Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I used ASUS auto overclock feature, and was like ^_^ then ^_^ and that was it. I never bothered to manual OC Ram and CPU.

I find that my Asus board clocks pretty good with the autotuner. It does 1.3V @ 4.45GHz, and the chip will actually do 1.375V @ 4.6GHz before heat gets in the way (but I stop OCing when it reaches 70* under load, even though it can go MUCH higher).  

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

This is a pretty stupid crime: I bought a laptop with an AMD APU and mobile graphics (obviously) for gaming. While this laptop does fair alright with games, it was still a mistake to buy this particular laptop with the intent of using it for playing games. Of course, that's not all I do with it, but still. 

Planning on reconciling this by building a proper gaming system.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

I bought Windows ME & Windows Vista on release .... never again will I buy a Windows OS On release date.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I bought Windows ME & Windows Vista on release .... never again will I buy a Windows OS On release date.

Bought windows 8 on release, wasn't a bad option since it got a lot more expensive after 

What's wrong with it?

Wasn't a good choice for me, waste of £58  :P

+ mine was a terrible ocer

Oh. ok... I haven't tried OC'ing mine yet... :)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I am seriously considering buying a low end GPU to use my secondary monitor. Damn Sapphire for not having 2 DVI ports. :/ (Shoot me now). 

I bought a Black Widow Ultimate at walmart because it was the only wired keyboard in stock. :/  (not a crime, but I was not looking for anything fancy). 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I trusted HP tech support to help me when my laptop arrived with graphical issues in games. 3 months later and about 15 times checking my BIOS to see that it was updated (it's a scripted response, but twice in one day is really annoying and they refuse to skip it), I had to do a factory reset.

To be fair, it was an extremely uncommon issue that I only ever was able to find one post about that was left unresolved.

Pirated:

• Windows 7 to  8.1 (and soon 9)
  • Microsoft Office 2007 to 2013
  • Adobe CS5 Suite
  • Games (Obviously)
  • Any software you have to pay for

Bought:

• A Logitech X-530 that had the box open went home and found out that the left speaker is broken (still using the speakers, but only hear the right and center and the subwoofer is fucked up)
  • A Microsft Lifecam for $20 to $30 and I don't use it at all except for its mic

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this comment will revive this thread...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

brought an apple computer..... 

im going to hell

There's nothing wrong with buying an Apple computer. People have their preferences and if in that moment in time you preferred a Mac there's nothing wrong with that

Life.exe is missing

1. I never tested my parts before throwing them into the case.

2. I always forget to hold my fans still when I clean my pc. Ended up breaking 4 fans

3. Pulled out a power/data cable off a HDD wrong, ended up breaking the plastic bit a little. Drive still works though!

“At bottom, you see, we are not Homo sapiens as all. Our core is madness. The prime directive is murder. What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous mother******* in the jungle." - Steven King, Cell

1. I never tested my parts before throwing them into the case.

It's ok. i never do that when I build my PCs :P

Life.exe is missing

I've pirated everything short of games I want to play online. 

I've pirated Windows 7 Home, Pro, Server and Ultimate. As well as all versions of XP. Most "commercial" software that i use i've pirated. 

I didn't buy 16gb of ram when it was only $40/8gb. /madbro

I am whatever I am. 

My PC has absolutely 0 cable management and I haven't cleaned the dust out of it in a year.

1. I never tested my parts before throwing them into the case

The only time I would ever do that is if I have water blocked GPUs and no iGPU

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

glad I'm not the only one then! ^_^ Just about every building tutorial I ever watch showed the host doing that  :huh:. Honestly seems kinda dangerous to be leaving a bunch of parts loosely assembled on a box or whatnot.

“At bottom, you see, we are not Homo sapiens as all. Our core is madness. The prime directive is murder. What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous mother******* in the jungle." - Steven King, Cell

I tested my Laptop befor buying it for 15 minutes ( with Burn in Test ) with the CPU running over 90°C, got more than 2000 temperature alerts.

xD

Don't get mad, get even...

I stole a 128mb Flash Drive wayyy back when they where still selling for over $100 to look like a badass.... every time I see 128GB flash drive I cry a little on the inside :c

I don't have a monitor, I use the force to find my applications.

Not sorry. I have powers you lot can only dream of.

So by powers you mean you use remote desktop :P

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

So by powers you mean you use remote desktop :P

I don't have a computer. I am a figment of your imagination too. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

My name is HippY and I am here to confess my sins

I bought a high end cooler and motherboard to OC my 8320 and I have not OC-d it even a little

I thought that the SSD made m PC quicker, but I realised that Win 8 boots quickly on HDD too.

I was using a generic( it has a brand something similar to Acer, maybe LG?) 17" 4:3 1280x1024 monitor, as it was fine and I could play at good rates.

Just got a 23" IPS Full HD, and realised it was the best upgrade so far

I nearly killed my PC with a non branded PSU

I want to get an X99 gamin rig, to be good at Uni, but to be honest, my current PC is fine enough and I am no need in power and graphics.

But probably I will build something.

Anyone else wold like to join the Electronic Confessers Club (ECC)?