Most LTT fans are immature kids.

TheRisingMyth

4chan maintained the production of internet culture. It was built long before 4chan came along.

Same could probably be said for hacktivism.

You're right, I should of guest said Chans

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I'm sure if the guy was actually good at doing the whole unboxing and overview, it would have good like/dislike ratio.

I disagree, I think it would have gotten around the same like/dislike ratio even if the overview was good. People dislike because it's not Linus in front of the camera,  and instead of leaving a friendly suggestion like hey I didn't enjoy this video because x, y and z, they verbally attack the new guy. Such is life I guess. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the video was good, what I am trying to say is that most of the people commented were irrational and mean just because he is a "hipster" and an "Apple fanboy".

CPU: i5 4670K, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB, GPU: Asus 280X, Case: Fractal Design XLR2, SSD: 840 evo 120GB, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate, PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

4chan maintained the production of internet culture. It was built long before 4chan came along.

Same could probably be said for hacktivism.

http://thehacktivist.com/whatishacktivism.pdf

01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101000 01100101 01100001 01110010

@ Welcome to the Internet, you must be new here!

It's how it works. Keyboard warriors, virgins that have not seen the light of day in years, getting all of their selfesteem through the imaginary affiliation with Linus. And some white-knight-ism.

Well thanks !

Nah seriously, i'm aware of all this stuff, unjustified dislikes have been a concern for me for a while...

But ths time, they really crossed the line that i've set for myself trying not to care enough about this problem.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

There are 100s of people doing unboxings of computer parts on YouTube. As much as I appreciate that they all share their opinions and all of that, I like Linus' style most out of all of them, and so do a lot of other people. Yes the video is good but it's just not the same... it's not what many people subscribed for and so they will dislike the video. Not because the video it self is bad but because they don't enjoy it.

People need to realise you can unsubscribe to a channel if you don't like the path it is taking. Once you subscribe, it doesnt mean you are married to the channel forever, learn to let go without being a sour dude/girl. You can dislike a video and see that it is good for others. Its like Facebook, you can unfriend someone that is shitty.

Check out the like/dislike ratio.

What's wrong with these kids ? Disliking a video just because Linus isn't in it ? Hello ! It's called NCIX Tech Tips, not Linus NCIX Tech Tips...

Seriously, when i think about the large audience that Linus managed to get, it seems that a good majority of them are immature kids willing to do their best in order to hate on every new guy/concept.

I know i'm going to get bashed after publishing this topic, i don't know about you but the video was good and there was nothing wrong about it compared to others already done on the channel.

It.s the APPLE fanboy, what do you expect?  :D

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Sadly I'll have to agree. Alot of users here are blind followers of Linus. What he says is stone and anything that diverges is up for attack. In terms of the guy in the video he was alright. He was probably uncomfortable in front of the camera or because it was a different situation of which he was unaccustomed to. In time he will improve. Look at Linus' older videos, they were arguably much worse when he started

A lot of " awesome"  doesn't seem the same, but its not bad. Don't know why you assume a giant raid of kids did it all though.

Agrees with OP.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

They heard mac and instantly clicked dislike.

I need a USB-refrigerator for my beer

• 3 weeks later...

From one side its like the band playing after rolling stones... but from the other side the guys are trying to do their job and so what if they are not linus.. they don't deserve all the negativity

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

It is because Linus is a child lover that he gets so many young viewers... He is just so accessable and no swearing and all, parents can let their kids watch Linus so they don't need a babysit.

Jk, Linus brings content for all ages but a large audience always means more probability of rotten apples, who might also be more vocal than other members of the audience.

k

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

I haven't found a single reasonable excuse for someone to dislike the new workers at ncix, I find them pretty fly and you could consider me as one of those immature kids. I try to be as mature as I can on these forums and YouTube comment section. I do think that it is okay to dislike a video as it is their opinion, but I do think their hate is a bit irrational.

Back from the dead....

probs because linus was on it for so long and he is good at unboxings just like tigerdirect i remember people always saying we want logan back u know its kind of like when u watch a movie and it was good then they bring out a sequel and it has different people from the first one it just ruins it no matter how good it is it can always be better with the original cast and its not going to be good unless it does. 

