iPad Surface Pro

GoodBytes

I can taste your fanboy tears lol.

Go to the store and compare a 720P IPS screen like the Iphone 6 and a 1440P Oled screen like the S6. 

Been there, done that. The resolution at that point is irrelevant. Literally everyone agrees on that aside from you who doesn't seem to understand anything other than pure specs without considering anything else (like the fact that even with much "worse" specs the iPhone runs just as well as any Android flagship). 

And yes, I'm a massive fanboy, that's why I've owned multiple Android phones, a Galaxy Note 8, and multiple Windows computers. 

It's pretty evident, which one of use isn't capable of having a rationale argument with well thought out and valid arguments that take into consideration more than just our own personal use. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It's pretty evident, which one of use isn't capable of having a rationale argument with well thought out and valid arguments that take into consideration more than just our own personal use. 

You are the one making invalid arguments like support,build quality and that "720P screen is enough"

Remember this video?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You are the one making invalid arguments like support,build quality and that "720P screen is enough"

Remember this video?

*cough* 

-Linus

To me the iPhone 6 is Apple's statement to the world that the pixel count race, something they started with the iPhone 4, is over. And I think they're right. At this size, 750p is good enough. (more on that in my Moto X review) 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

*cough* 

-Linus

I can't belive you are defending a company who puts a 720P display on their "flagship" phone just so that they can make a bigger margin on an already overpriced phone.

If you don't care about resolutions of refresh rates, why the heck do you have a 144hz screen? Human eye can only see 24FPS!!!

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I can't belive you are defending a company who puts a 720P display on their "flagship" phone just so that they can make a bigger margin on an already overpriced phone.

If you don't care about resolutions of refresh rates, why the heck do you have a 144hz screen? Human eye can only see 24FPS!!!

Who gives a flying fuck about a PHONE not having uber resolution screens. It's not necessary, you don't need it. The resolution is more than good enough and if you think it's not you have a serious problem with compensation for every little detail.

1423139397987591345.jpg

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Who gives a flying fuck about a PHONE not having uber resolution screens. It's not necessary, you don't need it. The resolution is more than good enough and if you think it's not you have a serious problem with compensation for every little detail.

Because when you pay 650€ you ATLEAST expect a 1080P display for the sake of it.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Right, I'm done with you. 

There's no advantage to having >750p resolution on a 4.7" phone. 

Why do you have a 1080P 144hz display? YOU DON'T NEED IT. Just play games on a Xbox 360 at 720P 30FPS?

Because there's a bit of difference....1080p on a 24" screen looks very different than 720P. Alternatively, 750p on a 4.7" screen doesn't look any different than a 1440p screen. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Right, I'm done with you. 

There's no advantage to having >750p resolution on a 4.7" phone. 

Because there's a bit of difference....1080p on a 24" screen looks very different than 720P. Alternatively, 750p on a 4.7" screen doesn't look any different than a 1440p screen. 

Then you need to get your eyes fixed son.

I want to see your rig on Craiglist asap, because resolution is just a number right??? Why are you playing on a +2000$ rig when you can play on a glorious 50$ Xbox 360?

You could use that money to buy more Apple stuff!

Oh and don't forget to change your avatar.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Btw, does the iPhony 6SPlus really costs €1,069??? The fuck?? I'm talking about the 128GB version.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Btw, does the iPhony 6SPlus really costs €1,069??? The fuck?? I'm talking about the 128GB version.

It's cheap right? A smartphone that costs more then most cars in this country.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

It's cheap right? A smartphone that costs more then most cars in this country.

I'd buy two same cars of that. Just in case the other one gets stolen lol

DAC/AMPs:

Guess it's easy to make money from stupid people:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IL3TZSQ

41cGG7FbEwL.jpg

"It doesn't work with my VCR."

"$13,499, dang it, I paid $14,000 for mine. I'm so disappointed I didn't wait for the sale"

"Piece ah crap doesn't work with my new Apple Watch."

