Deus Ex: Mankind Divided preorder nonsense, trailer fail

Sakkura

Think I am going to just go the step of not even buying it.  Maybe if it is on sale for cheap in a few summer sales from now.

Especially since now, not only do pirates get a better experience than paying customers, they even get a better experience than people who preorder. They don't have to choose between mutually exclusive "bonuses", they can get the whole thing.

*posts pic of a publisher physically shitting on the head of a developer while counting big fat stacks of cash*

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

Don't. Preorder. Video. Games.

1410385999043246989.jpg

i'm gonna say this again. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/376554-pre-orderexclusives-this-practise-needs-to-die/

Now that digital sales are taking over the physical media, stores are hanging on their nail to draw people to their stores to buy it, in the process saturating the market with horse armour and nonsense, EA does it ubisoft does it, but i don't see anyone complaining about rockstead when they do the same thing, and please don't back to me with the argument that its ok because they deliver a good product, that does not negate the pre order exclusive practises. this post is not about rocksteady , but the fact it's happening with all the companies, people need to stop preordering games, when was the last time your game ran out of stock? 

btz1VKI.jpg

This is the list of stuff you get with Batman: Arkham Knight if you buy the $99.99 edition from GameStop.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-29_at_12.18.08_PM.0.

There is no reward here, no knowledge that you're getting something special as an enticement to buy early. You're buying on day one knowing that content you could be playing has been gated off in an attempt to make some retailer happy. There is, as far I can tell, no complete edition of a game anymore at launch, the question is more about what you're willing to give up instead of what you're willing to get.

There are plenty of other games to choose from that don't require me to sit down with a spreadsheet.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I don't understand people who spend 1/3 of their GPU on a CE edition? Why don't just get it for 10$ a few months after...

Some people find value in the extra stuff it comes with. Like a figure, which is something tangible you can physically touch.

When I bought HR, I got the digital deluxe edition I think? It included Tong's mission and all the bonus DLC, including The Missing Link. I then bought the Director's Cut when it came out (Especially since they gave a huge discount for those who already owned HR).

On a side note, I loved that they integrated The Missing Link into the actual game. Feels much more seamless then it did before.

I got the augmented physical version on pre order, so tong was a pre order mission (not that great tbh) and no missing link (had not been released yet). Now I have a 100% achievements in DE:HR, ML and DE:HR DC. I usually don't want to replay games, but it was just so good :D

I get people are annoyed, but honestly i doubt it will have any real impact in your game experience. People seem to forget it's a business, and acquiring pre orders are important, as these games cannot exist if everyone only pays 10$ for it.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

This is getting ridiculous.  Either gaming needs a whole cultural shift or start seeing necessary levels to finish the game be part of this whole "preorder culture" in the future.

I swear, gaming industry needs another crash just to teach everyone a lesson (including us gamers) for being idiots: devs / pubs for being greedy, us gamers for not being smart enough on when to vote with our wallets.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Well I know what Linus says and that is don't preorder games or anything probably for that matter.  It is a rare occasion I will do this but I only do it less than once a year and I do it for games where I know everyone is getting the same as me basically whether they preorder or not. I am not willing to pay huge money for various editions. Please people just stop preordering the sort of crap you know is wrong and you will send a real message.

Though I support no preodering, the one time I tried it, the game turned out fine.

Battlefield Hardline, yes I know a lot of you hate it, but as the owner of bfbc 2 bf3 bf4 titanfall crysis,I am a bit hard to please.

But the game is good for me. Pre ordering shouldn't be a regular practice though.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Only total biscuit can say pre-order more times in one video, and even then he spaces it out over more than a minute or two.

One thing is for certain: if you preorder this game, tears will definitely be unlocked.  ;)

ZFDEflQ.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Square Enix has failed us.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

NBA 2k is the only game I feel comfortable preordering every year. It's always very high quality, gives me nearly a thousand hours of game time a year and they're doing the preorder right where if you preorder it they let you play it four days early to test the servers and and take feedback before the day one patch. No locked content. Nothing locked behind the preorder paywall aside from some in game currency you can earn in game anyway. You get all the content no matter when and where you get the game.

