Pre order/exclusives - This practise needs to die.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Now that digital sales are taking over the physical media, stores are hanging on their nail to draw people to their stores to buy it, in the process saturating the market with horse armour and nonsense, EA does it ubisoft does it, but i don't see anyone complaining about rockstead when they do the same thing, and please don't back to me with the argument that its ok because they deliver a good product, that does not negate the pre order exclusive practises. this post is not about rocksteady , but the fact it's happening with all the companies, people need to stop preordering games, when was the last time your game ran out of stock? 

btz1VKI.jpg

This is the list of stuff you get with Batman: Arkham Knight if you buy the $99.99 edition from GameStop.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-29_at_12.18.08_PM.0.

There is no reward here, no knowledge that you're getting something special as an enticement to buy early. You're buying on day one knowing that content you could be playing has been gated off in an attempt to make some retailer happy. There is, as far I can tell, no complete edition of a game anymore at launch, the question is more about what you're willing to give up instead of what you're willing to get.

There are plenty of other games to choose from that don't require me to sit down with a spreadsheet.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I'll buy the Arkham Knight Definitive Edition for PC on sale on Steam in a year and some change, and get all of this. No big deal. 

And this ladies and gentlemen is a perfect example of why games like this deserve get pirated! Because of bullshit like this. Because of bullshit like Unity and many other examples.

Disclaimer: I'm not supporting piracy, but I won't feel sorry for them if it gets pirated a million times over. :D

I only ever pre-order Nintendo stuff because it is pretty much guaranteed to be good lol.

As long as we pre-order, this crap will exist. Simple as that. The sooner it dies the better, but as long as idiots pre-order, it won't go away.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

It sells games I guess, so they keep doing it. I'd like to be able to say that I never pre-ordered games, but I gave in over GTA V, though that was for the pre-release download than the bonus cash, and being out on other platforms I had a reasonable idea what I was getting.

I do think pushing the preorders too hard makes it look like the developer has no faith in the product, it's like 'we better shift as many copies as we can, before people find out what a heap of shit it is'. Rocksteady seen very keen in the example above for you to order the game before any reviews come out.

I never pre-ordered and never will, BUT i can understand pre-order on limited edition stuff 

Let's agree to disagree

• 4 weeks later...

I've bookmarked this topic, and I might be sharing it on FB.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I really couldn't care less about stupid DLC like that being exclusive. Once you complete the game do your really give a fuck about it any more? It's not like you're missing out on something important. I don't like pre-ordering, but I don't think stuff like this makes it any worse.

While this is pretty damn bad - I had no idea there were that many versions of Batman - it isn't as bad as E3, that was a exclusive/pre-order nightmare. Sadly a bunch of games I thought were looked interesting are exclusive so I won't be playing them anytime ever.

And holy balls Sony, do you want some games with your exclusives?