Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

Awesome :) Never thought of doing that, despite having free access to a laser cutting machine and a CNC mill.

Well, that case is made from 133 separate laser-cut pieces so it was not very easy to design, but the result was well worth the effort.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I have a GT 740m in my laptop. GTX chips are sooo much better

I have a GTX 670m 3GB still going strong...

I have a GTX 670m 3GB still going strong...

Meh...

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

I infected dad's win xp pc with a virus on purpose to make him buy windows 7. Thought that still useing xp is a huge security risk and he won't listen. So made him listen. Also I broke the pcie retaining clip on my Z97 board. Dunno how but it just came off. So the card only hold by the thumbscrews. Cheap plastic or just me being a dork :( I feel guilty.

Made an auto-script to eject the dvd drive of my dad's old crappy PC at random times to tell him it's infected and let me build a new one (it worked)

I actually think EA is an awesome company

LOL you believed that?

Only the smartest among us can solve this post

are-you-wizard.jpg

My Dell Vostro 260 upgraded with 4gb of RAM and a GeForce GT 610 no longer has a drive bay becuase I tried to make room for a GTX 750. After discovering that not all PSUs are created equal, I put the 610 back and duct taped the drive to to inside wall of the case.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a 2.4Ghz usb wireless dongle which only works for 3 hours at a time and instead of wiring the house up I just leave it.

I use a 2.4Ghz usb wireless dongle which only works for 3 hours at a time and instead of wiring the house up I just leave it.

Where is your Router in relation to your Build?

Because he had a hard drive.

I have only one 4GB flash drive. :(

Same. I only needed a flash drive twice this year; I don't think an upgrade is worth anything.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

I'm using an Alienware membrane keyboard and a basic Alienware mouse. Don't worry, I didn't buy it, I stole them from my brother. (He has a pre-built Alienware desktop, so I guess that's his confession.)

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

Spent $1300 on a gaming rig. Just to find out that i would only log five game hours the first year i have had it...

I'm interested to know what people have done while working with computers. The worst thing that I have done is when I had first started in my Basic computer repair class sophomore year, I tried to put some RAM in and realized It wasn't going in. So i pushed harder and harder until I heard a nice POP! noise. At that point I thought that all was well until my teacher came over and took the RAM out and showed me that I had completely broke the RAM. pretty much made my own slot on the RAM.

That's my story, what about your's?

I couldn't figure out how to take the 3.5" bay cover off so I snapped it inside.. All I had to do was take the front panel off

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Most embarrassing thing you have done?

I'm not sure people want to reveal such a thing on this forum...or even anywhere on the Internet. ;):P:D JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I'm not sure people want to reveal such a thing on this forum...or even anywhere on the Internet. ;):P:D JK

Hit me up in Private chat if you wanna do that  :wub:  :wub:  ha

i had been working all day on an new bouild and when i got to the xeon i put it in the wrong and i completly killed the xeon so now i have an 1000$ dead cpu