What do you think about Windows 10?

Heard that the product key is locked to one computer and can't be changed no matter what... dunno if this is true... I haven't upgraded yet

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Heard that the product key is locked to one computer and can't be changed no matter what... dunno if this is true... I haven't upgraded yet

i somehow have a legit version even though my windows 8.1 pro was activated by kms hehehe.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Good, but not for me (yet).

I have 2 computers that have both 4 monitors, and neither of them work on W10, on W7 both work just fine so for me, W7 is the way to go, for now, and maybe for as long as i have both rigs.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Well I'm not gonna upgrade yet, so I don't know

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i somehow have a legit version even though my windows 8.1 pro was activated by kms hehehe.

kms?

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  

kms?

it activates windows for you, dont ask me how i dont have a clue xD.

i shouldnt really have posted this so shhh.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

it activates windows for you, dont ask me how i dont have a clue xD.

i shouldnt really have posted this so shhh.

sketchy af

My rig: 

sketchy af

still gets you free windows, i saved myself £80

I started with the preview but now that there are actual drivers and stuff for it it runs GREAT for me.

Windows 10 is great. Many issues haves been fixed from Microsoft, and manufactures started to release more polished drivers which also fixed a lot of issues.

A standard setup computer should not have issues. right now, I think. Laptops might still face with reduce battery life due to lack of optimized enough drivers. For work computer where you need max stability, 0 issue, I would personally recommend to wait.

Windows 10 still has bugs, but nothing related to reliability.

Just stuff like: If you open the start menu with the win key, type: calc, and hit Enter, it doesn't run it. You need to your mouse to select it. Sometimes, however it works. The issue only affect Universal apps. If you search desktop apps, it always works with the keyboard. Also, if you type the full name of the universal app, like "calculator" instead of "calc", then Enter key works to run it.

Stuff like that. No idea if it is better with the Insider preview. But beside those kind of strange bugs, the OS seams reliable, solid, and you can play games fine. So maybe in a month, or so, it would be in a really good state.

Great except this is what everyone seems to be complaining about....

32tQQZk.gif

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Hehe we get this thread every day. :D  :P  Windows 10 has been a good experience for me so far, with Winaero Tweaker even more for me.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Great except this is what everyone seems to be complaining about....

Only those who can't read fully the privacy policy, written in plain English. Or those who think they are lawyers and because it is written in plain English, and not the usual legal jargon that no one understands, they start assuming everything, and starts putting their thin foil hat.... while using Chrome, Google services on their PC and Android phone, Facebook, Siri if they have Apple iPhone, and so on.

Only those who can't read fully the privacy policy, written in plain English. Or those who think they are lawyers and because it is written in plain English, and not the usual legal jargon that no one understands, they start assuming everything, and starts putting their thin foil hat.... while using Chrome, Google services on their PC and Android phone, Facebook, Siri if they have Apple iPhone, and so on.

Exactly! 

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I like the Windows 10 so far.

Haven't experienced any problem.

It's the best Windows ! :) imo

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I like the Windows 10 so far.

Haven't experienced any problem.

It's the best Windows ! :) imo

Me too!

I have not had any issues with windows 10 yet, and I really like it better than 8.1 pro.

AMD FX 6300 Black Edition, ASRock 990FX Killer, 16GBs Memory @2133, 2 MSI R9 270x's in Crossfire, NZXT Kraken X41 Cooler, Samsung 850 pro SSD, 1 TB HDD, EVGA Supernova NEX 650 G, and with 4 other fans.

I wish I could do more customization on the start menu and change the colors of the windows (White is a bit too bright for my tastes).

I replaced the Recycle bin icon with the ones from Windows 7 / Renamed "This PC" to "My Computer"

So far bug free and running fine. I did the upgrade with quite a lot of programs, but will do a clean install probably next weekend. I just needed to upgrade to get the PC activated with a Windows 10 key first.

I have noticed that Windows 10 doesn't have any of my Adobe CS6 Master Collection programs, Quicken, and some other programs listed under the start menu. I had to manually go to the program files and pin the programs to the start menu.

I do love that Windows Media Player (Yeah, them apps can die) can handle FLAC files natively now.

Edge needs to have extensions and more customization options to be competitive with the other browsers. It is fast though.

Overall, PC performance has improved greatly. But it should increase even more as I clean install Windows 10 next weekend.

Windows 10 is great. Many issues haves been fixed from Microsoft, and manufactures started to release more polished drivers which also fixed a lot of issues.

A standard setup computer should not have issues. right now, I think. Laptops might still face with reduce battery life due to lack of optimized enough drivers. For work computer where you need max stability, 0 issue, I would personally recommend to wait.

Windows 10 still has bugs, but nothing related to reliability.

Just stuff like: If you open the start menu with the win key, type: calc, and hit Enter, it doesn't run it. You need to your mouse to select it. Sometimes, however it works. The issue only affect Universal apps. If you search desktop apps, it always works with the keyboard. Also, if you type the full name of the universal app, like "calculator" instead of "calc", then Enter key works to run it.

Stuff like that. No idea if it is better with the Insider preview. But beside those kind of strange bugs, the OS seams reliable, solid, and you can play games fine. So maybe in a month, or so, it would be in a really good state.

I'll be buying a PC in this week (?) which has Windows8. I can upgrade for free right?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I'll be buying a PC in this week (?) which has Windows8. I can upgrade for free right?

Correct. You have until July 29th 2016.

Personally, I would buy Windows 10 directly and live with the issues, just to have a nice disk, and not have to worry about re-installs after the upgrade offer ends, when hardware specs have been significantly changed, and stuff.

Did an upgrade and my first thought was "it's a buggy, rapey piece of shit designed by an idiot".

After a clean install most of the bugs went away, but it's day to day performance is so much worse than 8.1, but not in a quantifiable way - there's a stutter here and a lock up every now and then, plus a few annoying incompatibilities with DisplayFusion (which causes random apps to open whenever you log in from sleep).

Else it's not much different from 8.1 - I've modified the start menu to be like the start screen. And the search function is now useless, which sucks. But it's been running stably for a few weeks now.