PS4 World of Tanks Looks better Than PC Version

TwistedDictator

Didn't this game start off as a PC game? If so it seems a little silly that the PC crowd who made it popular are getting shafted by the consoles, which to be honest aren't the most powerful systems in the world, my 3 year old 660ti is still faster than them and you could pick one of those up for £50 nowadays... Just seems like them being lazy to be honest, but then again it's a business and they have to make money. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I can tell you right now without even going to my friend's house who has a PS3 and BF4 on it, that a PC with even a 750 ti in it will be able to run BF4 with a higher graphics setting and a stable framerate.

So do you actually have a $2000 gaming PC or not?

EDIT:

I'm just trying to make the point that you shouldn't shit on a company unless you have a legitimate reason to, which in this case you don't.

Do you even play the Battlefield series? Then you would know that BF4 has had the worst PC port of all time....especially considering console games ACTUALLY WORKED upon release date. The PC version of BF4 Didn't even work upon launch..............................So there is my case.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670185274997/

http://bf4central.com/2014/06/ea-finally-admits-battlefield-4-bad-launch/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064773364088586/

If you click my name, you can see my Gaming PC's specs.

Thanks!

Chris R.

WOT is going to rewrite the arty and copy the AW method too.

Jingles stated this in his video yesterday/day before.

/Soz, dbl posting

AFAIK they haven't stated this directly, they have hinted at it, but they could have also been hinting at the new physics engine they are making. Even then, there is no knowing if they are actually copying AW's method.

This is wargaming we are talking about, they ban people for mentioning Warthunder or AW on their forums. They simply do not allow discussion of it on the forums.

While I have played quite a bit of the game I do still think it needs serious fixing in several places, removing bushes from all maps to make the life if light tanks hell is not an improvement.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Do you even play the Battlefield series? Then you would know that BF4 has had the worst PC port of all time....especially considering console games ACTUALLY WORKED upon release date. The PC version of BF4 Didn't even work upon launch..............................So there is my case.

-snipsnipsnip-

Why are you misdirecting this to the launch issues?

I was responding to this post:

Friend brought over PS3 and played bf4 on it. Looks almost as good as my $2,000 Gaming PC. Thanks EA/Dice! I love when consoles get better quality games!

I replied accordingly.

If you click my name, you can see my Gaming PC's specs.

In my mind they've more than made up for the awful launch. The work that dice LA have done with battlefield 4 is amazing, the amount of time and effort they've put into it through the CTE and the free community map. They've learnt their lesson, I'm sure that battlefront will be flawless(hopefully) 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Didn't this game start off as a PC game? If so it seems a little silly that the PC crowd who made it popular are getting shafted by the consoles, which to be honest aren't the most powerful systems in the world, my 3 year old 660ti is still faster than them and you could pick one of those up for £50 nowadays... Just seems like them being lazy to be honest, but then again it's a business and they have to make money. 

The Xbox 360 version looks better than the PC version, at least that's what I remember.

I remember noticing it right away when I decided to watch a video of the 360 version.

EDIT: I remembered wrong, it was only the Xbone version that looked better.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

The Xbox 360 version looks better than the PC version, at least that's what I remember.

I remember noticing it right away when I decided to watch a video of the 360 version.

well then... that sucks but I don't really care that much tbh, I don't play it, single player games are my go to games atm, mgs v can't let me go. 

Oh well, I'll just have to get used to DSR making it look sharpened as hell and as pretty as I can, without the extra effects.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Why are you misdirecting this to the launch issues?

I was responding to this post:

I replied accordingly.

Because it shows how poorly the port to PC is and how much more time was spent optimizing the game for consoles then the PC. Which is what this entire thread is all about if you read the title. If you actually read the title, then you would have seen and understand what I am talking about rather than trying to hate on my gaming pc.

Thanks!

Chris R.

I don't play the game so I don't necessarily care, but this is just....disappointing. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Because it shows how poorly the port to PC is and how much more time was spent optimizing the game for consoles then the PC. Which is what this entire thread is all about if you read the title. If you actually read the title, then you would have seen and understand what I am talking about rather than trying to hate on my gaming pc.

I updated my post.