"These caused pixelation on my Atari 2600 even when I had it set to black and white. DO NOT BUY!"

"Won't convert 1940s record disc recordings into ultra-high-definition sound.Then my dog decided it would be a good idea to chew on the wire. Although the wire is now gone for good, my dog can now howl actual melodies. Hmm - the power of Audioquest cables."

The iPad Pro is aimed at people writing Amazon 1 star customer reviews.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I expected this level of idiocy from Reddit, why minimized my time there and looked elsewhere. The hive minded circlejerk on the technology, android, Apple AND Pcgaming subredditS is cringe worthy.

But you guys? Jesus.

The amount of personal anger some of you have towards Apple, and your blatant Trolling in this thread as a result, is a little worrying. Seriously, this much hate over something that doesn't affect you, won't be bought by you and will largely have zero bearing on your future.

I expected this level of idiocy from Reddit, why minimized my time there and looked elsewhere. The hive minded circlejerk on the technology, android, Apple AND Pcgaming subredditS is cringe worthy.

But you guys? Jesus.

The amount of personal anger some of you have towards Apple, and your blatant Trolling in this thread as a result, is a little worrying. Seriously, this much hate over something that doesn't affect you, won't be bought by you and will largely have zero bearing on your future.

Apple is quite simply doing an outright copy of a product made by their main rival-who also has their product at a lower price point, the same build quality and more features. Its not hate its facing reality-Apple is going to make a product that does not make sense in any way due to its price and feature set.

PMSL

But you guys? Jesus.

People feel the need to get butthurt over the fact that Apple, as a company, is far smarter and more successful than anyone else. And they feel jealous at the fact that either A) they can't afford their products, or B) have such strong tunnel vision that they're unable to look past the top layer (being pure specs) and paying attention to actual performance and/or secondary benefits -- like support.

People get all upset over Apple for charging as much as they do and then seemingly providing so little, yet people rarely consider R&D and/or support into either calculations. Now, that's not to say Apple doesn't have great margins -- there is a reason why they're the #1 most valuable company. And that's also not to say they don't benefit greatly from the average consumer not being very tech savvy -- although, that being said their products do still compete with their competition quite well -- the difference being that the average user doesn't need the power of a rMBP -- or frankly, even benefit/care about the better screen, but they end up going down that route because it's an Apple product. So, this leads to an interesting question.....is this a good thing or a bad thing? On one hand, it's debatably a bad thing since consumers are spending money on hardware they don't really need when they can get something for less. But at the same time, it also does help prevent people from buying crap. Back in freshman/sophomore year of highschool half the students had netbooks, most of which were falling apart and all of which were slow as hell. So, consumers jumping aboard the Apple bandwagon really did help steer people away from that kind of crap. 

Apple is quite simply doing an outright copy of a product made by their main rival-who also has their product at a lower price point, the same build quality and more features. Its not hate its facing reality-Apple is going to make a product that does not make sense in any way due to its price and feature set.

So it's a copy because....it has a larger screen? Or because it uses a stylus? The only thing that makes it "a copy" is the fact that it has an extra connector port for a type cover -- which isn't really all that big of a deal frankly. And again, they have different features. One of the nice parts of iOS is that it takes care of everything for you. If you want to download an app you go to the appstore and download it. If you want to find a document, you open word and it's right there, whereas with windows you have to go on the internet to find the right download/the right version, you have to manage all of your files, etc... Is having all of that obscured by the OS a good thing? For some people, yes. For others, not so much. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

People feel the need to get butthurt over the fact that Apple, as a company, is far smarter and more successful than anyone else. And they feel jealous at the fact that either A) they can't afford their products, or B) have such strong tunnel vision that they're unable to look past the top layer (being pure specs) and paying attention to actual performance and/or secondary benefits -- like support.

