MSI's Z170 Krait

jos

11010944_991183874235690_276219053879742 

It is an ATX motherboard with four memory slots, three PCI-Express x16 slots (one of which is clearly wired to only eight lanes, three PCI-Express x1 slots), and an old-school PCI slot. Additionally, there are six SATA 6 Gb/s slots, two of which are reserved for a SATA-Express connector that should be good for 16 Gb/s. The board has MSI’s Audio Boost 3.0 chip aboard, which sits on a separate part of the board to minimize interference, and it has a clear white line acting as a trace path to show the separation. Additionally, below the left VRM heatsink is a chip with red text on it. it appears to be a Killer networking adapter. Topping it off, but what’s become somewhat of an expectation on today's boards, is an M.2 slot

looks too good to be a midranger..

Source:  http://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-z170-krait-motherboard-tease,29568.html

Yea... Msi rock'in that design  ;)

Except when it comes to trying to plug things into a motherboard in a case without lighting. Black isn't the best colour, but once it's in, it looks great. Saying that, some ports are white, and that will really help!

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Loved the previous krait board this one looks good too.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Looks good! 

I am not a huge fan of a black and white color scheme but it still looks good.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yaay krait :D

I love the new design already saw it somewhere:)

The only thing that bothers me is that the white decals / stripes give it a kind of

"racecar" look wich i dont like i liked the minimalistic design more

And also the reinforced PCI-E slots will look damn nice in white :D

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Love the design.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  I hope they eventually have a higher end version of the Krait to be a balls to the wall board like an EVGA Classified, ASrock Extreme 9/Fatality, Gigabyte G1, or an Asus ROG board.  I know they have the MSI Gaming series of balls to the wall boards, but the Krait is so beautiful that it deserves it's own heavy duty board.  Would definitely sway me over to team MSI.

NOW THIS IS SEXY

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I need this.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Still find the name weird.... Krait...... I say it as crate

Yeah. I dislike MSI for reasons that are evident on almost every board. Look at the grouping of SATA ports in the picture.

Look where they are.

Now try and fit a long GPU there and have a drive plugged in.

Every. Damn. Time.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

When are rhese suppose to be realssed? The skylake cpu's and z170 motherboards?

really dislike that they are using  the name krait

reminds me qualcomm

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yeah. I dislike MSI for reasons that are evident on almost every board. Look at the grouping of SATA ports in the picture.

Look where they are.

Now try and fit a long GPU there and have a drive plugged in.

Every. Damn. Time.

It's dumb, but not uncommon with midrange and budget boards. It's not that hard to work around. I did it for years when SATA was new and don't get me started on some of the horrible placements I've seen on IDE connectors.

Except when it comes to trying to plug things into a motherboard in a case without lighting. Black isn't the best colour, but once it's in, it looks great. Saying that, some ports are white, and that will really help!

Yea, I can agree to that. But then again all motherboards are darker in colour  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Knew I should have waited, literally just bought the Z97 chipset. Doh!

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black

That's beautiful....other than the red audio boost... 

Unfortunately for anyone who wants one, it looks like it's not going to follow it's older brother's pricing....but instead be quite a bit more (I'm guessing $150-$180)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

So they can afford metal structured pci-e slots, but not angled SATA ports? Yeah have fun plugging in any drives with a dual graphics card system *facepalm the size of a foam hand*

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

AsRock's Z170 Extreme7 is still a lot classier, but this is way closer to it than that horrible Godlike piece of shit lol.

I also dislike the PCIe shroud a lot. MSi pls stahp.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.