Does any one else like Donald Trump.

Emanuel_M

lol hatred oh god some people.

George Bush. Google his transcript. Google the leaks. Also look at Biden!

You're a complete idiot if you think there aren't people who get into colleges who don't deserve it.

Oh god another pompus guy on the internet who thinks his beliefs are the be-all and end-all of everything. 

George Bush? What college do you thin H.W. went to? Yale? Ding ding ding

I'm sure Yale is very proud of the Bushes. 

You must have realized by now politicians or presidents aren't the smartest people in the world. And trust me I know how colleges work. My sister had 4.6+ GPA and great SAT scores/AP's/EC's and got wait listed @ Yale. It's about the $$$.. That's what people need to realize.

System: Thinkpad T460

Help is help though. Just because Trump was fortunate enough to have a rich lifestyle doesn't mean he didn't work for his spot, though of course I have no idea how well he did I'm just saying finnacial support doesn't mean anything. It is the grades of the person getting in that does. If that person is poor and has poor grades, he shouldn't get in. If that person is rich and has poor grades, he shouldn't get in. If that person is rich or poor with good grades, he deserves to be in.

but anyways, getting a bit off topic so... :lol:

@blackadder

Thank you! I might have been mixing up his high school + Occidental work with his Harvard work.

edit

anyone else experiancing broken notifications?

i think when he was at Columbia he had bad grades. I got bad grades while at college and had to appeal academic probation. I was in a honors program with a 1.8 gpa at one time. I had to take some tests and my pretty decent act score got me back in but, i feel the same way, i shouldn't have been let back in, i felt as of i was taking someones spot that deserved it more. It isnt a 0 sum game though there are infinite amount of open slots because the school can expand and grow and my major there is like 20 people in but, then again not ivy league and im glad for my 2nd chance.

Oh god another pompus guy on the internet who thinks his beliefs are the be-all and end-all of everything. 

George Bush? What college do you thin H.W. went to? Yale? Ding ding ding

I'm sure Yale is very proud of the Bushes.

Does it matter where he went? The point is that people get into prestigious scholls with low grades/undeserving all the time, due to knowing someone, having lots of money or some other undeserving method. Which you seem to think is not common at all.

You must have realized by now politicians or presidents aren't the smartest people in the world. And trust me I know how colleges work. My sister had 4.6+ GPA and great SAT scores/AP's/EC's and got wait listed @ Yale. It's about the $$$.. That's what people need to realize.

that's the point of what I was saying. Obama didn't get in because of his academic performance (though I conceded to being wrong early due to the lack of evidence). But before you said I was an idiot to think someone got into Harvard with C- grades without actually deserving to be there academically. Now you are saying it is about $$$...

i think when he was at Columbia he had bad grades. I got bad grades while at college and had to appeal academic probation. I was in a honors program with a 1.8 gpa at one time. I had to take some tests and my pretty decent act score got me back in but, i feel the same way, i shouldn't have been let back in, i felt as of i was taking someones spot that deserved it more. It isnt a 0 sum game though there are infinite amount of open slots because the school can expand and grow and my major there is like 20 people in but, then again not ivy league and im glad for my 2nd chance.

You worked for that spot though, regardless of how you began. If you passed with poor performance, that's different. But you didn't. You worked at it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Does it matter where he went? The point is that people get into prestigious scholls with low grades/undeserving all the time, due to knowing someone, having lots of money or some other undeserving method. Which you seem to think is not common at all.

that's the point of what I was saying. Obama didn't get in because of his academic performance (though I conceded to being wrong early due to the lack of evidence). But before you said I was an idiot to think someone got into Harvard with C- grades without actually deserving to be there academically. Now you are saying it is about $$$...

You obviously care because you brought up Obama's college history.

Let me break it down... Normal people can't get into colleges with bad grades or even great grades. But people with politician fathers with influence or million dollar donors as parents can get in any way they please. I don't see how you link this with Obama... Occidental is a lib-arts college in LA. That's sort of self explanatory. And he obviously didn't pay his way into Harvard as I don't see how he could. I honestly believe he worked his way into Harvard Law School. You can have your own opinions on that.

But as you said why does all this matter? It obviously had no impact on anyone getting into office. People are more worried about this stuff and birth records than stuff that actually matters. And you missed my major point: Politicians aren't the smartest people. Especially when idiots are throwing snowballs in congress and vehemently denying climate change lol

Let me break it down... Normal people can't get into colleges with bad grades or even great grades. But people with politician fathers with influence or million dollar donors as parents can get in any way they please. I don't see how you link this with Obama... Occidental is a lib-arts college in LA. That's sort of self explanatory. And he obviously didn't pay his way into Harvard as I don't see how he could. I honestly believe he worked his way into Harvard Law School. You can have your own opinions on that.

But as you said why does all this matter? It obviously had no impact on anyone getting into office. People are more worried about this stuff and birth records than stuff that actually matters. And you missed my major point: Politicians aren't the smartest people. Especially when idiots are throwing snowballs in congress and vehemently denying climate change lol

its not just money, if a college has alot of a list celebs or noble prizes they can get more funding and attract better students, kinda the same reason why we have stadiums at academic facilities. It way easier to have a football team and to let powerful peoples kids go to your school than getting a really brilliant person. Also i think the smartest person currently living (to me) is a russian mathematician that lives in him moms basement, solved ricci flows. But he can't run the country nor does he want anything but to solve math. So are we stuck with people that are only people dumb enough to run for office?

Ps notification were broke.

Didn't Obama have his schooling paid for by another? He didn't even do well, yet somehow he got in. I mean the guy was a straight C- student, wasn't he?

Well, considering he got that spot in Harvard over someone who worked their asses off gettings As or the like (higher SATs) when he could barely even get a C-, it isn't right (or your favorite..."fair"!). Think about the poor students who worked their asses off getting As or Bs but didn't have the money to go and got shanked by Obama's C-. But then again you are all about "fair" yet can't grasp making something "fair" for someone else makes it "less fair" for the other.

Hypocrisy at its finest. ;)

Not quite sure where you got your information, but Obama went to Harvard, became editor of the Harvard Law Review after his first year (then president the year after) and graduated Magna Cum Laude. Which would mean he placed top of his class...

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Not quite sure where you got your information, but Obama went to Harvard, became editor of the Harvard Law Review after his first year (then president the year after) and graduated Magna Cum Laude. Which would mean he placed top of his class...

he already corrected himself. These are political topics so im sure information might not be as easy to come as say this was 20 years in the future. Mud politics

Um, it was a response to another user. I didn't bring up anything, I was replying to someone concerning Trump-Obama. And you seemed to be really confused on what I meant by "does it matter where he (as in BUSH!) went?". I brought up Bush in response to you calling me an idiot for believing people can get into schools with poor performance. But for some reason you felt it was important to note that he went to Yale, not Harvard, when the only point being made was that people get into prestigious colleges all the time with poor performance because of either money or people they know (or because, in some situations, being apart of a minority) and that should Obama really have gotten poor grades, attending Harvard is really questionable (again, I conceded to being wrong about the grades some replies ago). But you were so ready to fly off the handle you couldn't take the extra minute to read what you were replying to and realize what I was discussing with another person.

You don't see any connection because you read something and completely misunderstood it...blackadder was talking about the differences between Trump and Obama, with Trump being paid for and I all I said was that Obama didn't really earn his place any differently than Trump.

I didn't miss your "major point", I just didn't feel the need to direct it. It is obvious Politicians are idiots. Why argue it? I'm glad we agree on that though! :lol:

Not quite sure where you got your information, but Obama went to Harvard, became editor of the Harvard Law Review after his first year (then president the year after) and graduated Magna Cum Laude. Which would mean he placed top of his class...

I said where I got it, from one of his Professors. I believe his last name was Aaron, or something like that. But then blackadder said something about high school grades...I had mixed the performances up apparently. :blush:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I said where I got it, from one of his Professors. I believe his last name was Aaron, or something like that. But then blackadder said something about high school grades...I had mixed the performances up apparently. :blush:

Must have missed it, carry on then! :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Couple of things.  Trump doesn't care about the american people.  He cares about himself and his rich friends.  This is not a good thing.

