Pokemon Go Announced. Pokemon on iOS/Android

skywake

edit: from serebii.net

- Project is called Pokémon Go. Will be releaed on iOS and Android in 2016 in collaboration with Niantic, a startup from Google that became independent.

This piece of news is VERY interesting. As I was watching the video it was eerily like the april fools joke that google had. https://youtu.be/4YMD6xELI_k

My guess is that it sparked some interest from Nintendo/Pokemon Company to make this happen :D Super exciting to see what they make of it. 

This piece of news is VERY interesting. As I was watching the video it was eerily like the april fools joke that google had. https://youtu.be/4YMD6xELI_k

My guess is that it sparked some interest from Nintendo/Pokemon Company to make this happen :D Super exciting to see what they make of it. 

Actually, looking up the company name it's actually these guys

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I can't wait to see a stereotypical 30 y old guy, no social skills, living with his mom, get harassed by 3 12y old kids shouting over some pokemon on the street.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

I can't wait to see a stereotypical 30 y old guy, no social skills, living with his mom, get harassed by 3 12y old kids shouting over some pokemon on the street.

Upcoming Channel Super Fun?

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Well...you just ruined it.

Just pay $49.99 for the Master Ball and capture Arceus. Fools shall fight you and you take their money. Simple.

Upcoming Channel Super Fun?

Taran getting punched by a fat kid who's stealing his pokemons...

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

When are we going to get the 3rd person rpg i've been waiting for since my childhood...?

When are we going to get the 3rd person rpg i've been waiting for since my childhood...?

You mean something more like the Digimon PSP games?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You mean something more like the Digimon PSP games?

Something like Ni no Kuni.

Something like Ni no Kuni.

Ah, that would be pretty neat indeed!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This game has the potential to be the first game since Age of Empires 3 that I would find exciting and worthwhile to pay $60 up front for.  The question is... would I be ok with spending that amount in micro transactions?  No, I don't think I would.  Microtransactions to unlock full gameplay is easily more obtrusive than the adds on Spotify, and those are really annoying.

-Jarro

This game has the potential to be the first game since Age of Empires 3 that I would find exciting and worthwhile to pay $60 up front for.  The question is... would I be ok with spending that amount in micro transactions?  No, I don't think I would.  Microtransactions to unlock full gameplay is easily more obtrusive than the adds on Spotify, and those are really annoying.

Well, we don't know if it will even function like the typical mobile device game. I mean it is highly likely that it will...but maybe it will be heavily restricted, or not so obtrusive, like Record Keeper. You don't have to buy anything and playing is completely doable without it.

We all know that it will end up like this

Sad truth lmao

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Well, we don't know if it will even function like the typical mobile device game. I mean it is highly likely that it will...but maybe it will be heavily restricted, or not so obtrusive, like Record Keeper. You don't have to buy anything and playing is completely doable without it.

I agree. We don't know how it will function yet.  It would be amazing if the game was completely open without needing to buy anything, but I wonder what quality of game Pokemon Company would make with that sort of model. 

-Jarro

Lets link it to our Google Wallet so that people can battle for money. A fun new way of gambling with children. :)

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

So my switch to Android was completely worth it after all.

I hope I can find a Floatzel somewhere around here.

W-what about legendaries like mews? Where the only way to officially get one is to transfer from PalPark, or get 999 Pokémon in Ranch, or find a legitimate one from an event literally five years ago.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

I'd buy it

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Really? Nobody is going to call BS on the guy that caught a level 36 Charizard in the wild, without even weakening it? Most unrealistic part of the video.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

W-what about legendaries like mews? Where the only way to officially get one is to transfer from PalPark, or get 999 Pokémon in Ranch, or find a legitimate one from an event literally five years ago.

Or through a glitch in gen I.

Lol just saying, who doesn't use their android phone to emulate pokemon games?

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Looks... Interesting. Time to wait for some actual gameplay information I guess.

Looks like that commercial that google did on April fools when pokemon was meshed into Google maps

They need a dedicated glasses wearable