Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

Apple...

Well I can't afford a 770, 780 or 7950 right now :P

i got a 630 i would send you if you payed for shipping.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Just a thought, with all the PC game piracy confessions going on... You wonder if it's something to do with how the platform is dying on it's arse?

No idea what the new world is like but in the UK we had a vibrant game writing community back in the old 1980's to early 1990's days and it was piracy that killed it. Some of the most creative games ever created were made back then and it got to the stage were if you couldn't get money for your game in the first two days of release then you never would and more pirate copies would exist than legit ones.

Lead me onto "chipped" PSX consoles, I remember being told on an early internet forum that PSx's were crap because chipped machines that let you play copy games weren't that stable.

Erm......

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

Just a thought, with all the PC game piracy confessions going on... You wonder if it's something to do with how the platform is dying on it's arse?

I don't actually think so, loyal gamers will always pay for their games, it is mainly the overhyping of consoles and mobile gaming that is killing PC

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

I don't actually think so, loyal gamers will always pay for their games, it is mainly the overhyping of consoles and mobile gaming that is killing PC

Baloney..

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

Just look into my sig and you'll get it :D.

I also lost the warranty certificate for this whole build :D.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I have an i5 3570k and haven't overclocked it yet. Still running on stock cooling.

D:

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Up until recently, i've never used all the motherboard standoffs, just the 4 in the corners.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

The very first PC i ever made had crappy 230mm fan on the side panel (just because my housemate had it spare and we thought it would be cool)!  Im so ashamed because that rig was so damn loud.

I also must confess... ive let two of my best mates get away with ordering pre-built desktops despite me knowing that I can build it for them for much cheaper... i gave up after a minor 5min of arguing... IM SORRY PC BUILDER GODS!!!! I COULDNT CONVINCE THEM AND I FAILED YOU!  (im currently working on redemption because one of them wants a new rig and im telling him with his budget he can get a lot more bang for his buck and ill build it for him)

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

I've torrented plenty of software. Also, I still use Yahoo as my main email even though it's riddled with spam.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I'm thinking about getting a second 680

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

every copy of windows 7 on pcs in my house is from the dell cd that came with my dads pc and i used windows loader to give them keys

Edit: ive fixed relatives pcs and also gave them a free windows 7 os

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

edit

- I pirate nothing including my recent OS (windows 8) which I bought when I saw the launch price (45$) and games I want to play multiplayer.

- I have bought all my music during the last 3 years

- I have been using an old track ball mouse and membrane keyboard for gaming for 10+ years

- My first gaming computer was bought in a computer store and assembled by a "professional"

- When I was a kid, I once deleted tons of system files to make space for installing SWAT 3, blamed the bsod on something else

Spoiler

When installing my new RAM, one of the black things (the one that holds it) went under my GPU. GPU was totaly bent but it still works.

I dropped my 1Tb Ext WD HDD full of stuff.

I dropped my 1tb Ext wd HDD too... though i did not exactly drop it.... the whole table collapsed while I was watching an eagles game, the HDD, my laptop and my coffee mug went straight to the floor..... (all of them survived.. the HDD is not perfect now though..)

Bought a MacBook Pro Retina. 'Nuff said.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I shoot .jpg, don't kill me :P 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I a broke fan by putting my finger in it, once.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

Far Cry 3, FRAPS, Dxtory, Vegas, Camtasia, CS6, and atleast 20 movies.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

No idea what the new world is like but in the UK we had a vibrant game writing community back in the old 1980's to early 1990's days and it was piracy that killed it. Some of the most creative games ever created were made back then and it got to the stage were if you couldn't get money for your game in the first two days of release then you never would and more pirate copies would exist than legit ones.

Lead me onto "chipped" PSX consoles, I remember being told on an early internet forum that PSx's were crap because chipped machines that let you play copy games weren't that stable.

Erm......

i have "played" game copies on xbox ps1 ps2 xbox360 dreamcast wii far more then i have "played" copies of pc games

I always remove the plastic shielding on the cpu socket before installing the cpu. I dont trust it to pop off.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black