PS4 World of Tanks Looks better Than PC Version

TwistedDictator

World-Of-tanks-1024x550.jpg

World of Tanks has been on PC for a while but recently was just announced that it will be coming to the PlayStation 4. The PS4 owners will be in for a treat as Marketing Product Manager Max Chuvalov has confirmed 60fps 1080p, but there is so much more.

He has mentioned that the PS4 version of the game will graphically “more sophisticated” than the PC version, and it due to the PC version has a huge scale of different machines to support, and majority of the community plays on a low/mid spec PCs.

The PS4 version will have all tanks, environments and HD maps on release. With that weather conditions, night battles, and dynamic effects will be included.

Chuvalov has also stated that the PS4 version and the Xbox One version are “almost the same” visually.

Source

So much for PCMASTERRACE lol. Couldnt they push the "sophisticated" graphics on PC?

Update : The game will be running 30fps not 60fps, this was just recently updated by a developer which was confirmed by DualShockers.

I guess the devs were confused on what frames they were running lol. Devs said it was a mistake, it is now running 30fps lol.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

But that's pretty funny..

I'm sure it will change in the future. Or not.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

First off... *Than... Fix it in title! :D
We will see when it comes out. But truth be told, the PC version runs like crap, it's burning up hardware and has shitty graphics, which I still don't get HOW...

The framerate is really inconsistent no matter what hardware you run.

they could easily add better graphics for pc while keeping the low end graphics

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Couldnt they push the "sophisticated" graphics on PC?

They can. They'd just rather double dip into the console market and not put any effort into the PC platform since PC has superior hardware.

It's not just the graphics apparently, I don't remember playing in night battles, seeing weather effects, or "dynamic effects" (no idea what these are).

I'll stick with the game until Armored Warfare comes, then I will jump ship like most people. The devs just don't seem to give 2 shits about their game, at least on the PC.

I can't wait to see them scram to keep their community when AW comes, that games has done away with what is bad in WoT, arty is a great example.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Madara you can fix that right?

Friend brought over PS3 and played bf4 on it. Looks almost as good as my $2,000 Gaming PC. Thanks EA/Dice! I love when consoles get better quality games!

And what are the specs of your $2,000 gaming PC? If you can't see the difference, then why did you spend so much on your PC?

I'm sure it will change in the future. Or not.

Wargaming? Change?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

As a hardcore PC gamer since the end of the 90s, consoles seem more and more appealing just because they can run stuff like this for a mere 350-400$ while I gotta spend that much on a GPU alone and still not get stable 60fps in some games. While on the other hand, 30fps on WoT doesn't sound so bad considering that the freaking game goes from 80fps to 10fps in milliseconds, it's just amazing how easily they fuck up games on the PC. I swear, if consoles had good mouse and keyboard control, I would freaking bail this instant...

The Witcher 3 and other new titles don't look bad at all on the PS4 and Xbox One. Sure, they look better on PC, but is it worth it is what I'm saying?

Oh boy, I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this one on a PC forum :D

And what are the specs of your $2,000 gaming PC? If you can't see the difference, then why did you spend so much on your PC?

Better than PS3 specs I can tell you that.

Point being Dice/EA spent more time and gave a higher quality port to consoles than the PC versions.

Thanks!

Chris R.

The dev never heard of a pc options menu and graphical sliders

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They could, but would that make them anymore money?

They have enough money to make their CEO consider a space program, I am not kidding, though I may be wrong about it being the CEO.

They even wanted to restore a Maus, a german tank that is...well... Just look it up. They cancelled that though... assholes...

Spoiler

The framerate is really inconsistent no matter what hardware you run.

Er.. No its not.

It's plays beautifully here...with my sig rig.

Vsync+Triple buffering, Locked to 60fps, no dips, EVER. Smooth as silk (Gpu at 45-65%)

No-Vsync, 80-110fps (Depending on map) (Gpu at 99%)

My mums i3+280x max's the game with 60fps vsync locked as well.

/PC recent additions are the new post-AA they added, the HD skins are nice, a little late to the game,... but I'd love to see the dynamic effects and such added too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yup, the current consoles have higher performance than the average gaming pc, so not a big surprise. Saying the consoles are holding back pc gaming is just ignorant.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

The dev never heard of a pc options menu and graphical sliders

Ikr, bout maybe this means there will be an update to the PC version? 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Better than PS3 specs I can tell you that.

Point being Dice/EA spent more time and gave a higher quality port to consoles than the PC versions.

I can tell you right now without even going to my friend's house who has a PS3 and BF4 on it, that a PC with even a 750 ti in it will be able to run BF4 with a higher graphics setting and a stable framerate.

So do you actually have a $2000 gaming PC or not?

EDIT:

I'm just trying to make the point that you shouldn't shit on a company unless you have a legitimate reason to, which in this case you don't.

Ikr, bout maybe this means there will be an update to the PC version? 

I think in due time,...because the PC players will have a bitchfest in the forums asking WHY more powerful machines, do not get the new fancy effects.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It's not just the graphics apparently, I don't remember playing in night battles, seeing weather effects, or "dynamic effects" (no idea what these are).

I'll stick with the game until Armored Warfare comes, then I will jump ship like most people. The devs just don't seem to give 2 shits about their game, at least on the PC.

I can't wait to see them scram to keep their community when AW comes, that games has done away with what is bad in WoT, arty is a great example.

WOT is going to rewrite the arty and copy the AW method too.

Jingles stated this in his video yesterday/day before.

/Soz, dbl posting

I think in due time,...because the PC players will have a bitchfest in the forums asking WHY more powerful machines, do not get the new fancy effects.

I bet $3.50 they'll say that the textures/effects/etc that they use in the PS4 version wouldn't run that well on PC.

While conveniently leaving out how they are being lazy asshats and just don't wanna put any effort (least amount possible) into their PC version.

I bet $3.50 they'll say that the textures/effects/etc that they use in the PS4 version wouldn't run that well on PC.

While conveniently leaving out how they are being lazy asshats and just don't wanna put any effort (least amount possible) into their PC version.

Such irony............but I agree, if MOST of their userbase is running POTATO's, then yeah, why give two fucks about the minorities.

Until they notice PC players leaving (mostly due to AW) but they may change their tune one day...

:(

Er.. No its not.

It's plays beautifully here...with my sig rig.

Vsync+Triple buffering, Locked to 60fps, no dips, EVER. Smooth as silk (Gpu at 45-65%)

No-Vsync, 80-110fps (Depending on map) (Gpu at 99%)

My mums i3+280x max's the game with 60fps vsync locked as well.

/PC recent additions are the new post-AA they added, the HD skins are nice, a little late to the game,... but I'd love to see the dynamic effects and such added too.

Runs maxed out on my PC too, with Vsync. 60FPS constant, but with no Vsync, it's just all over the place. Mind you, it looks like shit, the graphics are nothing special, yet it pulls so much power.

On my laptop with i3, 4GB RAM and 820m 1GB. I set it to lowest, I get 60fps and dips, I set to medium I get 60 fps and dips. High just fucks it up entirely at 720p.

Random dips in framerates when zooming from 3rd person to sniper view on both PC and laptop.

I run the freaking Witcher 3 at 1080p almost maxed out with NO dips and this heap of flaming crap dips? Like WTF?