Deus Ex: Mankind Divided preorder nonsense, trailer fail

Sakkura

Well. I'm severely disappointed by this. Deus Ex is one of my all time favourite franchises. HR was fucking awesome - a truly worthy successor to the glory that was the original Deus Ex (Especially after the not-so-good Invisible War).

I don't want to have to spend $150 fucking dollars just to play all the DLC and missions. I couldn't give a shit about all the extra "cosmetic" or bonus content - but the stuff that directly affects gameplay? Hell no.

I wasn't going to pre-order it - but I might had bought it day-one after watching reviews. Now? Nope. I'll wait until a sale where I can get all the bonus mission/DLC crap without spending $150.

I'll wait for the "augmented ultimate director's cut edition" to be 20 bucks :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'll wait for the "augmented ultimate director's cut edition" to be 20 bucks :P

These days when a game says "releasing on this day" just add 1 year to that if you dont want to be ripped off.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Completely scummy, this is essentially crowdfunding but for an already completed game, and basically says "Pre-order this game for this piece of DLC we cut out of the main game".

I don't really know what to think about this. I love the Deus Ex franchise and 1 of the only 2 games I have ever pre-ordered in my life is Deus Ex Human Revolution. I wasn't planning on pre-ordering this new Deus Ex anyway. I will give a thumbs up to Eidos for trying something new (Kickstarter style), but this isn't my style.

In fact, I'll go for a rant for a few lines. This isn't really off-topic because Deus Ex Human Revolution is part of this rant. I hate pre-order bonuses that impact the gameplay. I don't think it is fair to ask the player to pay in advance to have a more "complete" experience. And if the player doesn't pre-order, no worries you'll be able to buy the extra in a DLC later on. For Deus Ex Human Revolution, I had to pre-order to EBGames in Canada. EBGames was giving an extra mission/level with Tong's family featured. For the people who ordered at Best Buy or Future Shop (R.I.P.), they had the super mega power missile launcher but no extra mission. The problem with that is that they were paying exactly the same price as my pre-order and their gaming experience would be different because it is missing a level in their game. A level that was finished, included in the game but locked because they didn't have the correct code to unlock it even though they paid for the full game. More games are doing this today and it makes me wanna puke everytime I see this.

Ok there is a chance one of the four games might be crap? This is still cheaper.

Well considering that none of those games are out yet, that's an impossible question to answer.

Deus Ex will probably be fine. Fallout 4 will probably be very fun, but may or may not be super buggy on release.

Need for Speed is hit or miss, whether they are good PC ports (One of the latest ones was locked at 30 fps, and then the FPS was integrally tied to the game engine - TotalBiscuit did a WTF is... on it, and when he unlocked the FPS, the game physics broke).

I've never played Mirrors Edge, so I cannot comment on whether it will suck.

These will probably be fine - or they could be broken buggy messes. Good luck.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

And I thought EA was bad...

Damn.

What about Crappysoft?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

• 4 weeks later...

@Sakkura

Update 

Square Enix Cancels Horrible Deus Ex Pre-Order Program

1454835577831708842.png

In an announcement this morning, Square Enix cited increased buyer frustration as the reason for shutting down the program. The Augment Your Pre-Order campaign would have unlocked more tiers of bonuses as the number of pre-orders ticked upward and would have lets buyers pick and choose from those bonuses. Now, everyone who pre-orders will be getting that same stuff. Square Enix also says that Mankind Divided will out on the same date (2/23/16) everywhere. Remember: don’t pre-order games.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker