Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I fried a mobo by plugging a front usb in the wrong spot.

i did that the other day, luckily didnt fry my mobo just killed my challenger pro keyboard, must have been too much voltage for it!

1. Broke a mounting tab for the socket on a Socket 7 motherboard. That was many many years ago.

2. Crushed my first Athlon XP processor (who hasn't done that?)

3. Built a few of my personal rigs with PCChips/ECS motherboards, when I was a poor poor person. The K7S5A was a good performer though.

4. Constantly ran a few CRT's beyond their supported resolutions, thus killing them after a few months.

5. Didn't know the difference between a good power supply and a crap power supply till 2003.

I have already disclosed too much, it's someone else's turn. :P

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

This is an ongoing sin: I feel 90% of PC games (the good ones anyway) are either FPS or Online RPGs, and consoles are better for things like sports, racing games, fighting games and pretty much everything else

This is an ongoing sin: I feel 90% of PC games (the good ones anyway) are either FPS or Online RPGs, and consoles are better for things like sports, racing games, fighting games and pretty much everything else

I'll give you sports games (because you'd probably play fifa with a controller on PC anyways) but all the others.... I don't think so. Maaaaaybe casual racing games

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

No SSD

Stock cooler for 2500k

2500k not overclocked, and now even warranty period is over  :(

60 Hz TN monitor

Nexus 7 without any customization 

Using 32 bit windows until COD Ghots, Watch Dogs came out

Finally got PS4 Pro

almost $900 computer and didnt get SSD  :( and also got a power supply that was 1000w but in my defense it was like $100 off and I couldn't not get it at that price. (it's also only semi-modular

No... I'm not ready for my thread to die, not yet.... nooooo......

Guys... we are really closer to women then we like to think. Same thing - But those shoes are really pretty of course I get them or in my defence it was on sale. But in our stories these things are PSUs, CPUs, GPUs, SSDs etc. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I'm scared to update my BIOS because my computer is working fine on the current one.

Last time I tried to update the BIOS I put the updated file on a Raid 0 drive so it bricked the board. I know I was a noob but I'm scare

I'm sorry for my tech crime.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Lot of you guys sing along!

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

1. No SSD

2. Played games on integrated graphics(until i installed fraps)

3. Pirated said games

4. Used the fans that came with my case (they're really bad but used them anyway)

5. Bought cheapo mouse and keyboard so i could play pirated games on integrated graphics with 4 GB of RAM 

I nearly fried the gtx 580 the day I got it (sparks were everywhere and fragments were everywhere till I restarted the PC).

I used to put my foot in my bottom fan all the time.

I never ground myself.

I often make small changes to the Computer without turning it off and disconnecting it.

Three times (yes, three) I replaced the faulty audio jack in my R4. The reason why it was three times was because I did it while the pc was on and it kept fucking it up. I ended up just getting the whole case replaced so I didn't look like an idiot.

When re-installing my motherboard in the second fractal design define r4, I kept hitting the back of the motherboard of the stand offs which I think may have made my usb front header not work (not sure).

I connected my power led to the wrong pins so it'd always flash for ages and was too lazy to sort it so the LED is semi dead, I got a replacement and I still haven't re-installed it.

When I changed from a intel stock cooler to a h80 I smudged some of the thermal pad off and just put the h80 on which also has a thermal pad. I'm still yet to replace it with some TIM (it will be soon, I promise).

I bought the wrong white braided cable for the motherboard 24 pin even after being told that wasn't compatible with the rm.

My SSDs are just chilling in a 5.25 inch bay right now, not mounted or anything and when I put my custom loop in I have no intention of mounting it in the place it is meant to go.

I need to buy new cabling for my hi-fi speakers that are hooked up to my amp which is hooked up to my PC, I intend on buying the cabling and cutting them in half to save £5.

I care about my PCs looks more than performance.

I like Razer products.

I do very many bad things to my PC.

I started with a plan to buy my rig piece by piece over a few months. After the case and mobo I realized the risk of doa was not smart. Thankfully my mobo has a hefty warranty.

I dumped ~$500 into my Probook 4530s for 1080p and SSD upgrade along with fixing broken hinges (twice!).

I bought a first generation product from Asus, the T100,it is being RMAed as I TYPE.

I bought a PS4 and Vita.

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

For a while I thought the GameCube was last Gen. Now I come to realize the super monkey ball awesomeness. Forgive me, for only now do I see that the GameCube is the closest thing behind a pc

Forgive me, for only now do I see that the GameCube is the closest thing behind a pc

How so?

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

I did not overclock my 2600k for some years now. Sorry. I even have the D14. :)

I7-2600k (back to stock lol) + Noctua NH-D14 | Asus GTX 560 DC | Asus P8Z68 V/GEN3 | G.Skill RipjawsX 1333 Mhz 2x4 GB

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer | ThermalTake ToughPower Grand 750W | LG IPS237L | Razer BlackWidow 2013 | Razer Electra

[WD Caviar Blue 500 GB | Hitachi 260 GB | Seagate 120 GB | Toshiba 300 GB] <Generic mousepad & a wireless Logitech mouse T_T>

ninite.com my friend 

oh trust me. i adore ninite. 

however when theres some crazy russian program with the only "legit" download site being CNET....well you get the drift

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

On the coolermaster elite 130 I installed a 120 mm rad but used an LED AF fan from corsair

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I use duct tape to keep a dust filter in my desktop in place...and I do the same thing with my headphones. The headphones are especially funny to look at, because the left ear completely fell off (but still works!) and there's this huge wad of duct tape keeping it attached.

I could just spend the $40 or so and get the same headphones and a new dust filter, but they both work just fine still, so until they completely bork out on me, they're staying.

Moral of the story: duct tape fixes everything.

COMIC SANS

I use duct tape to keep a dust filter in my desktop in place...and I do the same thing with my headphones. The headphones are especially funny to look at, because the left ear completely fell off (but still works!) and there's this huge wad of duct tape keeping it attached.

I could just spend the $40 or so and get the same headphones and a new dust filter, but they both work just fine still, so until they completely bork out on me, they're staying.

Moral of the story: duct tape fixes everything.

Mind showing a picture of the headphones you're talking about (in their current condition)? I'd like to see what they look like.

And yeah. Duct tape fixes everything. Isn't there anything duct tape can't fix?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I butchered the back of a Laptop 5 or so years ago trying to take it apart. Didn't get any sleep on that work day and there was a lose piece of metal rattling around inside and needless to say it killed the motherboard.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

• 1 month later...

Bad idea to bump? It was going so well, until it got dumped.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

On my 3rd Alienware laptop

Not sorry

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I cheaped out and bought an AMD chip :/ (a cheap one)