Microsoft in secret Windows 10 patch redo

jos

heres what i want , tell me about the updates but let me manually download and reboot i never turn my rig off  if the power isnt out or im changing hardware or doing an update for windows it stays on 24/7

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

This is the one thing that bothers me(not incredibly but it does)... I can reschedule the reboot of updates far ahead but that isn't enough... Microsoft needs to change this.

We need options of windows 7 back.. we need full control.. what happens if system does not boot after shutdown..

We need nothing from Windows 7, in Windows 8.1 we had this option as well. Windows 8.1 with a third party start menu and you'd forget about good old Windows 7(it was good not saying W7 is bad). 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Well I did post a feedback at the user voice channel. People didn't vote for it.

Called it it would be a problem.

The feedback system seemed very poorly implemented. I suspect there were a lot of bots who were upvoting stuff, which would explain how things like Kurdish calendar has almost 40K votes, Kurdish language support has 22K Microsoft store in Iran has 60K and Persian language support has 46K. I know a lot of people could use things, but it just seems weird that those things got so huge support while other suggestions like control over updates were buried and very hard to find.

It was very easy to cheat as well. it didn't even check if the email you "signed in" with was valid. You could just open the same page in incognito over and over and type in gibberish, and get unlimited votes.

But even when the developers acknowledged a feature suggestion they often didn't implement what people actually asked for. Like the suggestion to add transparency to the start menu and title bar. Microsoft added transparency to the start menu, said it was done and closed the suggestion, completely ignoring the part about title bar.

I also think that feature suggestion was a case of people not actually knowing what was best for them. A lot of users were just voting for stupid stuff like "add a gaming mode that makes games run better!", "Don't replace Internet Explorer" and so on, and ignore far more important things.

Sorry for the off-topic rambling.

It's easy- just install Win 7 and stop weeping... 

They give an option for the first month to go back to your previous OS.

Pop in a repair disc and go back.

I'm just sitting here with my windows 7 and enjoying the show. *grabs popcorn*

you guys are like the xp squad.....get over it 7 is dead move on.....

Hey, remember when people were defending Microsoft, claiming that patches wouldn't cause issues because they would be tested by insiders first? What a load of horse shit that was, wasn't it?

I hope they change it soon. Personally I am getting really sick and tired of my PC rebooting all the time and would really like to have the ability to reboot whenever I want back.

the issue is insiders aint getting updates before none insiders we seam to get the at the same time....i mean whats the point in insiders if you aint going to use them?

i havent updated to KB3081438....it kept failing...windows 10 isnt bad its average they need to sort out the privacy crap and drop auto updates but they will.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

you guys are like the xp squad.....get over it 7 is dead move on.....

r u dum, i am supporting Windows 10.

I was simply helping OP understand that there is an option to go back even though he stated "we need a way to go back to Windows 7"

I havnt actually noticed any updates yet....

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

..get over it 7 is dead move on.....

7 is dead you say... You wish- I can bet $50 that until end of 2016 (16+ months from now) Windows 7 still will be the most used OS... And this in situation of 1 year free upgrade to Win 10... 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

7 is dead you say... You wish- I can bet $50 that until end of 2016 (16+ months from now) Windows 7 still will be the most used OS... And this in situation of 1 year free upgrade to Win 10... 

ha ......no

and standard support has been dropped.....its dead...or at least dying

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

ha ......no

Why "No"- are you scared of loosing? What are you- chicken? 

... You should demand DX12 support on windows 7 instead.....

Do you understand that if this happens today (or any other day) Windows 10 dies in 2 months? 

I havnt actually noticed any updates yet....

It does it secretly haha To be honest at least in my case, there was one time that I had to manually check for updates for it to actually update... 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

People say Windows 7 is dying but most programs so far that are out are for Win 7.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

People say Windows 7 is dying but most programs so far that are out are for Win 7.

90% of programs that work on 7 work on 10

It does it secretly haha To be honest at least in my case, there was one time that I had to manually check for updates for it to actually update... 

yeah I didnt say it hadnt ;P just that I hadnt noticed, no weird restarts or anything

Support WILL be ending 

post-17790-0-74212200-1439827486.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why "No"- are you scared of loosing? What are you- chicken? 

no i ment no as in no by the end of 2016 windows 10 will not be the main os  still

Win 8.1 is cancer too D: .

in the light of the spying, bugged updates, forced bloatware/shit on W10...

its like choosing between leukemia (W10) and lung cancer (w8.1).... the latter is easier to cure/survive in most cases...

in the light of the spying, bugged updates, forced bloatware/shit on W10...

its like choosing between leukemia (W10) and lung cancer (w8.1).... the latter is easier to cure/survive in most cases...

wtf_is_this_shit2_RE_73_Million_Sharks_K

Both are equally problematic and equally treatable and controllable. 

Stop using bullshit analogies to look smart. Please, just don't. Don't equivocate cancer to a goddamn OS. 

The only issue i had was it would install the geforce driver but then still tell me it failed. Had to manually delete the update cache for it to realize it was installed

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

They still did't fix silent crash issue with fast boot which is caused by simply unplugging random device from computer next boot up.

Best way to avoid it is to restart once in a while and make sure you do never powerup system with a usb stick or other removable hardware.

So, I have to unplug my keyboard (x2 plugs), mouse, microphone, webcam, 360 controller, external drive, and two thumb drives, each time Windows wants to restart to install updates. Can I (it) not?

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

I've only had the memory error after the update. which is strange because it was fixed. this might of broken it :/

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

So I was playing csgo last night and kept getting crazy ping spikes when playing. This never happens to me at all. I just installed windows 10 FYI, and after a match was over my computer locked up. I restarted the pc and when powered back on it was installing an update. Is this some windows 10 BS?

Am I the only one that's had Windows 10 Pro, upgraded from 8.1 for three weeks and had zero problems?

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

So I was playing csgo last night and kept getting crazy ping spikes when playing. This never happens to me at all. I just installed windows 10 FYI, and after a match was over my computer locked up. I restarted the pc and when powered back on it was installing an update. Is this some windows 10 BS?

No matter the OS (XP and up) that won't/hasn't change.

But what you can do if you have Windows 10 Pro, is that you can enable "Differ Updates", which will delay the update you receive up to 'several months'.

The idea I am proposing is that you use this feature to manually do updates. So that you do them say, once a week, when you are free

I'm just sitting here with my windows 7 and enjoying the show. *grabs popcorn*

mind if i join along with my win7, OSX and linux?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Do you understand that if this happens today (or any other day) Windows 10 dies in 2 months? 

Almost like there's no real advantage or features to the upgrades isn't it? If they need artificial shit this is no different than the consoles: they're not really good for customers but Microsoft and Sony paid enough money to keep their exclusive to force them down people's throats, just like this upgrade.

-------

Current Rig

-------