Second, who cares if obama got a "undeserved" spot in school.  He became the president.  Somehow I doubt the other guy was going to do the same.

Third, who cares if he did some drugs in the past.  SO HAS LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

i also may be wrong another poster saod he got honors in high school. He did get a few degrees so he may have messed around later. Im in love with physics not politics.

Couple of things.  Trump doesn't care about the american people.  He cares about himself and his rich friends.  This is not a good thing.

Second, who cares if obama got a "undeserved" spot in school.  He became the president.  Somehow I doubt the other guy was going to do the same.

Third, who cares if he did some drugs in the past.  SO HAS LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE.

1. What tells you he doesn't care about the American people? CNN? MSNBC?
  2. It matters because if he had gotten that spot due to money or people he knew, it removed the chance for someone who deserved it but also because he'd be an idiot. A big one. And a liar and cheater. We don't want those values in our president....but even worse than that we got a murderer who lies and cheats for his own gain, so I guess we all got screwed either way.
  3. I don't think drugs make him a bad person. Cocaine was a seriously stupid thing to do, but weed? Not so much...

Understandable. This thread is moving pretty quickly. haha

If he cared for the american people his employees would making living wages and they would sing accolades from the rooftops.

It's not like every other president ever hasn't been the cause of untold numbers of wartime deaths.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Um, it was a response to another user. I didn't bring up anything, I was replying to someone concerning Trump-Obama. And you seemed to be really confused on what I meant by "does it matter where he (as in BUSH!) went?". I brought up Bush in response to you calling me an idiot for believing people can get into schools with poor performance. But for some reason you felt it was important to note that he went to Yale, not Harvard, when the only point being made was that people get into prestigious colleges all the time with poor performance because of either money or people they know (or because, in some situations, being apart of a minority) and that should Obama really have gotten poor grades, attending Harvard is really questionable (again, I conceded to being wrong about the grades some replies ago). But you were so ready to fly off the handle you couldn't take the extra minute to read what you were replying to and realize what I was discussing with another person.

What I was saying was that George H.W. Bush went to Yale... Same place George W. Bush went.

And through all of this I don't see any evidence as to why Obama didn't work his way into college as that seems to be where this originated...

As @Blade of Grass said he graduated with Magna cum Laude honors... That's top honors.

You seem to be obsessed with the idea that he took some other deserving person's spot...

If he cared for the american people his employees would making living wages and they would sing accolades from the rooftops.

It's not like every other president ever hasn't been the cause of untold numbers of wartime deaths.

By those standards hardly anyone at all cares. And living wages? Show me how much his employees make that makes it so "unlivable" by the standards of what they are owed for their work. No really, please share.

Oh, so that makes what Obama is doing right? All of the children burned alive or blown to pieces to get one or two "terrorists"? Gotcha.

What I was saying was that George H.W. Bush went to Yale... Same place George W. Bush went.

And through all of this I don't see any evidence as to why Obama didn't work his way into college as that seems to be where this originated...

Please read the posts above yours. There is no reason to continue this...

I like Donald Trump based on the fact that he pisses everyone off. It's funny to watch. 

Seriously, though, he is so unpolitically correct that he may be a good president. I highly doubt that he will be elected, though.

Please read the posts above yours. There is no reason to continue this...

Yeah because this seems beyond debate for you.

Yeah because this seems beyond debate for you.

No, because you can't seem to read or acquire context.

No, because you can't seem to read or acquire context.

I can read perfectly and have acquired an understanding that there is no point continuing this argument. 

Again that describes every elected official in Washington DC

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Something I find ironic is that despite all this backlash (which I think he deserves)

My local news (not fox whatsoever) says that Trump is pretty high in the polls, I think 1st or 2nd.

Now I don't know where they got that, the interviewers got the data from a bunch of dumbasses, or that info was incorrect or not, but if that accurately represents the US, I have no choice but to BELIEVE, THAT VOTERS ARE ABSOLUTE MORONS.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!