Tesla's one step closer to a charger that plugs in automatically.

What is your point btw?

Like I understand that it's easy to plug in a cable. Nobody is disputing that a human could easily plug in a cable.

However, as has been pointed out, this is being developed with automation in mind. And it is very much a prototype, one for the future. Personally, I think it would be awesome if I could drive to my house, get out of my car and be inside drinking a beer, while it parks itself in my garage and plugs itself into the mains. So I'm glad there's people out there like Tesla, making shit like this closer to reality.

Because as it is now and in the near future, people are only going to get this to be lazy, not to have their car drive off and charge itself. But apparently that's too hard to understand.

Oh, and everyone disagrees with me.  :rolleyes: I'm not wrong.

Because as it is now and in the near future, people are only going to get this to be lazy, not to have their car drive off and charge itself. But apparently that's too hard to understand.

Oh, and everyone disagrees with me. :rolleyes: I'm not wrong.

There are parking lots/towers that are completely automated.

You drive up to the entrance, get out(leaving keys in being suggested(depends on the place) against loss and they are responsible then) and the platfor moves your car inside the tower, away form you and locks it in a dock.

Outside where you receive a ticket to retrieve your car later(picture of costumer taken for validation)

And that without any human working in said tower(except for engineers/cleaners)

In a case like that the automated charger could come in pretty handy, car charges if needed and unplugs when done, to save energy.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Oh, and everyone disagrees with me. :rolleyes: I'm not wrong.

Yeah I mean a lot of automation will be classed as lazy. But it's super cool,nonetheless. Hell you could say the same about driving, I literally drive instead of biking or walking even if I only have to travel a mile.

Well waiting for them to be hacked since that's the trend now.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.