SHARP May Introduce 8K UHD Displays in October

HKZeroFive

Finally I can have a wall as a TV and look at photos (because everything else is impossible to drive on that thing...) But the pics must definitely look gorgeous on that screen!

Exciting times ;D

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

-snip-

Nope, not when they are meant to be used in professional non-consumer applications.

We had video recorders long before Beta or VHS where a thing, but those were only for professional use.

Us mortals are not going to get 8K TVs any time soon, 4K UHD for sure, but not 8K, not very soon at least.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I find it amusing how long we were on 1080p before 4k was a thing, now we're already getting 8k TV's

Don't forget the same thing happened to 720p. It was always just the stepping stone until enough caught up to 1080p.

I remember our first 1080p TV with Charter's HD package looked like garbage because almost everything was only filmed in 720p for the longest time.

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

Nope, not when they are meant to be used in professional non-consumer applications.

We had video recorders long before Beta or VHS where a thing, but those were only for professional use.

Us mortals are not going to get 8K TVs any time soon, 4K UHD for sure, but not 8K, not very soon at least.

Video formats are a bit different. Betamax (and its spiritual successor, Betacam) weren't exactly intended for professional use only but found their way to news stations across the US.

VHS was never really commercially used. It was mostly made for home use and those tapes that play when you would walk into a store.

Don't forget the same thing happened to 720p. It was always just the stepping stone until enough caught up to 1080p.

I remember our first 1080p TV with Charter's HD package looked like garbage because almost everything was only filmed in 720p for the longest time.

You're thinking of 1080i and not 720p.

Only news stations and ABC/Fox channels really use 720p or used 720p. All of Viacom's and NBCUniversal's (iirc) content is 1080i, and, hell, many channels still have 480i forks.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Video formats are a bit different. Betamax (and its spiritual successor, Betacam) weren't exactly intended for professional use only but found their way to news stations across the US.

VHS was never really commercially used. It was mostly made for home use and those tapes that play when you would walk into a store.

They both came from higher end machines to consumer hands though.

They both came from higher end machines to consumer hands though.

I know Betamax was made for professionally developed environments but I didn't know that was VHS' purpose too

then again some stations archived their tapes in vhs

I know Betamax was made for professionally developed environments but I didn't know that was VHS' purpose too

then again some stations archived their tapes in vhs

Nah, Betamax came from U-Matic, Betamax was designed for consumers, there was ED-Beta which was pretty badass and for more professional use.

I'm not sure but I think there were some professional VHS machines, I think there there were some digital VHS machines as well.

Nah, Betamax came from U-Matic, Betamax was designed for consumers, there was ED-Beta which was pretty badass and for more professional use.

I'm not sure but I think there were some professional VHS machines, I think there there were some digital VHS machines as well.

I've heard of D-VHS (if that's what you're thinking about) but that was almost entirely aimed for home theaters.

surprise internet speeds 

4672414876.png

All that time lapse content you can watch EXCITING! far off gaming in 8k 

I dunno, i bet you can get more than enough fps for source games and such, with just two video cards even.

Id rather play lower graphics games @ 8k, then higher grahpics games @ 4k/1440p

Two Titan X's get you around 30 in BF4.

So around 40-50.

He was talking about 8K... I was just thinking that 1 Titan X won't get you 4K60 fps in most newer games, especially for the next year or two. And since 4 Titan Xs will only be 2.5-3x the performance in SLI, then 4 won't get you there either at 4X the resolution.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

He was talking about 8K... I was just thinking that 1 Titan X won't get you 4K60 fps in most newer games, especially for the next year or two. And since 4 Titan Xs will only be 2.5-3x the performance in SLI, then 4 won't get you there either at 4X the resolution.

bruh, theres fucking videos with 8k DSR with two Titan X's getting 40fps.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

8K is pointless for home televisions unless you have a 101 inch one and sit 3M away, for monitors it might just be slightly noticeable seeing as I sit 1M away at 28 inch.

But I suppose 8K should be the last resolution we bother with just in case, I'd prefer they sort out OLED and local illumination first personally.

but-why.gif

EDIT: I literally cant see the point in these tho :/ You cant even stream 8K video to it from whatever device, try watching an 8K video and you may as well prepare a grave for bandwidth.

because it will push content providers to offer 8k content.

Praise Duarte!

because it will push content providers to offer 8k content.

No, it will push them to offer friggin 4K content :P

No, it will push them to offer friggin 4K content :P

that too.

Praise Duarte!

How is it 8k UHD? When UHD is slightly less than 4k.

Originally 8K was UHD along with 22.4 speaker setup.. but they where not able to achieve it..Full HD TV prices where going down, companies where caught doing price fixing.. so they have to make 4k in between,,