Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

One confession don't like how Dell builds there pre-built desktop computers. Specially when you try to fix one. 

I'm gaming on a Mac.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

I have a GTX 780 and a i7 3770k ... with a stick cooler

@swagfag

I feel like this is too much for what I need, then again two R9 290X is better than a single R9 M295X.

I'll probably do this when Apple makes the thunderbolt display either a 4k or 5k display and look more like the iMac.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8n2v23

What? I find plastic to be environmentally unfriendly, cheap, and ugly.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

up until one month ago I was using the IBM t43 thinkpad as my daily driver.

What can you accomplish on a computer like that you might ask?

not a whole lot.

specs roughly~ less than a gig ram, some shitty cpu, 60gb hdd.

stunning, I know!

@swagfag

I feel like this is too much for what I need, then again two R9 290X is better than a single R9 M295X.

I'll probably do this when Apple makes the thunderbolt display either a 4k or 5k display and look more like the iMac.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8n2v23

What? I find plastic to be environmentally unfriendly, cheap, and ugly.

thunderbolt is not gonna have 4k anytime soon and it's a compete rehash to incorporate it anyway as for the gpus yes 2 290's spread the workload much better and have less dropped frames and overall better average fps because they complete each others loads and have more accessibility to more PCI and ram/CPU resources don't wait on apple they will just hype and disappoint

up until one month ago I was using the IBM t43 thinkpad as my daily driver.

What can you accomplish on a computer like that you might ask?

not a whole lot.

specs roughly~ less than a gig ram, some shitty cpu, 60gb hdd.

stunning, I know!

I've worked on PCs that the on screen mouse lags... while in Linux! I'm pretty used to slow and buggy

I have a soundcard just so I dont have to switch out my headphone cord and speaker cord in my I/O every time I want to switch between them.  I can just hit a button on my keyboard to enable one or the other.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I never had a problem with Vista...

Also, I really like my craptop's chiclet keyboard.

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

NwdRxIV.jpg

post-104353-0-47064700-1414416540.gif

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

thunderbolt is not gonna have 4k anytime soon and it's a compete rehash to incorporate it anyway as for the gpus yes 2 290's spread the workload much better and have less dropped frames and overall better average fps because they complete each others loads and have more accessibility to more PCI and ram/CPU resources don't wait on apple they will just hype and disappoint

Wishful thinking but they could add HDMI for the video and the thunderbolt for the Display I/O.

The build quality of a Mac is far superior than most PCs but with that being said at the same time they after a 2 to 3 years need replacing and it can be cheaper if you sell your Mac but the issue that is mentioned and a flaw with Macs is that with a PC (Pre-Built or Custom) if something becomes slow you can just upgrade it with a Mac the whole thing has to be replaced and for some I get where they would say Macs are stupid. But I for one don't really care about extreme specs for as long as it can run something like Sony Vegas smoothly while doing like 4k video editing then I'll get it.

But hey it's still at least a year off before I would start buying the parts for the build so if by then the iMac 5k is more than enough to run something like Vegas for 2.5 years then I'll spend my money on a Mac if the iMac 5k isn't that good then I'll build my own system but I'd still buy some kind of Mac laptop for on the go. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

i have a raidmax powersupply

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

When i built my current rig i needed it asap for studying and just threw the hardware into my case. I told myself i do the cable management once the semester has ended, that was one year ago and i didnt touch it since then :( 

I found Half Life 2 to be meh.

Not even kidding. For some reason I really didn't manage to enjoy it much. Too linear maybe, or perhaps it was the not-so-great gunplay that turned me off.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I cant be bothered assembling my own systems.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

my first touch device was an ipod touch and i currently have and ipad 4 . Tow of the worst mistakes in my life (im not kidding i have paid the ipad twice for repairs)

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

I actually love windows 8.1 and i do not understand why everyone hates it...

And I once had the fractal arc mini as a case and i wanted to mod it but I ended up in having a case without any dustfilters (exept for psu) and I couldn't close the sidepanel anymore :(

Firestrike Score: https://www.3dmark.com/fs/10388602

May the Force be with you all!

I still hold as a relic my glorious Dell Axim x50V.....GOOD OLD DAYS OF YORE....

post-152973-0-42743800-1414448565_thumb.

Gotta love that Intel Xscale 624Mhz with 16mb Vram...

I still hold as a relic my glorious Dell Axim x50V.....GOOD OLD DAYS OF YORE....

attachicon.gif20141027_171829.jpg

Gotta love that Intel Xscale 624Mhz with 16mb Vram...

Oooh the nostalgication. I own a PDA/GPS/WM5.1 kind of thing I take out when cycling.

on topic: I hate Ubuntu.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

I actually think EA is an awesome company

LOL you believed that?

Only the smartest among us can solve this post

ohhh thats so good :P

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

I'm using a $300 144hz monitor with a $150 video card. Never hit 144hz outside of Desktop or Portal 2.