be surprised if their emails are processed by the recipient's [email provider] in the course of delivery," the motion reads in part. "Indeed, 'a person has no legitimate expectation of privacy in information he voluntarily turns over to third parties.’"

Precisely the reason why I host my own email and domain with high level encryption.

Man, this is annoying. I don't expect the government to be all up in my inbox! Although I know they don't care about my email personally, but there's just a certain amount of trust a consumer needs with companies and google just doesn't have it, however they're so hard to avoid that this is something we need to get used to. Corporations, therefore governments (as they come hand in hand) will be in our personal business.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Damn from this and from the US government saying non US citizens have no rights to privacy i feel like i have no one fighting for me

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Damn from this and from the US government saying non US citizens have no rights to privacy i feel like i have no one fighting for me

This. I'm yet to have any REAL personal info stored online (Job stuff, credit/debit cards etc..). What will life be like for me in >10 years when I'm trying to start my life. How far into my life with the government be? Reminds me of the book 1984.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Precisely the reason why I host my own email and domain with high level encryption.

How do you do this??? I'm really interested in privacy but I have no idea where to start

Thanks in advance by the way!!!

Damn you I don't want the government to be in my emails

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Sensationalistic title for this thread.. Not at all what the actual article says.

May as well have titled it "you can kill people", instead of " when you kill people, you go to jail".

Lol

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I'm tempted to sign up with mail.ru, because it'd feel better if the Russians had all my info rather than the Americans.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm tempted to sign up with mail.ru, because it'd feel better if the Russians had all my info rather than the Americans.

well the kremlin uses typewriters just because they are so paranoid.

lol, as if US citizens have rights.

All we're left to do is to....not trust the Internet! I'll just do my terrorist actions face to face!.

EDIT: it's a joke! OK?

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

"voluntarily"

Are doing this voluntarily ?

Then what do you expect?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I have nothing to hide. Anyone who thinks a system can be completely private and secure is only deluding themselves, even a privately hosted email server with the utmost level of security isn't 100% safe.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

*sigh* the goverment does not care what bars you frequent or what you really do online as long as its within the confines of the law to a certain extent, exceptions being piracy. You should only be concerned if what you do online can be classified as a threat to national security, that is all. The worst metadata could possibly do is target you for more ads of a particular type, even then I still do not care as I am completely polarized to ads they are such a frequent occurrence that I dont even notice them.

Before you say it, its not like saying hand over your credit card and ssid and then say trust us, last i checked the governemet only care if you dont pay taxes, they could care less that you just spent $5000 dollars on a macbook pro with 5 year old hardware or bought a 55 gallon drum of lube....they dont care in the slightest and do not even look at it if it isn't flagged by some security system and even then less then 1% of that internet traffic gets to that point.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about my privacy most of the time anyway. Sure I don't want my entire life spied on, but if Google wants to look through my e-mails and see that I paid for a Helix Studios subscription or that I bought a vibrator then they're welcome to.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about my privacy most of the time anyway. Sure I don't want my entire life spied on, but if Google wants to look through my e-mails and see that I paid for a Helix Studios subscription or that I bought a vibrator then they're welcome to.

Couldn't agree more, whats the worst that could happen, targeted adsense ads for all brands extracurricular "toys".

Couldn't agree more, whats the worst that could happen, targeted adsense ads for all brands extracurricular "toys".

Which conveniently gets blocked out by Adblock plus.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I don't think that the comparison quoted is reasonable... I would say it's more like Google reading your email at will is roughly equivalent to the US Postal Service reading your regular mail at will. There are SO MANY things wrong with what was said by whoever said that particular sentence that I'm not even going to point them out.

Which conveniently gets blocked out by Adblock plus.

exactly XD, so in the end its dosent effect me in the slightest.

I'm not sure what anyone would expect to glean from my email, besides that I like tech newsletters.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

How do you do this??? I'm really interested in privacy but I have no idea where to start

Thanks in advance by the way!!!

I would also like to know how to do that.

I don't think that the comparison quoted is reasonable... I would say it's more like Google reading your email at will is roughly equivalent to the US Postal Service reading your regular mail at will. There are SO MANY things wrong with what was said by whoever said that particular sentence that I'm not even going to point them out.

I gave that example as a joke.

I gave that example as a joke.

I was talking about the one in the OP, that said it's fine for Google to read all your email whenever they want because some people will go out of their way to hire a specific other person to read some of their mail sometimes.