Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I did the same. But to a friend's PC.... It was crap PSU anyway, so I did a favor for him  B)

:D

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Was building a PC, and had the fron panel down, pressed 10times without any boot, until I realised that I was pressing the reset switch 

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Oooooooooo not only an accidental deletion of all files but a restriction of the HDD, hard one.

Ye thank god it was on my old laptop

Was messing around and reformatted my HDD to 10GBs...

EDIT:Im not even mad...Thats amazing:D

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Was wiring up a local community centre a couple years back. Spent all day running Cat5, VGA etc. through the walls and ceiling, and generally crawling around a tiny roof space, getting incredibly dirty and sweaty. Finally, I had all the cables zip tied together, tucked away and beautifully cable managed (6+ hours of work had gone into this) so I took a five minute break before doing my final checks and ended up chatting to the electrician. To cut a long story short, it turned out I had been working from the old plans, and would need to pull everything out and start again. From scratch. Spent the rest of the evening undoing the days work and trying to get ahead...then came back the next day to do it all over again...but ever so slightly differently. Lesson of the day- use the right plans.     

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Was wiring up a local community centre a couple years back. Spent all day running Cat5, VGA etc. through the walls and ceiling, and generally crawling around a tiny roof space, getting incredibly dirty and sweaty. Finally, I had all the cables zip tied together, tucked away and beautifully cable managed (6+ hours of work had gone into this) so I took a five minute break before doing my final checks and ended up chatting to the electrician. To cut a long story short, it turned out I had been working from the old plans, and would need to pull everything out and start again. From scratch. Spent the rest of the evening undoing the days work and trying to get ahead...then came back the next day to do it all over again...but ever so slightly differently. Lesson of the day- use the right plans.     :D that

...That hurt my Forehead;) but quite impressive how much effort you put in that :P

When I was first starting out I didn't realise you could take the motherboard off it's standoffs so when i came to replacing my PSU for the first time, I couldn't get the 8 pin through the space between the cut out of the case and the mobo, so I sawed through the cables to pull it through. Then only after that realised there must be some way to unscrew the mobo since I had to fit my new PSU in. Anyway the new PSU had to be RMA'd because it didn't work, sucked not having a pc for quite a while.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Moving my build to a new case. Not changing anything but when turning it on all i got was a puff of smoke from the CPU cooler and..... dead!

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Wouldn't the transformer deal with that? (Just curious)

Apparently not ^^ the thing took 220 volts to the face and started smoking...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I threw an unsupported CPU in my old P4V8X-X and it freaked out. After that, it would hit a brick wall for performance every 10 minutes or so.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

played one of those really quiet vines that tell you to make it rlly loud to hear what he says then its some super duper fucking loud sex groans and i was in the bathroom while this happened.

REKT

*Sex moans*

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Not necessarily awkward..

But back when I was in high school, I was sat in an IT lesson, and I was bored and noticed that my mouse cable was becoming detached from the mouse, about halfway through the lesson the cable snapped and I was left with a fraying USB cable... Me.. being me, decided to see what would happen, if I put the frayed ends of the cable into the front USB port

Basically, the PSU exploded... which was ... pretty funny, the teacher was looking at me like "You didnt just put that cable in there did you...." .. Im like..."no"... so he just says "go find a another pc to work out" - literally everyone , including me and the teacher were pissing ourselves

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ok I've got anotherone too ;) a few weeks back I got my new Harman Kardon Soundsticks III And my left channel didnt work i send it back but they said everything was finde with them so i got a new pair just for safety measures:D (from them) It turned out my soundcable extension was broken :/

Was wiring up a local community centre a couple years back. Spent all day running Cat5, VGA etc. through the walls and ceiling, and generally crawling around a tiny roof space, getting incredibly dirty and sweaty. Finally, I had all the cables zip tied together, tucked away and beautifully cable managed (6+ hours of work had gone into this) so I took a five minute break before doing my final checks and ended up chatting to the electrician. To cut a long story short, it turned out I had been working from the old plans, and would need to pull everything out and start again. From scratch. Spent the rest of the evening undoing the days work and trying to get ahead...then came back the next day to do it all over again...but ever so slightly differently. Lesson of the day- use the right plans.     

man that hurts...

a few weeks ago i found out that a supermicro server board would not post with my gaming mouse attached.. sat there for hours, checking with different memory, disconnecting drives, googling only to find the same post error. later when i was ready to give up, i disconnected everything except for the monitor (i was going to do that but i accidentally turned it on (tapped screwdriver against the header) and it posted PERFECTLY?!!?!?! so i reattached the keyboard, rebooted... perfectly fine, attached the mouse, rebooted... post error, so i had to grab an older mouse or i had to wait to plug this one in (back in windows)

i was so confused... (not entirely, most gaming mice are also kind of a keyboard with the macros but i did not expect that when i began)

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

When my family got their first desktop PC we didn't have any speakers but we noticed the monitor had speakers. We tried for hours to try and figure out why sound wasn't coming out of those speakers. My moms friend couldn't even figure it out. Then I realized a couple months later that VGA doesn't carry sound, only video xD.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

When my family got their first desktop PC we didn't have any speakers but we noticed the monitor had speakers. We tried for hours to try and figure out why sound wasn't coming out of those speakers. My moms friend couldn't even figure it out. Then I realized a couple months later that VGA doesn't carry sound, only video xD.

Been there. I've spent faaaaaar too long looking for problems, only to realise they've used the wrong cable :L

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Me and my friend downloaded minecraft from a super legit source...it deleted almost everything on that pc, including the files from his mom who used it for her work. We managed to get the icons back to the stock image...at least that

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Spent close to 14 hours trying to get a RAID configuration to stick.  Each time the RAID was created, one drive will always read Non-RAID Drive.  Moved to different ports but still the same issue.  Exchanged the drive at Microcenter, same issue.  There were a few times where I was able to get to the Windows installation screen but it would should the Full Raid and that one drive that was supposed to be part of the raid as an installation media.  Went through this so many times I remembered the Windows license key.

About to give up, I decided to try one last thing even though I knew it couldn't have been the issue.  I changed the SATA cable.  Lo and Behold...it worked...  RAID configuration stuck, Windows installed, and I was on my merry way...  I banged my head on the table for awhile...

Also guilt of opening ___ and then not actually knowing what I'm doing. Did that a few times....

Happily I know how to tech somewhat now.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Tried to charge my gameboy with a paper clip, the thing survived but i got a nice shock xD

I tried for 4 hours to find out why my PC wasn't turning on after I bent a pin on the motherboard for the CPU, it was a small bend and it was easily bent back. I thought well crap I just broke a $100 board so I kept trying, made sure everything was plugged in like 10 times. No joy. I realized after 4 hours of wondering that my CPU power wasn't plugged in.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

I'm currently running a custom rom on my phone, and on sunday, I used the factory reset feature in the boot menu, thinking it'd run the ROM's Aroma installer. It did not, but instead wiped the phone. A phone I'd not backed up since a week prior, and while the backup file was sitting on a computer 45 minutes away...

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11