People get all upset over Apple for charging as much as they do and then seemingly providing so little, yet people rarely consider R&D and/or support into either calculations. Now, that's not to say Apple doesn't have great margins -- there is a reason why they're the #1 most valuable company. And that's also not to say they don't benefit greatly from the average consumer not being very tech savvy -- although, that being said their products do still compete with their competition quite well -- the difference being that the average user doesn't need the power of a rMBP -- or frankly, even benefit/care about the better screen, but they end up going down that route because it's an Apple product. So, this leads to an interesting question.....is this a good thing or a bad thing? On one hand, it's debatably a bad thing since consumers are spending money on hardware they don't really need when they can get something for less. But at the same time, it also does help prevent people from buying crap. Back in freshman/sophomore year of highschool half the students had netbooks, most of which were falling apart and all of which were slow as hell. So, consumers jumping aboard the Apple bandwagon really did help steer people away from that kind of crap. 

So it's a copy because....it has a larger screen? Or because it uses a stylus? The only thing that makes it "a copy" is the fact that it has an extra connector port for a type cover -- which isn't really all that big of a deal frankly. And again, they have different features. One of the nice parts of iOS is that it takes care of everything for you. If you want to download an app you go to the appstore and download it. If you want to find a document, you open word and it's right there, whereas with windows you have to go on the internet to find the right download/the right version, you have to manage all of your files, etc... Is having all of that obscured by the OS a good thing? For some people, yes. For others, not so much. 

Look at the keyboard+"pencil".

PMSL

Look at the keyboard+"pencil".

Really....they copied a keyboard and a stylus? 

Lets just assume they are copies...who gives a shit? It's a keyboard and pencil. 

Apple had the smart cover before a type cover, so all they did was add keys and a connector onto it. There is no shortage of iPad keyboards, they just chose to have one that connects directly to the tablet rather than over bluetooth like most of the others due to the fact that it's more likely to get used -- therefore to save power it's not connecting over bluetooth. 

As for the pencil, the only thing I can see them copying is the size, there really isn't all that much to a stylus...it's a stick with a nib on the end. And smaller styluses are terribly uncomfortable to use, especially with a larger device. 

So, there are only so many alternatives that they could have used for either the keyboard or the stylus. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Really....they copied a keyboard and a stylus? 

Lets just assume they are copies...who gives a shit? It's a keyboard and pencil. 

Apple had the smart cover before a type cover, so all they did was add keys and a connector onto it. There is no shortage of iPad keyboards, they just chose to have one that connects directly to the tablet rather than over bluetooth like most of the others due to the fact that it's more likely to get used -- therefore to save power it's not connecting over bluetooth. 

As for the pencil, the only thing I can see them copying is the size, there really isn't all that much to a stylus...it's a stick with a nib on the end. And smaller styluses are terribly uncomfortable to use, especially with a larger device. 

So, there are only so many alternatives that they could have used for either the keyboard or the stylus. 

Look at the way its being presented, look at the fact that its being aimed at the same people as the Surface. Look at the way 'new' iPad is being called a 'Pro' even though there is very little to differentiate it from standard iPads (eg. superior performance).

PMSL

Look at the way its being presented, look at the fact that its being aimed at the same people as the Surface. Look at the way 'new' iPad is being called a 'Pro' even though there is very little to differentiate it from standard iPads (eg. superior performance).

So lets look at the differences between the Surface and the base model Surface Pro: 

Microsoft Surface: 

• Atom X7
  • 11" 1080p display 
  • 1 external display 
  • pen sold separatley 

Microsoft Surface PRO:

• i3 - 4020y
  • 12" 1440p 
  • multiple displays 
  • includes pen 

So what makes the Surface Pro any more PRO than the iPad Pro? 

The only real difference is that it supports multiple displays and an i3 over an A9x. And we still don't know how well the A9x will actually perform. IIRC the A8x was quite powerful and even beat the Surface Pro's i3 in Geekbench (synthetic).

