XBox One will support keyboard and mouse

GoodBytes

In a discussion on Twitter, Microsoft head of XBox devision Phil Spencer, says that the XBox One will soon support Keyboard and Mouse.

Full quote:

The discussion refers in the ability to stream PC games to the XBox One, which was something that Microsoft hinted in working on, well, looking into it, last year with the reveal of XBox One to any Windows 10 powered PC feature.

It is still unknown, and to be honest doubtful, that you can actually play XBox One games with a keyboard and mouse, but assuming you can, this will make the gaming console closer to a PC than ever before. It won't be the first console however with keyboard and mouse, the Sega Dreamcast did, with its revolutionary, and too a head of its time, online gaming experience feature, but not for gaming, but rather offer the ability to surf the web on the console.

Source: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2015/07/22/xbox-one-keyboard-mouse-support/1

holy balls that would be awesome, even if just for navigation 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well, the xbox 360 at least supported Keyboards for typing and for text, but this feature eh? This feature is actually quite awesome, GO XBOX! 

*shudder* oh god... I've not said that since my CoD days...

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

But but, muh pc master race

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Interesting. I assume Xbox games will not support this feature, but streaming from a powerful PC might work. Although I would rather build a HTPC, thats not too bad of an option.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Hmm, that gives me some want to pick up an Xbox One. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

As long as the developers will support it. Most games I assume are optimized for controller and don't see this being a very popular feature but of course this doesn't hurt to be added.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

This if games supported it competitive would be very interesting

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

In a discussion on Twitter, Microsoft head of XBox devision Phil Spencer, says that the XBox One will soon support Keyboard and Mouse.

Full quote:

The discussion refers in the ability to stream PC games to the XBox One, which was something that Microsoft hinted in working on, well, looking into it, last year with the reveal of XBox One to any Windows 10 powered PC feature.

It is still unknown, and to be honest doubtful, that you can actually play XBox One games with a keyboard and mouse, but assuming you can, this will make the gaming console closer to a PC than ever before. It won't be the first console however with keyboard and mouse, the Sega Dreamcast did, with its revolutionary, and too a head of its time, online gaming experience feature, but not for gaming, but rather offer the ability to surf the web on the console.

Source: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2015/07/22/xbox-one-keyboard-mouse-support/1

I don't have an xbox, but it sounds likes microsoft is improving them alot through software updates.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

Consoles are becoming just locked down PCs. This re-enforces the thought that this might be the last generation for consoles as we know them.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I hope this will open up Cross platform PC - Conslow again. I only know 3 people with PCs everyone else is Xbone or PS4, mostly Xbone.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

As long as the developers will support it. Most games I assume are optimized for controller and don't see this being a very popular feature but of course this doesn't hurt to be added.

since most games also get a pc version they will have to add the support for M+KB anyways. this way they can just ad it to the xbox version and hopefully lead to better optimization.

Consoles are becoming just locked down PCs. This re-enforces the thought that this might be the last generation for consoles as we know them.

They've been locked down PC's since they started using discs.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They've been locked down PC's since they started using discs.

100% agree.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I know the whole "PC Master Race blah blah" thing but seriously I buy consoles for exclusive titles and for that this is big news to me if games support it. Halo 5 with M&KB.....awesome.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

since most games also get a pc version they will have to add the support for M+KB anyways. this way they can just ad it to the xbox version and hopefully lead to peter optimization.

Hopefully, hopefully one day consoles will be replaced by pc and there won't be problems will game releases.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

I know the whole "PC Master Race blah blah" thing but seriously I buy consoles for exclusive titles and for that this is big news to me if games support it. Halo 5 with M&KB.....awesome.

Congratulations, you financially support the problem, and seem to be proud of it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Cross-platform please!

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Now I'm waiting for Sony to catch up to this one

Superb. Now console players can use K&B instead of paying a lot for an equivalent PC.