Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I like mac.

Sorry

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

i bought a whole computer, mouse, keyboard and os included  but forgot to get a monitor,

and i put vodka in my loop thinking i could use it as a biocide

Vodka? xD

Vodka? xD

lol yes i thought that the ethanol and Ethylene glycol was the same thing

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

May I ask what is wrong with buying parts one by one, cause that's what I was planning to do ?

You don't notice it, I do, it used to take me like 15-20 seconds to reboot my pc now it's like barely 5-10, I also notice it when launching apps that are on my ssd is like alt tabbing to them, might be that I notice it and you don't because my hdd was slower than the regular hdds (doubt it) or because you have a slower than normal ssd, or whatever else, I agree that it's not an essential part of a build, but, at least I got used to the speed

Samsung 830 128GB is the SSD. It is was not a slow (or cheap) drive when new, and still is not.  HDDs that I use on a daily basis are a 1TB Hatachi Travelstar and a 320GB WD Blue (2.5 inch) as OS drives, and have used a 1TB Seagate 7200RPM Desktop drives as an OS drive. Startup times have always been the same at best with the SSD using windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. With windows 8 it is going to be nearly instant anyway with an HDD.

Alt Tabbing on my HP seems to be instant (if there is a delay, it is so small that it is not visible) and it is running a HDD, so I fail to see what improvement there could be alt tabbing on a SSD (Hint, that is more limited by RAM than the drive).

While not essential, it is not even useful for the most part. It is an accessory, not a component to me. I will guarantee that my future builds won't have an SSD unless it is a laptop (lost more than a few HDDs to shock damage in laptops, so SSDs have a place there for me). It is still always a better option to have a HDD for $$ sake (get 240GB or 4TB? Same price for both on average).

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Past-Techie me: I used to adore Macs, i love them, i think theyre better than pc. Until a few years into gaming :|

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Past-Techie me: I used to adore Macs, i love them, i think theyre better than pc. Until a few years into gaming :|

A couple of years ago I thought macs were better than pc's. :(

Im sorry :(

A couple of years ago I thought macs were better than pc's. :(

Im sorry :(

Yeah, i need to repent to the tech god through linus

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I have a licensed copy of Vista.

pls don't ban me for that

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Yeah, i need to repent to the tech god through linus 

REPENT TO LINUS AND GABEN!!!!!!

xD

I pirated windows. Many times. Got BSOD's for weeks and I was sure it was the ram. Little did I know i had a tampered windows and had a corrupt .sys file. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

May I ask what is wrong with buying parts one by one, cause that's what I was planning to do ?

Well that if you take a big period of time some of your parts might be DOA and after the time has passed you might not be able to RMA, it's just a precaution to buy everything at once, I bought everything one by one, I was able to test my stuff on another PC tho

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I bought a cheap PSU that may explode

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I actually use and enjoy Norton Internet Security, have been since 2003, now onto 2014 version. I generally buy it around the end of October, start of November, because it goes low on sale around that time, got NIS 2013(free upgrade to 2014 if your license is valid, could've bought the 2010 version and would still have gotten 2014 as well) for $20 at Staples, good for 3 PCs as well.

All the hate for it, for completely outdated beliefs along with issues because of the user's stupidity and not the software... like not installing a new AV and blame norton for their viruses after it expired... or visit the wrong kind of websites/install whatever they see on the web... no AV will protect the stupidest people out there... Then you have people claiming it's a ressource hog... which it hasn't been since 2008, thanks for keeping updated in your "facts", it actually barely use anything now.

I ain't sorry for it, it's a good anti virus, pretty much every tests shows it's ranked up there with the bests, but noooo, so called "experts" on forums and comment sections hate it for all the wrong reasons and claim those tests were obviously bought by Symantec.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Didn't buy SSD, Didn't buy heatshink for my cpu (stock all the way !).

Using membrane keyboard and broken earphone.

Bought SSD 8+ months ago tho.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I spent 137$ on 4 fans.

The f...? How?

To stay on topic: I'm using a unlicensed copy of Windows 7 Professional. I bought it as Dell OEM copy, it came with the activation code and I tried to activate it after the 30-day ''trial''. Needless to say, it didn't work, and I basically lost 70€. I should've activated it earlier...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

The f...? How?

Preordered 4 nf-f12 industrialppc 3000 rpm pwm noctua fans.

Spoiler

Preordered 4 nf-f12 industrialppc 3000 rpm pwm noctua fans.

Damn those are some expensive fans.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

hey! i also pirated many games!!! sorry for that too!

That kinda defeats the purpose of steam...

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

I use VGA.

:o You need DVI, ASAP!

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |