GigaByte unveils GTX970 Twin Turbo | GV-N970TTOC-4GD

source: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5559#ov

• Twin Turbo Bidirectional air intake fan
  • Powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU
  • Integrated with industry's best 4GB GDDR5 memory 256-bit memory interface
  • Features Dual-link DVI-I / HDMI / DisplayPort*3
  • Boost:1241 / Base: 1101 MHz in OC Mode
  • Boost: 1216 / Base: 1076 MHz in Gaming Mode
  • System power supply requirement: 400W(with one 8-pin external power connectors)
product shots:

20150728110658_big.png

20150728110704_big.png

20150728110716_big.png

20150728110722_big.png

product specs:

• Chipset GeForce GTX 970
  • Core Clock Base / Boost clock:1101 / 1241 MHz
  • Memory Clock 7010 MHz
  • Process Technology 28 nm
  • Memory Size 4 GB (not! 3.5+0.5  ^_^)
  • Memory Bus 256 bit
  • Card Bus PCI-E 3.0
  • Memory Type GDDR5
  • DirectX 12
  • OpenGL 4.4
  • PCB Form ATX
  • Digital max resolution 4096 X 2160
  • Analog max resolution 2048 x 1536
  • I/O Dual-link DVI-I / DisplayPort*3 / HDMI*1
  • Card size H=43mm, L=266mm, W=129mm (without bracket)
  • Power requirement 400W(with one 8-pin external power connectors)
---

that stubby PCB

it has a "decent" factory overclock, same as the ITX version; but I'm guessing this one will be louder

Why are companies that usually only have open air coolers now randomly starting to do both?

First ASUS, now GIGABYTE..

Must be an open market or something because otherwise i'm fucking confused.

Why are companies that usually only have open air coolers now randomly starting to do both?

its for those people who want to sli thats where the rear exhaust is beneficial in thermals

Asus has the Turbo 960 and now Gigabyte comes out with the twin turbo 970, yet neither have anything turbo about them. If you're going to call it twin turbo you should at least have two squirrel fans. 

I kind of like it personally. Probably won't cost nearly as much as the bigger coolers either.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

It looks less shit than the one Asus did.

Asus's one was completely plastic construction (haven't checked if this is yet), and just a tiny heat-sink and no heat pipes at all. In OC3D's testing the top card reached 80C which made it less effective than most open air coolers in SLI, which was sort of the point of the bi-directional blower.

This is good.  More options for those of us with matx boards (with close PCI-e slots) for possible SLI in the future and not have to worry about the cards being so close together and having heat issues.  That's why I got the Asus one a couple months ago (970 Turbo).

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Well that just looks hideous.

and thermals/noise are going to be just as bad.

- snip-

[*]Memory Size 4 GB (not! 3.5+0.5 ^_^)

How can that be? The reason the 970s have 3.5+0.5 of vram is because of GM204-200-A1 and the way nvidia cut it down. There is no way a board maker can fix this. The only way we will see a 970 without 3.5+0.5 is if nvidia released a GM204-200-A1 V2.

HTID

MSI and EVGA have been doing it for the longest, cheaper than getting reference cooled cards shipped (shipping weight, they can just buy the card without the reference cooler) and cheaper than their open air coolers, resulting in cheaper to the consumer and often bought by those looking to do custom liquid cooling.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

If there is no forced induction taking place don't call it twin turbo!  :angry: God this pisses me off

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

If there is no forced induction taking place don't call it twin turbo!  :angry: God this pisses me off

Get a reference 970 and attach it to your turbocharged car. 25 PSI of boost should be enough to cool the thing, right?

That things ugly..

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Get a reference 970 and attach it to your turbocharged car. 25 PSI of boost should be enough to cool the thing, right?

Ugh PSI

That's about 1.7 bar. Would shatter the entire card xD

I have played FPS games with my wacom bamboo  :lol:

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Looks like an OEM product to me.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Finally, someone on my level xD.

It works far better for rts games though^^

It's also for people that have their motherboard rotated 90 degrees. Blower styles work better for those setups.

Also, I'm looking forward to EVGA's/MSi's/Zotac's Triple Turbo card. I hear it's a totally original design and not a total rip off of ASUS's model. (obvious sarcasm)