What parts have you purchased but regretted buying later?

NoMooreMercy

It's not the best quality.

Huh? In what way? I've used HDD's from Seagate, WD, HGST and Hitachi and only 2 WD's failed. I think it depends on what environment they are in.

HP Pavilion laptop with 'new' Windows 8 - after a year in use its ready for killing. Its crap, and i'm going to video its destruction and demonstrate how much misery this thing had caused me. Would you like me to post the video? It'll be a creative, multi-stage mutilation......

1) A shitty L45 toshiba satellite I bought which was outrageously over priced from the retailer and had horrible battery life, performance and even crappy and hideous build quality.

2) A pair of skull candy Hesh 2 which didn't deliver good audio as I expected, but at least they were comfortable and way better than the bassy monster pair I was about to

buy.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

My PC, cause now I got a decent i5 4460 but....

4GB of ram

Nvdia GT 730 2GB of DDR3 ram

500GB HDD

Cheap PSU about 500W

Why not get 750Ti's while their cheap, should be a easy upgrade eh?

Pascal laptops guide

Why not get 750Ti's while their cheap, should be a easy upgrade eh?

I didn't build this myself, I went to the shop and the workers build it for me

I planned to completely sell my computer and then rebuild a new one

Shit man, you mean Hitler?

congratulations on being the only person who found my joke funny...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I didn't build this myself, I went to the shop and the workers build it for me

I planned to completely sell my computer and then rebuild a new one

So you have a new build now, must have been a pain living with a 730 (says the guy who games in a ultrabook).

Pascal laptops guide

congratulations on being the only person who found my joke funny...

Hooray!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I regret buying my GTX 970. It can't even OC 10mhz.... It sound like a dieing cat due to the coil whine, and it occasionally crashes (especially while Playing War Thunder Ground Forces), forcing me to restart my computer in the middle of matches.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

My Corsair 760T case- I only used it for a month before I switched to the Air 540. There we're so much room on that thing I hated looking at it. Now it sits in the basement inside the box it came with.

And now, I'm somewhat regretting getting my NH-D15 when they then released the NH-DH15s and might be picking up a Corsair H110i GTX if someone will buy my cpu cooler.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

My whole pc, it's great and I love it but went a bit overkill. (not that much though)

on a more serious note, my case: Cooler master Silencio 452: it's pretty, looks awesome, I love all its features but:

- cable management is a bitch, there's literally no space behind the motherboard

- airflow isn't great

- it has just 3 fan mounts

- anti-dust grills are useless

My Zalman Z11 Plus.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Huh? In what way? I've used HDD's from Seagate, WD, HGST and Hitachi and only 2 WD's failed. I think it depends on what environment they are in.

I suppose so. It hasn't given me any issues. I have seen many reports on Seagates having issues, but possibly those people have no idea what they are doing.

I kinda regret getting my whole PC,

Its been plagued with problems since I made it and now its not working at all :(

If not the whole PC I would pick my GPU as one week after I got it the price dropped and it would have been better to get an R9 290..

I also regret getting my Plextor M6 Pro as a week after I got it the new Samsung drives came out. Not to mention the Plextor wasnt really cheap..

I bought the Asus mx279 monitor (1080p ips) a few years ago and I got a decent price on it, but 2 days after I got it, the monitor I really wanted (Asus pb278q) went on sale.

Those NZXT light strips. What was I thinking? They are the worst component I ever bought, granted they were also the cheapest of the cheap, but Dam, they suck ass .

OCZ Trion 100 for my laptop... don't ask why...

the refurb wd green 1tb.... (it vibrates so much that i can see the sotswap bay flexing)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Cooler Master: Thunder 700W PSU.... really loud.... even idle.
I had a crappy chink ChiefTec 500W PSU before... but I could keep the computer on and tolerate to sleep....

Not anymore...

I don't really regret it... but I could have spent the extra 30$ for an aftermarket cooler R9 290.... I'm not keen to get dem waterblock either....
Although I got the reference card to overclock a little bit 1100/1350 with a custom fan curve and keep it at 90 C'
Sidenote: I used to need a room heater during winter (it get's down -40C)....

Not anymore.... :P

Nzxt phantom 410

Corsair k70

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."