Spoiler

Like I fookin said, I was responding to something you specifically said about how the game looks on different platforms.

If you actually had working eyes, you would be able to tell the difference between texture resolutions, overall rendering resolution and so on.

Here you go, a direct comparison.

Both consoles are highly inferior.

Rekt.

Friend brought over PS3 and played bf4 on it. Looks almost as good as my $2,000 Gaming PC. Thanks EA/Dice! I love when consoles get better quality games!

then your 2000 USD rig isn't very good.....I have about 2000 USD in mine atm (2600k, z77x, Fury x, 16 GB ram) and my rig makes PS4/XB1 look like an N64.

OT: if that is the case then I guess Wargaming is now officially on my shit list (along with Frontier, Gaijin, Konami, and many more)

Like I fookin said, I was responding to something you specifically said about how the game looks on different platforms.

If you actually had working eyes, you would be able to tell the difference between texture resolutions, overall rendering resolution and so on.

Here you go, a direct comparison.

Both consoles are highly inferior.

Rekt.

Mk well go ask any current BF4 pc player how their experience with the game has been since launch date. Then ask a console player. Oh but I see that you don't even play it....so you wouldn't even know....

Thanks!

Chris R.

Mk well go ask any current BF4 pc player how their experience with the game has been since launch date. Then ask a console player. Oh but I see that you don't even play it....so you wouldn't even know....

You're misdirecting to something completely irrelevant, again.

Thanks for the discussion.

BF4 was fucked from the start.. on all platforms, PC was worse of them all (the Rage, the QQ's, the BSOD's, the CTD's, the DXGI not found, The game session has ended (no reason)

Plus the rest... months and months of RANDOM issues... oh an update.. SWEET... oh its fucked MORE than it was before...

GG BF4,...GG

His point.....

If you can't see the difference between platforms, thats on you, cos others can.

Ontopic - WOT at 4K is pretty sharp... never bothered with SweetFX, does it work with WOT, never tried.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

it makes sense, but is bs nonetheless.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

BF4 is IMO one of the best optimized games on PC. It has awesome graphics and manages to run extremely well. Of course the PC version had launch issues, but other than that the PC version is superior to the console versions.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Based on Linus's video of "Is 4k really worth it as a youtuber", the compressed shittyness of youtube is nowhere to compare video quality differences. Although since the pc vs console graphics in bf4 is clearly visible, I would image it would be an even greater difference in real life. 

Having close to 500 hours in the pc version of bf4 (been playing from pc release day), the only issues I have ever seen were some texture popping or a weird color. Nothing "game breaking" relating to the engine or joining games. Might have tried to reload once or twice and got killed because of a glitch but hey, it's a fun game so w/e.

Again, like Luke said in the gtx 480 vs "next gen" consoles video, it takes an order of magnitude more power to increase fps rather that image quality. You don't throw away your $400 ps4 for a $2000 computer just to turn the graphics quality settings from medium to ultra, you do it for the added benefits of higher resolutions, fps, input device diversity, etc.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

It probably has something to do with consoles are harder for costly to update on so they made this game look good from the get go. I would imagine the PC update for better graphics will be coming soon. Who know though.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

You're misdirecting to something completely irrelevant, again.

Thanks for the discussion.

wat ev m8 u win an online discussion that carries no significance in the real world. Must be feelin' proud that u "Rekt" someone today

Thanks!

Chris R.

It probably has something to do with consoles are harder for costly to update on so they made this game look good from the get go. I would imagine the PC update for better graphics will be coming soon. Who know though.

That's not it.

New console version is the best version of the game = more people interested in the game = more users = more money for what is used

New upgraded graphics on PC = development costs = no change in user amount = no money gained

That's the very short version of it.

The better the console version of the game is the more people they will get on the console, unless there is a massive outrage there will be no better graphics on the PC version.

Spoiler

Update : The game will be running 30fps not 60fps, this was just recently updated by a developer which was confirmed by DualShockers.

The devs  now reconfirmed that its running 30fps. They made a mistake saying 60 lol

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

The devs  now reconfirmed that its running 30fps. They made a mistake saying 60 lol

Well that just fixes everything then.

Not really but I know that frame rate is more important than graphical fidelity.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs