Right to destroy drones coming..

jos

Haha.

I was just thinking it would probably be quite easy to implement some sort of emergency protocol system into the manufacture of drones, so that emergency aircraft can just emit a signal and cause all drones within 1-2km to land. Instead of training fire and police to shoot drones out of the sky.

Safer? absolutely.

Easier? I doubt it. Shotguns are wildly commonplace in the US, extremely cheap and drones in emergency areas tend to be staying fairly still recording what is going on. They would be easy targets.

FWIW my post was in jest, not a serious suggestion. :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I do, because some people really need to mature.

i think people who use ad hominems are immature because people are going to disagree with you get used to it

Safer? absolutely.

Easier? I doubt it. Shotguns are wildly commonplace in the US, extremely cheap and drones in emergency areas tend to be staying fairly still recording what is going on. They would be easy targets.

FWIW my post was in jest, not a serious suggestion. :P

Haha, aye I know it was in jest. But in fairness, that's kinda what they mean by "immunity to any emergency responder who damages an unmanned aircraft in the course of firefighting, air ambulance, or search-and-rescue operations.”

They're talking about shooting them down, right?

i think people who use ad hominems are immature because people are going to disagree with you get used to it

Because that's what makes someone disagree with you.  :rolleyes:

No valve to prevent the flame from sucking back up into the tank + not wanting to die a fiery death.

It's easy enough to install one.

That is so stupid, dangerous and illegal... yet so fun...

*Inner pyromania intensifies*

Maybe illegal where you live. Technically, in the US, no federal law exists stating that you cannot own or use a flame thrower. Although some states have obviously adopted their own laws against them, as well as potato guns (which is just fucking stupid, it's a potato gun ffs)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Haha, aye I know it was in jest. But in fairness, that's kinda what they mean by "immunity to any emergency responder who damages an unmanned aircraft in the course of firefighting, air ambulance, or search-and-rescue operations.”

They're talking about shooting them down, right?

From what I understand, yes. I have seen a video of firefighters shooting down a drone with a fire hose though, so a shotgun is probably not exactly what they had in mind. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Maybe illegal where you live. Technically, in the US, no federal law exists stating that you cannot own or use a flame thrower. Although some states have obviously adopted their own laws against them, as well as potato guns (which is just fucking stupid, it's a potato gun ffs)

I don't actually know if this is illegal where I am (probably is, but most people would do it in remote areas, like cottages and such... "It's not a crime if you don't get caught" and all... :lol: ), but safety is questionable.

Still though, looks fun.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

No valve to prevent the flame from sucking back up into the tank + not wanting to die a fiery death.

Why not?

If you're going to die might as well do it in a blaze of glory.

Or stupidity.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

s-l1000.jpg

You were saying? That is a S1000+ carrying a RED Epic, which can be fitted and controlled with whatever long range zoom lens you care to mount onto it. The S1000 itself has a range of...a lot...and is exceptionally stable. It too can hover at helicopter ranges to get footage.

So all this "DAE DEATH TO DRONES" hysteria is pretty pathetic and sad. A lot of misinformed people using it as a chance to strike down against most users who have the common sense not to fly over populated areas and highways in the first place.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is? People that fly drones safely, with like $10,000 camera rigs, far away from the action, aren't the problem. Firefighters are not just going to whip out a shotgun and blow your drone out of the sky randomly for no reason.

Your post doesn't seem to have any relevant point. Perhaps you can clarify?

The ONLY point of this legislation is to be able to disable or destroy drones that are interfering with an emergency situation. Those drone pilots are directly risking people's lives. If you're keeping your drone at a safe distance, then there is no risk.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

How much you want to bet at least half of those drones were news stations...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

last year this guy parked in a firehydrant and a fire brokeout in the building across the street. firefighters came and just broke both windows on the car (driver & passanger) and ran the hoes through the car to plug it into the hydrant. needless to say, firefighters were in the right. they even attempted to call a towtruck and they gave him a 15mins wait time. 15mins is enough for that fire to spread into neighboring business' and apartments.

so, I support this.

