Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I actually liked windows vista at the time..

It was buggy as hell and didn't work, but I loved the design and the user interface.

if only it wasn't such a failiure.......

i have a friend who was considering using vista cause 7 was being a smelly face to him.

he's fine with it, ''its not that bad, about 80% as good as 7''

(not you AMD, although you too were considering using vista for a moment)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i think my main sin was getting my current computer from bestbuy while high.

i asked for dedicated gpu and upgradeability.

he lead me to an hp envy m6 with A10 4600m.

i was high so i believed him...

my secondary-worst sin in tech is not signing up for freegeek sooner.

also having an un-ending love for consoles.

but only stuff before 2006, and handhelds. also nintendo gets a special place in my heart.

IF YOU CAN FIND ME A GAMECUBE CONTROLLER TO USB3 ADAPTRER I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I... use a 1600x900 TN Panel monitor on my $1000 gaming rig. :(

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

I love windows 8

And the issue with that is?

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

until a few months ago i was using a 13 inch macbook from 2006 with an 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 1gb of ram split across 2 512mb sticks. can even install anything past snow leopard.

So yeah Tiddles had a stick of bad RAM, i got it changed no problem (i love PBtech!) but the computer wouldn't start up?

Why? cause i didn't push the RAM all the way in.

:blink:

So what are your stories? lets have a good laugh!

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

I licked my CPU heatsink...i lost a bet  :unsure:

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Plenty of threads about this, sorry.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

i was put on the backplate to my cooler and the screwdriver slipped and scratched the pcb :S luckily it still works fine xD

I licked my CPU heatsink...i lost a bet   :unsure:

w...what did it taste like?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i forgot to hook up the CPU power 

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Plenty of threads about this, sorry.

I couldn't find one? 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Once I bought the wrong form factor power supply... Yeah I felt like an idiot.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

w...what did it taste like?

CPU heatsink

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I once installed quicktime  :( worst virus I ever had on a PC.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Every time I take apart my computer to do something I forget to put the ram back in after I'm done. Without fail I have tried booting my pc without ram after every tear down. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I stood my PC up and realized that I didn't screw the board in. Thankfully the 8 pin cpu connector held it up and the center pin on corsair cases!

installing wrong video drivers, burned my gpu in a matter of days

I'd rather a Mac than a PC and will probably buy a Mac when I have the money rather than building a PC.

The iMac with Retina 5k looks promising and it's pretty good overall.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I'd rather a Mac than a PC and will probably buy a Mac when I have the money rather than building a PC.

The iMac with Retina 5k looks promising and it's pretty good overall.

but linux is better

Always can partition the SDD and install a linux distro on a Mac.  :P

but then u would have inferior apple hardware in your way of success

but then u would have inferior apple hardware in your way of success

Lol the 5k iMac still seems suited for what I need.

Sure it doesn't have specs that are overkill but it does what it's meant for.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization