Most LTT fans are immature kids.

TheRisingMyth

This guy certanly seems a bit too much relaxed, but he does the job well.

Disliked it because the guy wasn't that brilliant at the whole product overview thing, didn't come across as if he was in touch with the whole thing. 

You are jumping a a conclusion pretty fast with the title. I'm sure if the guy was actually good at doing the whole unboxing and overview, it would have good like/dislike ratio.

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

I thought the video was fine, I don't understand why people have to be mad, I really don't care who does a product overview, as long as they have proper camera work and don't breath on the mic I watch nearly all product overviews, don't care who it is

Woah woah shots fired man.

holy shit you're alive, I haven't seen you in ages on the forum

Picture is relevant.

post-1714-0-65095900-1374948699.jpg

post-1714-0-65095900-1374948699.jpg

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

Oh hey man LOL. I was just busy with school and all. Was working during the weekends and finally got my 780.

nice, which 780?

The Direct CU II one. That thing is freakin heavy yo

nice, if you watercool that thing, omg best thing ever :O

Disliked it because the guy wasn't that brilliant at the whole product overview thing, didn't come across as if he was in touch with the whole thing. 

You are jumping a a conclusion pretty fast with the title. I'm sure if the guy was actually good at doing the whole unboxing and overview, it would have good like/dislike ratio.

to be fair though everyone has to start somewhere. if you look at Linus' first video, it was pretty horrendous compared to what we expect now. Everyone deserves a few videos to get into it before you can draw conclusions.

Although i think the OP has a point, i think it's pretty harsh to call everyone immature! I mean, people are obviously gonna need time to adjust, Linus was a great host. I still odn't agree with all the dislikes, just saying i understand that they are there!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Linus stopped working for NCIX maybe a year or two, he has a deal with NCIX, so he still produces videos for them but he doesn't actually work for them.

Since january of this year.

Well don't really have the time to go for a custom loop yet :P Besides I'm only getting about 53c at full load. 

wow that's really good, but I have an 800D so it would be a ton higher :c

The videos lack something when Linus isn't there.

The video is good and all, but its just not the same.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

The videos lack something when Linus isn't there.

The video is good and all, but its just not the same.

Well it never will be if Linus isn't doing it and Linus' standard is what you expect. He's been doing it for that long that he's just everything down to a T. Even when he happens to screws up you don't get that awkward feeling like you do for some other people if they were to make a mistake in their unboxings/overviews. Can't expect so much from the new guys.

I think people are perfectly within their rights to dislike something that isn't what they subscribed for...That's what the like/dislike dynamic is for.

Fact is, the majority of people who subscribed to NCIX Tech Tips did so because of Linus. They're subscribed to see videos of Linus. The majority of people probably have no idea that he's left. The people who follow Linus closely enough to know that he's quit NCIX and started his own company will still be the minority of NCIX subscribers.

Now, once people realize he's actually gone (or if he hasn't gone, then once he has), there probably will be a horde of people that unsubscribe. There will be some that are content with a new presenter and there will be people who subscribe because it's not Linus doing it anymore, but they will lose a huge chunk of their viewers and they will need to rebuild their channel...That's just a natural consequence of a personality-driven channel that changes its personality.

Imagine the next season of Breaking Bad suddenly became a documentary about the relationships of cellmates in jail and it happened to be amazing...People who tuned in expecting to see a continuation of the story would still be pissed off and they'd still complain, despite the fact that it was good, because they'd have formed expectations about Breaking Bad and what it delivered. That's all that's happening here - people's expectations aren't being met and so, quite reasonably, they're disgruntled. That doesn't make them children, it just makes them human.

Except that NCIX Tech Tips is NCIX Tech Tips, you logicially have zero guarantee that Linus will be on every upcoming episode. ^^

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

After seeing a few minutes of this, there is no comparison, linus is much better, this guy sounds like they paid him to be pretty and read specs from some board behind the camera

:/

After seeing a few minutes of this, there is no comparison, linus is much better, this guy sounds like they paid him to be pretty and read specs from some board behind the camera

So he was doing it for free before ? Linus didn't have a cheat sheet to get specs from ?

The guy did the job as good as Linus did in my opinion, it was just a different guy on the camera.

If you really want to see how immature +ignorant   the LTT community is, just take a glance at the Twitch chat during the WAN show/livestreams.

I wonder if the raise your dongers thing is exclusive to bots or actual people are doing it, if it's the second option i won't be even surprised.

So he was doing it for free before ? Linus didn't have a cheat sheet to get specs from ?

The guy did the job as good as Linus did in my opinion, it was just a different guy on the camera.

No, i mean the way he speaks, it felt like he has no idea what he was talking about, i don't know if it is because it's his first time and he's he's nervous, but stuff like, theres a bunch of holes you can do w.e you want with, and those are.... m 5.25" bays just didn't sound right, it wasn't as interesting.

:/

No, i mean the way he speaks, it felt like he has no idea what he was talking about, i don't know if it is because it's his first time and he's he's nervous, but stuff like, theres a bunch of holes you can do w.e you want with, and those are.... m 5.25" bays just didn't sound right, it wasn't as interesting.

So you basically say Linus talk was flawless he didn't make mistakes at all ? There was certainly that "first time" effect, but let me tell you, this guy was doing even better than Linus in his very first time, the camera already knew him.

Linus does have a problem with the demographics in my opinion. A large bunch of them are immature kids that need a good beating by their parents. The recent TastyPC thread here is another example where the poor girl had to defend herself to a bunch of snot nosed kids.

I hope this trend changes for Linus...I hope he makes some positive changes where it attracts more quality people to his forums/channels and drives the immature kids out.