Batman: Arkham Knight Warner Bros[Updated]

TwistedDictator

He's right? Just wait to buy the game . . . That's what we've been saying all along.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

i can't wait for TB to do a port report!

oooh yes, cant wait for it hes gonna make mince meat of it :D

Let's agree to disagree

And then watch as it transforms the problem of bad ports into: no ports at all.

Because you know the biggest publishers are just going to sit down on their asses and bitch about it rather than get up to the level they should be on PC.

Thankfully, I've long since shed the desire to play any of the big publisher franchises, except Elder Scrolls. So when for example Ubisoft disappears from PC for good, I'll celebrate.

This, so much. I've been boycotting EA for a few years now, and added ubisoft to my list last year. If either of them decide not to release anymore PC ports, there will be nothing lost for me. EA has been making a turnaround recently, but I'm still going to be cautious with mirrors edge catalyst.

The people who are making or defending the baby comments are absolute morons. How is someone a baby when they spent their hard earned money for a product and expect it to work. I'd like either of them to give examples of other products they buy that this level of incompetence is acceptable.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Hey WB one word for you cunts.

Refund.

is there really a need for the C bomb here?

And then watch as it transforms the problem of bad ports into: no ports at all.

Because you know the biggest publishers are just going to sit down on their asses and bitch about it rather than get up to the level they should be on PC.

Thankfully, I've long since shed the desire to play any of the big publisher franchises, except Elder Scrolls. So when for example Ubisoft disappears from PC for good, I'll celebrate.

ha thats not gonna happen, pc gaming is still bigger than consoles and if some one is gonna drop £700-£1000 on a right there gonna have far more disposable income to buy games. it would cost them too much money and would be better in the long run to just fix the shit in the first place

the thing that makes me chuckle is the idea that this is who people are making it out to be, just because some random has the same name as some WB exec dont mean it is them ......

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

@TwistedDictator Update ?

gKbyAjK.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Lol Warner Bros with the backhand haha. xP

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I got the game for free with my new laptop, but it's still a bit annoying that it runs like shit.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

warner bros guy is kinda true though

How so? If the game will indeed be fixed "within a week" via patches, then they should damn well just delay the game for a week, and release something that isn't a completely broken piece of shit.

I'd complain too if I bought a game that ran like somebody crashed into it with a steamroller.

People such as yourself that agree with this ''whining babies'' attitude are also part of the larger problem at hand here with regard to pre-order culture in general, not just video games.

Well said.

lol

Such an excellent rebuttal, good sir! /s

Yea shame on those customers for expecting a fully functional product at launch. This game is so fail lol.

It's such a shame, because the series itself has very positive reviews in terms of the "fun" factor of the gameplay. But conversely, the series has gotten a pretty terrible reputation for their PC Ports. You think they would try and have a smooth release? But I guess they figure, people will buy the game in boat loads anyway, so who cares.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's such a shame, because the series itself has very positive reviews in terms of the "fun" factor of the gameplay. But conversely, the series has gotten a pretty terrible reputation for their PC Ports. You think they would try and have a smooth release? But I guess they figure, people will buy the game in boat loads anyway, so who cares.

The good thing is we know that it is really hurting them this time, and they have no choice but to learn a lesson.

-The first major AAA game to have "mostly negative" rating on steam.

-and they are getting hit hard with refunds, including people who pre-ordered

thing is, niether rocksteady or WB worked on the PC port, it was a outsoriced tream called iron galaxy who only ever worked on consoles before : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/392368-rocksteady-and-external-pc-development-partner-of-12-people-investigating-batman-arkham-knight-performance-issues-update/ 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

@TwistedDictator Update ?

gKbyAjK.png

Is this the same guy that found the profile first? Or is this a random user saying it?

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

I can't think of another industry in which it is standard practice to charge £40-£50 for something that does not work, and not only is there no legal protection for this happening but other customers are so in favour of this that they essentially tell people to suck it up.

Literally any other industry and this would be illegal, certainly in the UK.

I don't even care if OP is legit or not -- consumers in this thread defended the quote in the OP, believing it to be legit.

Every game is going to have issues at launch now? Just wait a week for patches? How about YOU wait a week and then release the game when it's finished you pretentious cunt.

thing is, niether rocksteady or WB worked on the PC port, it was a outsoriced tream called iron galaxy who only ever worked on consoles before : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/392368-rocksteady-and-external-pc-development-partner-of-12-people-investigating-batman-arkham-knight-performance-issues-update/ 

Very true, but as me, the end consumer: Why do I give a fuck who made it? Does them outsourcing it give them a free pass? No, of course not.

Now, with that in mind, we can see that Rocksteady was obviously hands off, so they probably had no idea the game was so buggy...... But that's NOT a good thing. That just tells us that Rocksteady didn't give enough of a shit to make sure the game was ready for release. They might not have developed the PC Port, but it's still their game in the end.

