Hackers Threaten to Expose 37 Million Cheating AshleyMadison Users

Nineshadow

1348995559624160655.jpg

AshleyMadison—tagline “Life Is Short. Have An Affair”—is an online site that facilitates cheating among its 37 million users. It’s a service founded on confidentiality and privacy, which now seems to have all of its data in the hands of hackers. They’re demanding the company take down the site, or they’re going to out a lot of adulterers.

The hackers, going by the name “The Impact Team,” posted a small sample of sensitive data (since taken offline) stolen from Avid Life Media, the company that owns AshleyMadison, along with other hookup sites Cougar Life and Established Men. The data was accompanied by a statement, demanding the takedown of AshleyMadison and Established Men. If that doesn’t happen, the hackers are threatening to leak the full details—names, addresses, sexual fantasies—of AshleyMadison’s 37 million users.

Speaking to security blog KrebsOnSecurity, ALM Chief Executive Noel Biderman confirmed the hack, condemned the “criminal act,” and said the company was working hard to have the data taken down.
1348995559803502223.png

The Impact Team’s beef with Avid seems to lie with the Full Delete feature offered by AshleyMadison—a $19 service that allows users of the site to erase their profile, and all accompanying information. According to The Impact Team, that service is a lie—it claims that although profile information is removed, credit card details, including real name and billing address—remain online.

That frames the hackers as the good guys, campaigning against a lying company; of course, a trove of personal information, including credit card details, can be worth serious money to the right people.

It goes without saying that this is about the worst data leak imaginable—not only does it have the usual problems of identity fraud, but if the full list of AshleyMadison’s users hits the internet, that’s a lot of adulterers outed.

SOURCE

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let's see how it's going to turn out!

j4seZjQ.gif

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

God damnit, now I have to explain to my wife why someone on Bulgeria is using our credit card.

I can't really she how releasing peoples personal data will help the hackers course in any way.

They have already shown that the company is lying to their customers. What good does releasing sensivete information do?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

This is actually fucking awesome

TrevorPhilips-GTA5.png

serves them right for cheating and now getting caught. i hope they are exposed.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

How long does the company have before the hackers leak all the info?

Taran should run for president!

it’s unclear how much of the AshleyMadison user account data has been posted online. For now, it appears the hackers have published a relatively small percentage of AshleyMadison user account data and are planning to publish more for each day the company stays online.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

it’s unclear how much of the AshleyMadison user account data has been posted online. For now, it appears the hackers have published a relatively small percentage of AshleyMadison user account data and are planning to publish more for each day the company stays online.

Thanks over read that I like just woke up xD

Even if you dont agree with what people use the website for, still leaking their info is horrible. 

Sorry, I have my own opinion and reasons why I think it should be leaked.

I'd rather get hit with hard truth than live a lie...

Yeah lying ain't cool especially when it's adultery. Serves them right

1348995559624160655.jpg

AshleyMadison—tagline “Life Is Short. Have An Affair”—is an online site that facilitates cheating among its 37 million users. It’s a service founded on confidentiality and privacy, which now seems to have all of its data in the hands of hackers. They’re demanding the company take down the site, or they’re going to out a lot of adulterers.

The hackers, going by the name “The Impact Team,” posted a small sample of sensitive data (since taken offline) stolen from Avid Life Media, the company that owns AshleyMadison, along with other hookup sites Cougar Life and Established Men. The data was accompanied by a statement, demanding the takedown of AshleyMadison and Established Men. If that doesn’t happen, the hackers are threatening to leak the full details—names, addresses, sexual fantasies—of AshleyMadison’s 37 million users.

Speaking to security blog KrebsOnSecurity, ALM Chief Executive Noel Biderman confirmed the hack, condemned the “criminal act,” and said the company was working hard to have the data taken down.

Im betting somwhere now there are several men fretting hoping their wife wont find out :P

glad we live in a world where solving a looked down act with an illegal act is okay. 

If the hackers are somehow looking at this they should make a website where a user can type in someone's name and see if they were on this site instead of just leaking the info on like pastebin.

glad we live in a world where solving a looked down act with an illegal act is okay. 

I never said I approved of the method they were using.

And it's not like there is a legal way to find out. It's not like the justice system works, it works in the favor of those who manipulate it.

But I guess in the 21st century a vow means very little and people forget the "till death do us part". :)

I bet lawyers/solicitors around the world are like:
Hm3ZMI68o17os.gif

Shortly followed by:
tumblr_inline_nq792tw6Ss1qdd23b_500.gif

I think it serves those people good for cheating and if they believe the internet to be a safe place for their information... sadly they should think again.

00bdbed7e6fb975eab4a07f5c83e64a1.jpg81d6e812475a81d34b193441b40c8908.jpg

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I bet lawyers/solicitors around the world are like:

Shortly followed by:

With the exception of lawyers/solicitors who used AshleyMadison themselves :P.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

With the exception of lawyers/solicitors who used AshleyMadison themselves :P.

Which I'm guessing is a lot of them! :D

Don't cheat don't get your shit leaked online simple as that 

Oh no,they will expose me and my darling Amanda.How dare they!How i will explain it to my girlfriend?

The grey line of releasing the members' names is one thing, but releasing their personal and financial info is another. That's a line that should pretty much never be encouraged to cross. :/

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

The person after having their info leaked...

giphy.gif

"We will build a firewall, the firewall will work, the firewall will be successful and if you don't think firewalls work all you have to do is ask Yahoo"