Internet from House to "Mancave"

So baaaaasically me and my friend often hang out in our studio/mancave but the main issue is the Wifi/Internet connection right now is appalling.

The current setup is: Modem and router in the study inside the house, and a wifi extender that sits on the framing shown in the photo below (halfway between the studio and the router) when we wanna hang in the studio

We've tried using Ethernet through Power but unfortunately the studio isn't on the same power circuit as the house

To the left is the mancave and to the right the house

So my question to you folks is how would you go about getting decent internet without running a long ass Ethernet cable from the one place to the other?

hzItTWn.jpg

Fiber? directional wi-fi antennas?

Running a long-ass ethernet cable is the only reliable way imo... at least, without encountering too much latency...

run the ethernet cable in a protective conduit..underground

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Just really long Ethernet runs, there shouldn't be that much latency problems if any at all

Firstly, cut down the dead trees....secondly, why is you "studio/mancave" higher than your home, is it a tree house..i mean tree studio/mancave? :lol:

To solve your problem, you can bridge two or more routers but i think the long ass ethernet cable would be better for a more steady interweb.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Just run the cable, it's not that complicated. Run a thin wire rope across the two buildings and ethernet cable supported on that.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Firstly, cut down the dead trees....secondly, why is you "studio/mancave" higher than your home, is it a tree house..i mean tree studio/mancave? :lol:

To solve your problem, you can bridge two or more routers but i think the long ass ethernet cable would be better for a more steady interweb.

This isn't LinusGardeningTips (They're not dead). Because the house is built on a hill. 

run the ethernet cable in a protective conduit..underground

Only problem with that is drilling a hole in the side of the house. Unless we run it under the house through the floor (just realized that's a possibility)

Only problem with that is drilling a hole in the side of the house. Unless we run it under the house through the floor (just realized that's a possibility)

can drill the hole with a concrete dill bit

then use silicone to fill in around the hole

ive done then before on clients places

Well you know as well as me a wire is the most reliable solution and probably the best one.

It will be a lot of work probably, but do yourself a favour and just put one underground.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Push a Ethernet cable through a garden hose and put it underground.

umm no

they have proper plastic conduit

would there be an issue with the insulation on a standard Ethernet cable if you were to run in underground or would it be okay? 

Try to get a special ethernet wire that is more rigid than normal ethernet wires. 

This one for example has a thicker rubber around the wires to make it more durable and to make t more suiteable to be placed underground

http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Waterproof-Ethernet-Shielded-Connectors/dp/B002L7M4ZY

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

okay so it's clear that a big ass Ethernet cable is the way to go, our only issue from there is putting it through a hole in a wall (plaster, insulation then brick I do believe) and then cleaning it up so that it doesn't look ugly af...

would there be an issue with the insulation on a standard Ethernet cable if you were to run in underground or would it be okay? @samcool55 @techguru @ZetZet @Leonard @Soplias

Once the cable does not get cut or broken and then wet, it will be fine. Now there is outdoor ehternet cables but they are expensive IMO and not really worth it as the normal cable sheathing is water proof already and the rj45 jacks will be inside you home.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Fiber fiber fiber

Cat5 would be fine, but susceptible to interference & lightning

Wireless range extenders are junk and you're already dealing with half-duplex with your current setup

Buy a few 10' sections of 1/2" PVC and some couplings, a long ass Ethernet cable (preferably one with radio interference reducing sleeving), and a switch. Dig trench place PVC with Ethernet inside, cover trench, connect from router to switch, and from switch to devices in 'man cave'.

Boom.

The correct way to do it would be Ethernet cable through underground conduit (I would install a switch in the out-building so that you only need the one Ethernet cable) Make it a cat6 by the way. You would need a hammer-drill to get through the wall, dig a trench for the conduit (I've never done one up-hill before, not sure how that would go) and don't forget silicon + spray-foam insulation to seal the holes. You could also hire an electrician to do all this for you professionally. 

You may already have a conduit between the two building since they already have power, in which case it's just a matter of feeding a new cable through the existing conduit. If the two building have independent power source however, you could always get a second internet service, whether or not that's worth the cost would be up to you.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F