He still works for them...

Linus does not work for NCIX, and after a discussion I had earlier with Linus himself, this is partly the mistake of NCIX, although the comments on these are unacceptable at times.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

He seems very unprofessional and doesn't know that much. Also he doesn't give me my LinusPackagingTips :(

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

The problem isn't the LTT community, it's the YouTube community. 98% of the community on here are just genuine tech fans who like Linus' and Slick's style and want to create a decent, helpful, friendly community. Luckily enough, most of the immature people don't bother to come here. It's a shame you felt the need to troll the forum with a deliberately provocative title, especially given the irony of your own immaturity and the fact you are a 17-year-old kid. 

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

The problem isn't the LTT community, it's the YouTube community. 98% of the community on here are just genuine tech fans who like Linus' and Slick's style and want to create a decent, helpful, friendly community. Luckily enough, most of the immature people don't bother to come here. It's a shame you felt the need to troll the forum with a deliberately provocative title, especially given the irony of your own immaturity and the fact you are a 17-year-old kid. 

Well i never blamed the LTT Community (the guys who've truely dedicated of their own time to be part of a helpful and constructive set of persons) i specifically said "LTT Fans" and "Most" (well ok, maybe the majority part is quite exaggerated) to target that whole wack load of people who aren't willing to spend time posting constructive crtiticism, i'm actually quite happy that Keys and Jack have taken the effort to take their whining in consideration, it may well reduce the amount of flack that they've got since they started.

NCIX knows that Linus doesn't have a lifetime contract with Linus, and the best thing to do was to get Keys and Jack onboard, make them do some videos so they can improve, and they'll eventually totally replace Linus at some point.

I won't lie to you, if the style changes significantly i won't probably love them the same way i did for the videos that have been done in the past, but i'll definitly not put a dislike (unless i feel the video is genuinely bad and deserves it, preferably a comment with it), and i'll continue to watch as long as the contet is intresting, and as some guy said previously, you are not married to the channel, if you don't like the direction its taking, your dislikes can't do that much to bring Linus back (in case he's officially gone and only make appearances as a guest)

Anyone with a brain in their head and the very least of knowledge, knows that if NCIX recognize what's best for their intrests after Linus slipped from them, they better get new people performing the show for them, otherwise the channel will stagnate and decline and will no longer be relevant to its subscribers.

Yeah, i've seen some videos, like the Nexus 7 Spec Sheet, or the PAX Coverage (well, let's just not forget that they work with NCIX, they don't have the whole day to visit the booths and do some serious video editing process while they're at it, making that clear for everyone) but they'll improve, and eventually, the pure haters with no arguments have to grow up and decide whether they want to stay and be helpful, or leave and let the guys do their work in peace of mind.

I subbed to LTT for the WAN Show and to stay updated on tech content, not Linus himself. Linus is just a good extra included on what I want to watch.

Im also subbed to Tek Syn for the more polical/controversial topics. Its all about the content,

Linus and Logan do it well for what they do.

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570K | CPU Cooler -  Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212  | GPU - NVIDIA EVGA GTX 780 | SSD - Samsung 840pro 120 GB | HDD - Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM | PSU - Corsair TX 750w | RAM - Corsair DDR3 12 GB @ 1333mhz | Case - Rosewill Mid ATX Blackhawk | Monitor - ASUS IPS 23' | Keyboard - Corsair Vengence k70 cherry MX brown | Mouse - Logitech G-400

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltnSgK481us

Well... it's time for some dislikes...

It eventually happened, good trip to the dislikes cave NCIX Tech Tips, wish good luck to Keys and Jack, it'll be tuff. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltnSgK481us

Well... it's time for some dislikes...

It eventually happened, good trip to the dislikes cave NCIX Tech Tips, wish good luck to Keys and Jack, it'll be tuff. :/

I already posted a thread in Off-Topic about this :P

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/69082-mass-youtube-dislikes-against-ncixcom/