In Iowa firemen don't bother to break windows or wait for a tow, they just plow the vehicle out of the way with their Firetruck. Vehicle owner gets a fine and has to replace the vehicle him/herself. That is what they get for parking in a red zone.

*edit - they will even do it to police cars. (video was not taken in Iowa)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Basic question here. I think people should be able to destroy drones if they impede public services / endanger lives / or are on someone's property, but how can you even "destroy a drone" safely?

You take the gun route? Drones are in the air, your bullets fly into the air. Unless you're a marksman using a single shot rifle and hit it with one round, people are going to miss, and those bullets are going to keep traveling until they land.

Falling rounds are not lethal, been proven many times. They fall at the same rate anything else does, the fact they are fired from a gun makes no difference. Same myth that a penny will kill you if dropped from a building.

Also most shotguns have a 150-200 ft range that the round or pellets are lethal, falling rounds from a shotgun wont hurt anyone falling back down after being shot as the round cant travel high enough up to hit terminal velocity during the fall.

Falling penny -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R_5rpXW7RE

Falling bullets -

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

um im hoping its less radioactive than the waste from nuclear reactors

Its called 'depleted' for a reason.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Even rocks give away radiation

Even humans give away ionizing radiation. The numbers are so small though, that people should not care about it.

And it's unfortunate how so many people think that electromagnetic radiation is nothing but ionizing radiation (which is only röntgen and gamma radiations, and a portion of ultraviolet radiation). I'm not saying you do, but it gets old when people forget (or don't realize) that there is non-ionizing radiation too, like visible light, infrared etc., and that too much of anything is dangerous / fatal.

Not sure if we should thank fear mongering news or lack of basic physics education for that generalization (that "all radiation is bad"), possibly the former.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

That's disrupting people's work and an emergency, preventing it from being dealt with. The fire could have been stopped sooner, I think that's appropriate.

Banana people banana.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

u just know that there will be that one guy that gonna armor plate his drone just to see what happens

wouldnt a better idea be a directional jammer (2.4ghz) which is a wifi signal

Most "drones" (rc multirotors) have a failsafe with gps built in so it won't immediately take it down, it will usually fly back to where it took off. So that would be a non violent way to make them fly away. I think that would be a good idea, then you could see who was flying it and give them a fine.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Most "drones" (rc multirotors) have a failsafe with gps built in so it won't immediately take it down, it will usually fly back to where it took off. So that would be a non violent way to make them fly away. I think that would be a good idea, then you could see who was flying it and give them a fine.

yeah i know which make it a GREAT idea

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Most drones can fly home automatically, right? Can't there be a standardised system that activates this when an emergency aircraft gets in range? I mean, if it becomes necessary to destroy a drone, then by all means do, but they're not exactly cheap and I wouldn't want to be the guy who destroyed the drone that then fell on someone's head.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I can't tell if this is real, or if its a Photoshop. because it's amazing but very concerning at the same time.

That pricing

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Most drones can fly home automatically, right? Can't there be a standardised system that activates this when an emergency aircraft gets in range? I mean, if it becomes necessary to destroy a drone, then by all means do, but they're not exactly cheap and I wouldn't want to be the guy who destroyed the drone that then fell on someone's head.

Bruce from RCModelReviews is apparently developing a collision avoidance system for RC's. Shame that his local Aviation authority doesn't let him fly at his airfield slowing his development :(

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

That will work for an off the shelf drone with no modifications, but many drone enthusiasts spend quite a bit of money on custom Flight Controllers, and many other things.

Jamming the signal might work, forcing a "Return to Home". Or it might just go into Hover mode. Or it might just lose control and smash into the ground (which gets it out of the way, but in a totally uncontrolled manner).

Not to mention that this would mean outfitting every Police/Fire/Ambulance service in the country out with Wireless Signal Jammers. Who the hell's gonna pay for that? These people can already get easy and quick access to a gun.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)