Edit:

A8x: https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/search?q=a8x

i3: https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=4020y 

---------------- 

Of course the iPad Pro is aimed at a very similar target audience.....it's a 13" power-user tablet. That's just begging for an interface other than just a touch screen. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

So lets look at the differences between the Surface and the base model Surface Pro: 

Microsoft Surface: 

• Atom X7
  • 11" 1080p display 
  • 1 external display 
  • pen sold separatley 

Microsoft Surface PRO:

• i3 - 4020y
  • 12" 1440p 
  • multiple displays 
  • includes pen 

So what makes the Surface Pro any more PRO than the iPad Pro? 

The only real difference is that it supports multiple displays and an i3 over an A9x. And we still don't know how well the A9x will actually perform. IIRC the A8x was quite powerful and even beat the Surface Pro's i3 in Geekbench (synthetic).

Edit:

A8x: https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/search?q=a8x

i3: https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=4020y 

---------------- 

Of course the iPad Pro is aimed at a very similar target audience.....it's a 13" power-user tablet. That's just begging for an interface other than just a touch screen. 

Let me see. ARM vs x86. Make a list of the benefits an iPad pro has over the Surface-including I/O

Edit: The Surface Pro also goes up to an i7.

PMSL

Wtf, $100 pen?

Hahahaha

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Let me see. ARM vs x86. Make a list of the benefits an iPad pro has over the Surface-including I/O

>Abstracted file system -- i.e. the individual doesn't have to worry about it, the device/applications manage it for you. 

>Continuity -- the ability to resume work on a between iOS/OSX devices 

>A superior touch optimized OS 

>An easy to use (and large) app store -- you don't have to go search for the correct version of the correct program for your device

>Higher resolution screen (not that that really matters) 

>Possibly better stylus integration, I haven't used a Surface, but if it's just running windows, then I'm not sure how the stylus is actually integrated (or how it's integrated into the iPad Pro for that matter) 

>Other -- I'm sure I've missed some of the pros to the iPad Pro 

So to say the iPad Pro is an all around worse device is being shortsighted. There are advantages to both and both are aimed at similar, but slightly different audiences. 

Wtf, $100 pen?

Hahahaha

Vs. some Wacom styluses which are also around $100. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

>Abstracted file system -- i.e. the individual doesn't have to worry about it, the device/applications manage it for you. 

>Continuity -- the ability to resume work on a between iOS/OSX devices 

>A superior touch optimized OS 

>An easy to use (and large) app store -- you don't have to go search for the correct version of the correct program for your device

>Higher resolution screen (not that that really matters) 

>Possibly better stylus integration, I haven't used a Surface, but if it's just running windows, then I'm not sure how the stylus is actually integrated (or how it's integrated into the iPad Pro for that matter) 

>Other -- I'm sure I've missed some of the pros to the iPad Pro 

So to say the iPad Pro is an all around worse device is being shortsighted. There are advantages to both and both are aimed at similar, but slightly different audiences. 

Continuity: The Surface 3/3 Pro can run programs dating back to Windows 95

Superior touch optimised OS: Windows 8.1/10 are optimised for touchscreens and can install any program.

Higher Resolution screen: As you said that doesn't really matter, higher resolutions are better suited to larger screens.

Stylus: The stylus quite simply allows you to use it in place of your fingers-preventing dirty screens

Other: You really haven't listed that many at all, and they actually translate straight to the Surface

Also, the Surface isn't locked to the App store, it can fit a full sized USB and you can easily move any files to and from it without OSX and iTunes. Oh and its still x86.

PMSL

30$ dude.. Surface Pro 1 and 2, which both used Wacom technology was 30$, and that is the price from most manufactures using Wacom pens, at most 50$.

The 100$ pen you are looking at, are the fancy ones, with different tips for different feel and improved tracking, and works for select Wacom digitzers.