Office 365 or Google Drive?

dreadpixel

Do you guys prefer using Office 365 or Google Drive for your office needs? I've been playing around with both and can't make up my mind one way or another so I figured I'd ask for outside opinion.

I only use Google Drive (Docs, Spreadsheets mostly) now because it just works for me and all my stuff is saved online so I can access it easily

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Office 365 is completely worth it since you will always have the latest version and on 5 devices.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Do you guys prefer using Office 365 or Google Drive for your office needs? I've been playing around with both and can't make up my mind one way or another so I figured I'd ask for outside opinion.

If you're just needing something personally to make your own resume or something Google Doc's is fine.  But if you will be calibrating with anyone, just get office.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I prefer google drive, but for school I use Office 365. I used LibrOffice before I got Office365.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I've used Google Drive.

It's pretty neat.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I use office.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

Office 365 ProPlus because MSDN. Only ever use it for Outlook though. Also I suggest chagng the names to Microsoft Office and Google Docs, as not everybody has a 365 subscription. Some have retail 2013, some have an older version, some just pirate it.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Office 365 ProPlus because MSDN. Only ever use it for Outlook though. Also I suggest chagng the names to Microsoft Office and Google Docs, as not everybody has a 365 subscription. Some have retail 2013, some have an older version, some just pirate it.

I've used just Office 2013 too, I wasn't really curious about that. More so the functionality of 365 vs. Google.

Thanks guys, looks like it's pretty much a toss up, as I expected. I really like the idea of always having the latest office version on all my machines and mobile, but the power of Google services for free is also very persuasive. Having the dedicated desktop applications with Office is also a lot nicer than having to use Chrome offline with Docs as well.

I think I'll probably pony up and go with Office 365.