Tesla's one step closer to a charger that plugs in automatically.

rePost but whatever

That charger looks like a big dildo no lie.

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Oh because it's sooooo hard to plug a cable in.

mate, its for when cars are self driving. your car dropped you off at the front of the store, and then drove off to a charging station. or literally any other situation where a car drives itself. 

You would think people would tend to their brand new Teslas more carefully and charge it when ever they got back home ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

mate, its for when cars are self driving. your car dropped you off at the front of the store, and then drove off to a charging station. or literally any other situation where a car drives itself. 

You are with the car even if it's driving you around, plus if it's self driving it can park in the same position every single time and just have the rod pop in to it.

You would think people would tend to their brand new Teslas more carefully and charge it when ever they got back home ... 

You would think people (insert common sense thing people don't do)..

You are with the car even if it's driving you around, plus if it's self driving it can park in the same position every single time and just have the rod pop in to it.

You would think people (insert common sense thing people don't do)..

Mate, well if its a rod that just pops in, then it wouldnt work with other models, and it would be have to be parked exactly right. which, even with automation can be difficult. Im assuming they want their chargers to work with all models.

and this is not for when people are with the car. the whole point is the car can drive somewhere itself, and charge. how badass would it be for your car to drive down a block or street to the charging station, then when your done doing whatever it comes back to pick you up with more of a charge on it? or never have to park in a parking lot, because it just drops you off at the front door? both those situations you need a charging system that does it all by itself. 

Mate, well if its a rod that just pops in, then it wouldnt work with other models, and it would be have to be parked exactly right. which, even with automation can be difficult. Im assuming they want their chargers to work with all models.

and this is not for when people are with the car. the whole point is the car can drive somewhere itself, and charge. how badass would it be for your car to drive down a block or street to the charging station, then when your done doing whatever it comes back to pick you up with more of a charge on it? or never have to park in a parking lot, because it just drops you off at the front door? both those situations you need a charging system that does it all by itself. 

You're forgetting my original point for complaining about this, but k.

You're forgetting my original point for complaining about this, but k.

that? thats literally the only thing I been addressing. its difficult as hell to plug a cable in when your a block away 

That thing looks so questionable, and the fact that it moves so slowly doesn't help.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

that? thats literally the only thing I been addressing. its difficult as hell to plug a cable in when your a block away 

You're not having a car drive off to a charging station anytime soon. Its only use right now is the lazy person that doesn't want to plug a cable in themselves.

You're not having a car drive off to a charging station anytime soon. Its only use right now is the lazy person that doesn't want to plug a cable in themselves.

BMWs i8 and I3 can. so tesla within the next year. Tesla has been working on this for a long time. 

it would be dumb as hell if they waited until cars could park themselves THEN develop this. be willing to bet money this will be released within months of cars being able to park themselves driverless. 

its not out yet. guess what? a prototype product is to solve a issue that isn't present yet, but will be soon. MINDBLOWING AMIRITE? 

BMWs i8 and I3 can. so tesla within the next year. Tesla has been working on this for a long time. 

it would be dumb as hell if they waited until cars could park themselves THEN develop this. be willing to bet money this will be released within months of cars being able to park themselves driverless. 

its not out yet. guess what? a prototype product is to solve a issue that isn't present yet, but will be soon. MINDBLOWING AMIRITE? 

Arguing redundancies is pointless. You're still going to be waiting on the legality of a vehicle driving itself alone, so your point of it driving off to go charge is moot.

Arguing redundancies is pointless. You're still going to be waiting on the legality of a vehicle driving itself alone, so your point of it driving off to go charge is moot.

arguing against what Elon Musk said was the literal point of it is ignorant. also, assuming a device thats not released yet serves almost no point seems moot. 

product is not released yet, and you're arguing is the only use TODAY is for people that are lazy. im saying a product that will be released in the future will work with things that will happen in the future. 

arguing against what Elon Musk said was the literal point of it is ignorant. also, assuming a device thats not released yet serves almost no point seems moot. 

product is not released yet, and you're arguing is the only use TODAY is for people that are lazy. im saying a product that will be released in the future will work with things that will happen in the future. 

That's because right now it's all people would use it for.

So hard to follow that train of thought.

That's because right now it's all people would use it for.

So hard to follow that train of thought.

well its not out right now. 

is it impossible to comprehend how future technologies may work with other future technologies? 

well its not out right now. 

is it impossible to comprehend how future technologies may work with other future technologies? 

I know how it can be used, it won't be used in the manner that you stated anytime soon however. Do you feel like repeatedly ignoring what I say or can you only do that?

You know what, enjoy your bubble.

I know how it can be used, it won't be used in the manner that you stated anytime soon however. Do you feel like repeatedly ignoring what I say or can you only do that?

and it won't be released anytime soon. this is not being released tomorrow, or the day after. 

respectively disagree mate, have fun in your non-self plugging bubble. 

Just know that he was definitely right in that argument... I'm surprised that someone on a tech form wouldn't understand building tech for the future.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Great news, now that Tesla also plans on bringing the Supercharger stations in Romania D:

We should have 3 of them by the end of next year.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yeah, like you've never forgotten simple tasks, like charging your phone. The problem is this simple task can make you hours late for work if you forget it. Besides, can you imagine if we just didn't bother advancing technology because someone said "Oh because it's sooooo hard to <insert simple task>" every time someone else came up with an innovation? We'd never had come up with even agriculture:

Caveman 1: "look, you can plant these things and it automatically grows into food in like 6 months."

Caveman 2: "Oh because it's sooooo hard to pick some berries."

Caveman 1: "you're right, it's useless."

Caveman 1 never became Farmer 1 and humanity died off a thousand years later because our species offers no remarkable traits to cope with the world around us except for our ability invent tools that interact with it.

Just know that he was definitely right in that argument... I'm surprised that someone on a tech form wouldn't understand building tech for the future.

You obviously didn't even read my posts. But when you disagree with someone why bother understanding what their point is?

Yeah, like you've never forgotten simple tasks, like charging your phone. The problem is this simple task can make you hours late for work if you forget it. Besides, can you imagine if we just didn't bother advancing technology because someone said "Oh because it's sooooo hard to <insert simple task>" every time someone else came up with an innovation? We'd never had come up with even agriculture:

Caveman 1: "look, you can plant these things and it automatically grows into food in like 6 months."

Caveman 2: "Oh because it's sooooo hard to pick some berries."

Caveman 1: "you're right, it's useless."

Caveman 1 never became Farmer 1 and humanity died off a thousand years later because our species offers no remarkable traits to cope with the world around us except for our ability invent tools that interact with it.

Point missed, congratulations.

You obviously didn't even read my posts. But when you disagree with someone why bother understanding what their point is?

Point missed, congratulations.

What is your point btw?

Like I understand that it's easy to plug in a cable. Nobody is disputing that a human could easily plug in a cable.

However, as has been pointed out, this is being developed with automation in mind. And it is very much a prototype, one for the future. Personally, I think it would be awesome if I could drive to my house, get out of my car and be inside drinking a beer, while it parks itself in my garage and plugs itself into the mains. So I'm glad there's people out there like Tesla, making shit like this closer to reality.