Best Brand for GTX 970

SpaceJunglerX

Hi guys, as the title says, which brand do you pref? What are the pros and cons of it?

I'm deciding between:

EVGA FTW ACX 2.0

MSI Gaming 4G

GIGABYTE Gaming G1

ASUS Strix

I've read a lot of forums, none of them gave me the pros and cons, I really don't know what/how to choose..

Notice that i DON'T want to overclock.

Cheers, SJX

CPU:i5 4460 3.2GHz GPU:Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB MOBO:AsRock H87 Pro4 RAM:Corsair Vengance 1866 8GB CASE:Corsair Carbide 100R PSU:Chieftec 650W AS-650CB HD: WD 1TB MONITOR: Samsung 24' 1080p TV and MONITOR 

I want to say EVGA, only because of how solid of a warranty and service that they have.

If you don't want to overclock just buy the cheapest.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

EVGA all the way

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Hi guys, as the title says, which brand do you pref? What are the pros and cons of it?

I'm deciding between:

EVGA FTW ACX 2.0

MSI Gaming 4G

GIGABYTE Gaming G1

ASUS Strix

I've read a lot of forums, none of them gave me the pros and cons, I really don't know what/how to choose..

Cheers, SJX

Don't want to overclock?  Then it doesn't matter cos they are all equal.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The EVGA card has the best warranty and is pretty quiet, but doesn't perform as well. The MSI card is extremely quiet and performs decently. The gigabyte card performs very well, though is a bit louder. The Asus card is decently quiet, though doesn't perform that well.

I'm deciding between:

EVGA FTW ACX 2.0

MSI Gaming 4G

GIGABYTE Gaming G1

ASUS Strix

Cheers, SJX

msi gaming 4g is usually considered the best with an awesome cooler, great customer support, general quietness and finally quality components.

evga and gigabyte are probably next

with the asus card having supposedly the most coil whine and finally the most reviews of sagging 

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Asus is the last one I would consider since they sag and have been reported to coil whine.

if you're not overclocking then get the cheapest one....

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

why not. its super simple

Yeah especially with this 900 series.... Like a reference 970 i have gets 1525 boost @75C with 45% fan speed in valley

I'm deciding between:

EVGA FTW ACX 2.0

MSI Gaming 4G

GIGABYTE Gaming G1

ASUS Strix

Cheers, SJX

Here's a better way of putting this, if you do not plan to overclock get quietest card. I think its the MSi gaming one, don't really remember.

So the Gigabyte Gaming G1 is the cheapest for me atm, I guess I'll decide between EVGA and Gigabyte, I really give a lot on the looks.. 

How about the difference between: 

EVGA FTW ACX

EVGA SuperSuperClocked ACX

EVGA SuperClocked ACX

Only the base MHz right?

More MHz = better preformance?

Thanks alot for help, really appreciate! 

SJX

CPU:i5 4460 3.2GHz GPU:Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB MOBO:AsRock H87 Pro4 RAM:Corsair Vengance 1866 8GB CASE:Corsair Carbide 100R PSU:Chieftec 650W AS-650CB HD: WD 1TB MONITOR: Samsung 24' 1080p TV and MONITOR 

If you are getting the EVGA FTW, make sure you get the FTW+ (part number 04G-P4-3978-KR) and not the older FTW.  The + is the only difference in the name and is easy to miss.  Both are ACX 2.0.  The FTW+ is slightly shorter and has improved cooling.

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10

So the Gigabyte Gaming G1 is the cheapest for me atm, I guess I'll decide between EVGA and Gigabyte, I really give a lot on the looks.. 

EVGA FTW ACX

EVGA SuperClocked ACX

Only the base MHz right?

SJX

Whichever has the highest clock speed should be the one you get since you aren't overclocking.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I guess I'll go with Gigabyte Gaming G1 because It is 400€ in my country.

I need to get over it because it has no backplate but w/e.

Thanks Guys! 

EVGA FTW ACX

EVGA SuperClocked ACX

Only the base MHz right?

SJX

If you plan on overclocking, the Gigabyte G1 being cheaper should make your decision, get that.

For the EVGA cards, the main difference is just the base MHz.  There are a couple exceptions though.  The FTW has a backplate which helps with card sag, also, in March or April, they released two new updates of the FTW and the SSC with ACX 2.0+ (+ is important) that has quieter fans, better heat syncs, better power delivery for overclocking and included support for lighting their SLI bridge (none of the other EVGA 970s are capable of making the EVGA SLI bridge light go on).

More MHz = better performance? Is true but this gets complicated when you start overclocking.  When overclocking, the power delivery system, efficiency of the fans/heatsync and silicon lottery (the quality of the exact chip you get) matter way more than the base MHz you buy.  For overclocking the Gigabyte G1 is the best, followed by the EVGA FTW+, however, you can get lucky and get a really good chip in an MSI or ASUS that can overclock better than most Gigabytes, completely luck of the draw though.

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10

I guess I'll go with Gigabyte Gaming G1 because It is 400€ in my country.

I need to get over it because it has no backplate but w/e.

Thanks Guys! 

i have 2, they both have backplates M8!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

400€ are quite a bit. where do you live?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

I've seen, I would consider buying it, If it was available in my country. I can't really order parts from abroad because of shipping problems.

400€ are quite a bit. where do you live?

I live in Slovenia. 

Here's the link: http://www.agt.si/racunalniska-oprema/graficnekartice/gigabyte-geforce-gtx970-wf3-oc.html