Pokemon Go Announced. Pokemon on iOS/Android

skywake

So Pokemon Shuffle came out to little fanfare a few weeks ago and I believe something before that. But those weren't really in collaboration with Nintendo and they weren't really "Pokemon games". Just match-3 puzzle games with Pokemon elements. This however appears to be an actual Pokemon game and one in collaboration with Nintendo.

The trailer is kinda hard to follow because it doesn't have much actual gameplay. But it shows finding Pokemon in the wild, catching and battling.

They're saying 2016 which means it won't be the first mobile game Nintendo puts out. I'm not sure if it even counts as Nintendo given that the Pokemon Company kinda do their own thing. Either way, Nintendo is making a move into mobile so we should expect more of this in the coming months. Interesting times for Nintendo fans.

edit: from serebii.net

- The new project is in conjunction with Nintendo. It utilises smartphones and seems to feature capturing and battling of Pokémon
- Project is called Pokémon Go. Will be releaed on iOS and Android in 2016 in collaboration with Niantic, a startup from Google that became independent.
- Go around and use the Augmented Reality to find various Pokémon in various areas. Meet up for various small fests for battling and so forth.
- Junichi Masuda is assisting in creating locations, music and so forth.
- Pokémon Go will link to the main games in some way
- Pokémon Go comes with a device you can attach to your wrist. It's called Pokémon Go Plus which connects via bluetooth and notifies the player of any nearby Pokémon
- Pokémon Go is free to play but has in-app purchases
Edited by skywake

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

OH MY!

I need an Android phone...NOW! I just...oh my. :wub:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

10/10 - game wont be anywhere near as cool as that ad

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz | MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: G.Skill Trident 16GB DDR3-2400 | Graphics: EVGA GTX980 Superclocked

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Black 2TB / WD Green 4TB | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

So my switch to Android was completely worth it after all.

I hope I can find a Floatzel somewhere around here.

Windows phone user? 

Nope, I don't have a phone (anymore).

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

WHY

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

that trailer is so bs...... Its not even fun to watch anymore

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I'm still wrapping my head around there being more than 151 Pokemon.  You can tell how long I've been out of that game.

Imagine when you're the only one playing it and people are thinking, "wtf is this guy doing swinging his arms and smiling". Or when the game leads you not to a Pokemon but a rapist. GG

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

10/10 - game wont be anywhere near as cool as that ad

ahaha yea, but it will still be pretty cool!

yes the game will prob be nowhere near as exiting as the add but imagine this being tied to the next pokemon game for cathing pokemon. meeting other trainers. events and random encounters..... it has potetial if nintendo wants to tie all it's devices

Give us Simulated Reality already!!!!

I need this in actuality. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Finally... something that Nintendo makes that I might *Actually* pay money for...

But, Nintendo being... Well, Nintendo. I feel like they're going to mess this up...

this makes me so so damn happy ! ! ! 

Anyone else think link this with a MS halolens and It'll be exactly like the trailer. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

inb4:

1.99$ for a Pokéball

7.99$ for 5 Pokéballs

[...]

49.99$ for a Masterball

And now I'm sad :( 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

inb4:

1.99$ for a Pokéball

7.99$ for 5 Pokéballs

[...]

49.99$ for a Masterball

Well...you just ruined it.

We all know that it will end up like this

No...no. Hopefully Nintendo will know this is the wrong idea. I hope they make it so that you buy it like their console games and it comes with a piece of hardware to use alongside your device. Maybe that will encourage them to stay away from micro-transactions and the like.

No...no. Hopefully Nintendo will know this is the wrong idea. I hope they make it so that you buy it like their console games and it comes with a piece of hardware to use alongside your device. Maybe that will encourage them to stay away from micro-transactions and the like.

A Japanese publisher that treats gamers as people and not cash cows?

Even less likely than EA or Ubisoft having a change of heart IMO.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

A Japanese publisher that treats gamers as people and not cash cows?

Even less likely than EA or Ubisoft having a change of heart IMO.

I said hopefully. Don't completely shatter it with your excessive need for pointing out reality. :(

I said hopefully. Don't completely shatter it with your excessive need for pointing out reality. :(

I apologise, it's a problem I have :/

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.