First, they should never have entrusted such a huge and popular AAA game to a iOS and Console dev team, and second, they should have taken a more proactive role in ensuring that the port was doing well. This is the exact same excuse that GearBox had with Aliens: CM. They basically said "yo we outsourced it, not our fault!". That's an excuse, and not a good one.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Still not sure if this is actually Ryan Moore or just someone else.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Is this the same guy that found the profile first? Or is this a random user saying it?

idk, the stupid site doesn't allow me to register with Gmail. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

This is what gamers get for having the "pre order" mentality and saying "but the last game was good wasn't it"

He shouldn't have said that, but it's what almost everyone thinks. We gamers whine on a level that is truly above all others.

But on he other hand, you don't say even obvious things. You're representing your company. Keep a tight lid on your nonsense.

I have to agree with the Warner Bros Executive. After reading so many steam "reviews" on the game. Just people complaining like babies.

You mean all the people complaining that have 970's/980's and i5's/i7's are being babies? The systems that are ABOVE recommended specs and aren't using AMD hardware are still babies for complaining about shit performance?

Get over yourself.

This is what gamers get for having the "pre order" mentality and saying "but the last game was good wasn't it"

He shouldn't have said that, but it's what almost everyone thinks. We gamers whine on a level that is truly above all others.

But on he other hand, you don't say even obvious things. You're representing your company. Keep a tight lid on your nonsense.

Maybe that's because in other industries, this shit would be flat out illegal? There are also much better regulations surrounding refunds for most other industries.

In fact, it doesn't even matter if this guy was truly the exec that the OP suggests. The "whiner" mentality is a complete bullshit fabrication. We're whiners because we demand that the goods we pay for actually work on release?

Some good news. The in game benchmark is well optimized.

You mean all the people complaining that have 970's/980's and i5's/i7's are being babies? The systems that are ABOVE recommended specs and aren't using AMD hardware are still babies for complaining about shit performance?

Get over yourself.

Why should I? I pre-ordered the game as well. You don't see me complaining. This is just a result of the gaming industry. A lot of games I get come broken. They get updated and fixed later. I am just use to it and I don't mind waiting. Should we accept? No, but it will continue to happen. Nothing I can personally do to stop it. I guess you could say well don't pre-order the game. I can't complain. I got the game for $35 and did not pay the full price. Even if I did not pre-order the game I don't make the decision to release a game. I will just wait for the updates. I will play the game tonight. If I want a refund then I will contact Steam. I advise these other people to contact Steam or where ever they bought the game from to get a full refund. I use to complain and it got me no where. And yes I did sound like a baby as well. Takes one to know one.   

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

"Bunch of Babies"

Lets call it what it is, PC gamers are stuck between a rock and a hard place. AAA titles are developed with consoles in mind, the PC market in the secondary market. So PC gamers have 3 options:

1. Accept shitty ports, suck it up and just be grateful the game is on PC

2. Don't buy shitty ports

3. Buy the games we want to play, but complain when they are not of adequate quality.

Now, you could possibly say option 2 is the best option, and to an extent I agree. But what happens when Rocksteady have shit sales on PC for Arkham Knight the next time they go to make a PC port? chances are they'll have an even lower budget and it'll be more of an afterthought than Arkham Knight was. So really, complaining is the best fucking option we got here. 

Also, this game makes me appreciate just how good GTA V was on PC. I'll happily wait months after the console release, if we get a decent port.

Why should I? I pre-ordered the game as well. You don't see me complaining. This is just a result of the gaming industry. A lot of games I get come broken. They get updated and fixed later. I am just use to it and I don't mind waiting. Should we accept? No, but it will continue to happen. Nothing I can personally do to stop it. I guess you could say well don't pre-order the game. I can't complain. I got the game for $35 and did not pay the full price. Even if I did not pre-order the game I don't make the decision to release a game. I will just wait for the updates. I will play the game tonight. If I want a refund then I will contact Steam. I advise these other people to contact Steam or where ever they bought the game from to get a full refund. I use to complain and it got me no where. And yes I did sound like a baby as well. Takes one to know one.   

Thing is mate we should complain. It is clearly doing something. Rocksteady has already released a press statement addressing this and every major gaming site is covering the story. So we are already getting a response.  Its showing that we do not accept the awful ports that these companies will shell out. Rocksteady deserves this negative spotlight and I can care less if they outsourced. As paying customers we have every right to be upset when a product is released so broken you wonder if they actually tested it. 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1800x (4.0GHz) | AIO: Master Liquid Pro 240 | MOBO:  MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

RAM:  Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200(16gb) | GPU: Evga FTW ACX  3.0 GTX 1080(2x)

SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb | HSSD: Seagate 2TB | Case: InWin 303 Black | PSU: Evga 210 1000w

why not fix it before release if you can patch it in a weeks time? just sayin'

Yeah, every game released nowadays has problems, but not this many problems!

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.