And Fallout 4 are the two and only games I've preordered this year because fuck it I wanted the pip boy. 

damn wouldn't be awesome even with all this going they still hit all tiers :D , it would be the ultimate troll

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

If you are not happy vote with your wallet.

Otherwise,

If you want to pre-order this is how you do it:

mWcrTu.png

Errr how does that help? Steam's Refund Policy does not apply to games purchased outside of Steam.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

damn wouldn't be awesome even with all this going they still hit all tiers :D , it would be the ultimate troll

They probably will hit all tiers, because most gamers don't read games news, and don't give a shit about "games ethics" and all this stuff. They're just regular people who happen to play games.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Human revolution was a decent game but this trailer all I can see is tablets iphones and 20fps gameplay and this rubbish gimmick about releasing a game 4 days earlier. Showing all signs of yet another horrible console port with DLC $$$$$$$$$$

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Human revolution was a decent game but this trailer all I can see is tablets iphones and 20fps gameplay and this rubbish gimmick about releasing a game 4 days earlier. Showing all signs of yet another horrible console port with DLC $$$$$$$$$$

No such thing as a horrible console port anymore, with exception of controls. New consoles are x86 and GCN based, so they will work fine with PC. DE:MD is even a DX 12 title.

There really is very little difference between this release and Human Revolution's release.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

No such thing as a horrible console port anymore, with exception of controls. New consoles are x86 and GCN based, so they will work fine with PC. DE:MD is even a DX 12 title.

There really is very little difference between this release and Human Revolution's release.

Well... Batman: Arkham Knight might be the exception to that rule - that game was horrible on PC on launch.

But with a studio like Eidos, they're a proven team that has done good PC Ports in the past.

Well... Batman: Arkham Knight might be the exception to that rule - that game was horrible on PC on launch.

But with a studio like Eidos, they're a proven team that has done good PC Ports in the past.

Aren't all Gameworks titles horrible broken crap at launch? You are right, but that was more the case of WB being a bunch of retards, giving a tiny team like 2 months to port the game. No one could do that, especially not while having to use GameWrecks.. uhm works too.

Aren't all Gameworks titles horrible broken crap at launch? You are right, but that was more the case of WB being a bunch of retards, giving a tiny team like 2 months to port the game. No one could do that, especially not while having to use GameWrecks.. uhm works too.

True, AK was a failure on multiple levels, which is why I see it as the exception, not the rule.

Many Gamesworks titles are in rough shape upon release, especially if you are an AMD user, since many times AMD only gets to do driver optimizations after the game comes out.

Despite this awful Pre-Order bullshit, I still have complete faith that Eidos will port the game exceptionally well. HR had a pretty good PC release, without too many issues.

True, AK was a failure on multiple levels, which is why I see it as the exception, not the rule.

Many Gamesworks titles are in rough shape upon release, especially if you are an AMD user, since many times AMD only gets to do driver optimizations after the game comes out.

Despite this awful Pre-Order bullshit, I still have complete faith that Eidos will port the game exceptionally well. HR had a pretty good PC release, without too many issues.

Indeed. But it's actually also broken on nvidia stuff. Remember the faceless character in AC: Unity? Only on nvidia. Flicker crap, was also nvidia exclusive. I even believe nvidia users were hit the hardest on Arkham Knight too.

Yeah Eidos really does a great job. Tomb Raider was a fantastic port, and that was even made for the old consoles. Can't wait to see DE:MD with TressFX running DX12. It's gonna be a long 6 months. I want it right NOW! Hardcore non lethal foxiest stealth play through here I come.

man this makes me sad being canadian (where this is being created and voiced) the devs are super talented and adam jensons voice actor is a bro, then the publisher turns around and drags these poor guys names through the mud. Shame on you Square, rotten to the core.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit