iPad Surface Pro

GoodBytes

If you don't understand why then you need help.

Well, they want to keep their parts as cheap as possible to scam as much money as possible  :o ?

I understand that.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well, they want to keep their parts as cheap as possible to scam as much money as possible  :o ?

I understand that.

If you'd pull the stick out of your ass, you'd probably find yourself to be much less butthurt about everything everyone does. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If you'd pull the stick out of your ass, you'd probably find yourself to be much less butthurt about everything everyone does. 

It's called cynicism.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Probably the constant bugs plaguing Windows 10.

I have Windows 10 on my PC and my Surface Pro 3.

Only issues I've had have been on my desktop, and it was just the video drivers crashing which have been fixed.

Also, could the title of this thread get changed? It's not an iPad Surface Pro.

Its a dig at Apple for going full retard and blatantly copying Microsoft.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Its a dig at Apple for going full retard and blatantly copying Microsoft.

They didn't blatantly copy Microsoft, and that's why the title needs to be changed. This is the tech news section, not rip on a brand and tell a little bit of news section.

They didn't blatantly copy Microsoft, and that's why the title needs to be changed. This is the tech news section, not rip on a brand and tell a little bit of news section.

In a way your right, they didn't copy the x86 CPU and backwards compatibility with all desktop programs.

Edit: And they didn't copy the price either, the Surface is cheaper in every single way.

PMSL

In a way your right, they didn't copy the x86 CPU and backwards compatibility with all desktop programs.

If your idea of copying being bad was made law America, there would be such a bad monopoly here it would make our current system look fine.

If your idea of copying being bad was made law America, there would be such a bad monopoly here it would make our current system look fine.

The point is that its Apple doing the copying, the company that shitloads of people think is innovative and causes other companies to copy them.

Quote: "Apple is really the innovative company which drives others to copy them".

@CoolaxGaming knows who said it.

PMSL

The point is that its Apple doing the copying, the company that shitloads of people think is innovative and causes other companies to copy them.

Quote: "Apple is really the innovative company which drives others to copy them".

@CoolaxGaming knows who said it.

So the entirety of your reasoning is solely based on the minority of Apple users who claim that Apple is the company doing all of the innovating?

Or am I not understanding something.

So the entirety of your reasoning is solely based on the minority of Apple users who claim that Apple is the company doing all of the innovating?

Or am I not understanding something.

Its the fact that Apple is known for innovating-and having everyone else doing the copying. And besides that the iPad Pro makes no sense at all when you can get a far better device for less.

PMSL

Its the fact that Apple is known for innovating-and having everyone else doing the copying. And besides that the iPad Pro makes no sense at all when you can get a far better device for less.

Okay.

So back to my original statement: They didn't blatantly copy Microsoft, and that's why the title needs to be changed.

Okay.

So back to my original statement: They didn't blatantly copy Microsoft, and that's why the title needs to be changed.

Again they did. The design is similar, then there is the Keyboard, and last but not least, the $100 stylus that Steve Jobs would never have actually accepted.

PMSL

Again they did. The design is similar, then there is the Keyboard, and last but not least, the $100 stylus that Steve Jobs would never have actually accepted.

The design is a blown up iPad. This also has nothing to do with the pen or Jobs.

If you've ever seen a Surface tablet up close, you'd clearly tell there's a significant design difference.

You can even see that in Linus's review if you care to watch it.

Agreed, this is needlessly confusing.

Of course, pseudo-journalists will go ahead and make comparisons. I mean, it is hard not to. Similar size, weight, focus on first-party accessories. Apple called it "iPad Pro" instead of "iPad 5" or whatever number they're on. Some comparison is justified, even if it's only Surface level.

However, they are indeed rather different devices. iPad Pro is a large, very high end tablet. But it's still just a tablet. iOS.

Surface and Surface Pro are both more like ultrabooks inside tablets. It runs a desktop OS. Huge difference. Ultimately different markets.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Well, they want to keep their parts as cheap as possible to scam as much money as possible :o ?

I understand that.

You don't get it. It's not about about specs. iPhone buyers don't care. They do. not. care.

They're paying for the experience, the aesthetic, and in some cases the brand. Apple charges the premium because people pay it. The iPhone sells and they make like 90% of all smartphone profit. They're not about to stop what they're doing if it already works perfectly for them.

Business is not a fairly tale.

You don't get it. It's not about about specs. iPhone buyers don't care. They do. not. care.

They're paying for the experience, the aesthetic, and in some cases the brand. Apple charges the premium because people pay it. The iPhone sells and they make like 90% of all smartphone profit. They're not about to stop what they're doing if it already works perfectly for them.

Business is not a fairly tale.

Guess it's easy to make money from stupid people:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IL3TZSQ

41cGG7FbEwL.jpg

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

41cGG7FbEwL.jpg

Except there is one big difference. Apple products offer something those "premium" HDMI cables don't. Just because you don't value what Apple offers doesn't mean those benefits aren't there.

Whether it be support, build quality, optimized OS rather than just throwing extra hardware at the problem, a conveniently connected eco system, quality components, and many dependent on the specific product lines.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

41cGG7FbEwL.jpg

Ripoff HDMI cables are not comparable to Apple products. Even as a fan of Microsoft and the Surface I can still say that. Apple actually has something meaningful to offer with their products and has an exclusive user experience. Now, I do think the iPad Pro in particular is a shameless copy/response to the Surface Pro 3 but most of their products are fine. If we pretend the SP3 doesn't exist then the iPad Pro looks good but when you bring the SP3 into the picture it makes the iPad Pro look atrocious by comparison.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Except there is one big difference. Apple products offer something those "premium" HDMI cables don't. Just because you don't value what Apple offers doesn't mean those benefits aren't there.

Whether it be support, build quality, optimized OS rather than just throwing extra hardware at the problem, a conveniently connected eco system, quality components, and many dependent on the specific product lines.

Support? I live in Europe, not in Murica where all support is shit thanks to bad consumer laws. Not that I ever called a support for any other things then RMA or 14 day return.

Build Quality? You mean bendable Iphones that are broken after 1 year? My S3 still hasn't had a scratch after 3 years of dropping it hunderds of times.

Optimized OS? You can install Yosemite on pretty much any device like PC,laptop, tablets, surface pro and even smartphones.

Ecosystem? You mean a locked down ecosystem like consoles? Some people really don't value this thing we call freedom?

Quality components? As far as I know Apple uses the same components as everyone else, but then only shittier like a 480P webcam or a 720P IPS screen instead of a 1440P Oled screen.

So, no thanks  ;)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Ripoff HDMI cables are not comparable to Apple products. Even as a fan of Microsoft and the Surface I can still say that. Apple actually has something meaningful to offer with their products and has an exclusive user experience. Now, I do think the iPad Pro in particular is a shameless copy/response to the Surface Pro 3 but most of their products are fine. If we pretend the SP3 doesn't exist then the iPad Pro looks good but when you bring the SP3 into the picture it makes the iPad Pro look atrocious by comparison.

Even the Surface Pro is overpriced. There are a lot of laptops or convertibles out there that still have a touchscreen.

Might aswell get a Samsung Galaxy NotePro for like half the price or a Samsung Galaxy Tab S for third the price and install Windows 10 on it.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

1. Support? I live in Europe, not in Murica where all support is shit thanks to bad consumer laws. Not that I ever called a support line for any other things then RMA or 14 day return.
  2. Build Quality? You mean bendable Iphones that are broken after 1 year? My S3 still hasn't had a scratch after 3 years of dropping it hunderds of times.
  3. Optimized OS? You can install Yosemite on pretty much any device like PC,laptop, tablets, surface pro and even smartphones.
  4. Ecosystem? You mean a locked down ecosystem like consoles? Some people really don't value this thing we call freedom?
  5. Quality components? As far as I know Apple uses the same components as everyone else, but then only shittier like a 480P webcam or a 720P IPS screen instead of a 1440P Oled screen.
  7. So, no thanks  ;)

1. Congratulations, you finally understand the concept that not everything is the same everywhere or for everybody. 

2. Last time I checked the Note 4 bent just the same. Bendgate was bullshit from day one, yes the 6s+ can be bent, but nowhere near as easily as it was made out to be. 

3. What are you complaining about here.... 

4. Yes, a locked down eco system...right. OSX isn't exactly locked down, and the only difference between iOS and Android is that Android allows more customization. 

5. You honestly have to be high to think that a higher resolution screen matters on a phone.... Almost everyone agrees resolution on phones as a meaningless spec once you reach a certain point -- and the iPhone is past that point. And every review of every iPhone has put the display up at the top in terms of performance/appearance -- second only to Samsung's AMOLED displays, which they don't sell to anybody else.  

Even the Surface Pro is overpriced. There are a lot of laptops or convertibles out there that still have a touchscreen.

Might aswell get a Samsung Galaxy NotePro for like half the price or a Samsung Galaxy Tab S for third the price and install Windows 10 on it.

Yeah, no thanks. I don't want to deal with the piece of shit also known as touchwiz, or the shit plastic build quality. 

I know this is a hard concept to understand, but NOT EVERYONE IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE FOR EVERY PRODUCT. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1. Congratulations, you finally understand the concept that not everything is the same everywhere or for everybody. 

2. Last time I checked the Note 4 bent just the same. Bendgate was bullshit from day one, yes the 6s+ can be bent, but nowhere near as easily as it was made out to be. 

3. What are you complaining about here.... 

4. Yes, a locked down eco system...right. OSX isn't exactly locked down, and the only difference between iOS and Android is that Android allows more customization. 

5. You honestly have to be high to think that a higher resolution screen matters on a phone.... Almost everyone agrees resolution on phones as a meaningless spec once you reach a certain point -- and the iPhone is past that point. And every review of every iPhone has put the display up at the top in terms of performance/appearance -- second only to Samsung's AMOLED displays, which they don't sell to anybody else.  

Yeah, no thanks. I don't want to deal with the piece of shit also known as touchwiz, or the shit plastic build quality. 

I can taste your fanboy tears lol.

Go to the store and compare a 720P IPS screen like the Iphone 6 and a 1440P Oled screen like the S6. My S3 still does fine, but getting a better screen (and a bigger one) is one of the main reasons I want to upgrade. Oh and yes it's OLED even when it's from 2012... and the S2 was OLED too...

I know this is a hard concept to understand, but NOT EVERYONE IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE FOR EVERY PRODUCT.

No shit, we already know that the target audience for Apple is dumb non-tech savy people which somehow got a lot of money.

Not everyone in this world can be smart, there has to be a balance.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU