SHARP May Introduce 8K UHD Displays in October

HKZeroFive

There comes a point where there's so many damn pixels that it's hard to notice the difference.

I sacrifice pixel count for more FPS any day.

UHD, not to be cofused with ultra HD, but meaning Unheardof HD

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I'd rather pickup a VR headset and a multi-directional treadmill like the Virtuix Omni AND stick with a 144hz monitor.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Now I can finaly use 80" TV as a monitor and there will be no issue with seeing big pixels. Yay!

Now just gimme GPU that can actualy play games on that thing!

8K is what Japanese broadcasters are trying to push for the future anyway, so it's not that crazy.

Can't wait for glorious 8K moeblobs.

That said, does anyone know what panel manufacturer Sharp has contract with?

Yeah, was about to write that.

And 8K makes sense for large screens like this. I mean pixel density is just good :)

There was also mentioning about 8K being a great resolution for VR and giving great span of vision, something along those lines xD

As far as gaming, can't see it at least until 4K is drivable as 1080p is now.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

quad R9 390X may have a shot at 30FPS....

lets just pray there is a CF profile though

Well I guess you're the 0.01% that  actually have a chance.... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I think this somewhat speaks a reason not to expend too much effort to be an early adopter to 4K.  Some UHD between 4K and 8K is going to end up as the de facto standard and we don't know which one it is.  Dell has had a 5K monitor for awhile.  Really we only talk 4K because right now you can throw enough hardware at 4K to make it more or less work.  

As we see more of DX12, new GPU architectures come out, etc, there is always the chance we skip right over something.  720p gaming was kind of brushed past on the way to 1080p.  

Before I could save up enough money for a 4K TV, they will be already pushing 16K UltraX2 blah blah blah..

but-why.gif

EDIT: I literally cant see the point in these tho :/ You cant even stream 8K video to it from whatever device, try watching an 8K video and you may as well prepare a grave for bandwidth.

Then you haven't been paying any attention at all. You could say the same thing of 1080p a decade ago.

Then you haven't been paying any attention at all. You could say the same thing of 1080p a decade ago.

Yeh and look how long its taken for it to be mainstreamed...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Barely can find any 4K content besides games, good luck finding anything to view on that....

Even 4k games are like 0.5% of gamers.

Even 4k won't be the standard for at least 5-10 years IMHO.

Even 4k games are like 0.5% of gamers.

Even 4k won't be the standard for at least 5-10 years IMHO.

No way definitely not with some demanding 120+ fps

I agree with you

Already a dead standard.

What consumer physical format can handle 8K? Didn't Blu-Ray just get 4K? Also streaming 8k will be a bitch and downloading 8k would destroy data caps.

but-why.gif

EDIT: I literally cant see the point in these tho :/ You cant even stream 8K video to it from whatever device, try watching an 8K video and you may as well prepare a grave for bandwidth.

read the cot damn quote: 

"The screens will be used for commercial applications and will hardly find their ways to homes."

Too many people leaving comments having read only the title....No doubt this will happen again.

-------

Title: 16K screen announced 

OP quote: "to be used by NASA for Mars people / future proofing"

Comment: bandwidth/Blu-ray/GPU/gaming/spec wars blah blah...

-------

Let this be a warning to all LTT forum users. I will own you like i owned this kid with my logic and reading abilities (+ supreme post structure and formatting).

I hope to see a resolution cap out at some point because of some of the useless resolutions for home use Being tossed around.

4K on phones,and beyond 8k for home use. I find it hard to justify 8k for home use but I can slightly . Technology without benefit is just that

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

but-why.gif

I can see the use of this TV

Not gaming and "I go home  and watch a movie "style" as it is cost $13000 ish, but if you have an expensive hotel or watch store, and you want to show your customers the best thing that you can offer, then you can take some really high res image or make a movie about your hotel and play it there. It is a very niche market indeed

I'd be nice if they introduced a few thousand 8k movies or a GPU 5 times stronger than a titan x to go along with it though.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm sitting here on my couch with a 1080p TV mounted on my wall 10 feet away and It's impossible for me to tell difference between 720p and 1080p. I have a hard time telling the difference between 480p and 1080p at this distance if you exclude the black bars on the sides.

Depends on the source content you are viewing. All satellite/cable TV, etc. is 720p no matter what. That's what they broadcast in (at least in North America), and they also use pretty abysmal bit rates. But I can tell a huge difference between 720p cable TV and a 1080p Blu-Ray on the same TV at the same viewing distance (I have a 50" LG 1080p LCD TV and viewing from about 10 feet away.)

But yeah, bit rates are a huge part of the equation as well that many people forget.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

4 Titan X's overclocked under water.

...might get you 30, maybe.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

...might get you 30, maybe.

Two Titan X's get you around 30 in BF4.

So around 40-50.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE