Batman: Arkham Knight Warner Bros[Updated]

TwistedDictator

Babies huh...many people pay out of their ass to get a good gaming PC and then you go fuck with it by imposing a 30fps limit that if unlocked fucks around with the framerate.  No sympathy.  I watched a streamer with a 5960x and 980 SLI play it for 4 hours.  Constantly dipping between 60 and 15 fps.  Also the Batmobile mechanic is the biggest joke I've seen.  It's literally an ultra forced, ultra bad handling AC4 ship, and at least in AC4 pirating was fun.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Thing is mate we should complain. It is clearly doing something. Rocksteady has already released a press statement addressing this and every major gaming site is covering the story. So we are already getting a response.  Its showing that we do not accept the awful ports that these companies will shell out. Rocksteady deserves this negative spotlight and I can care less if they outsourced. As paying customers we have every right to be upset when a product is released so broken you wonder if they actually tested it. 

I just pre-ordered the game. I downloaded last night but it was a huge file. I had to go to bed and woke up to a lot of people talking about the issues. The job is already done. I wish companies would not port games to pc from consoles. They make enough where they can cater to the pc gamers but all they see if profits and don't really care about the people playing their games. I know it works the other way as well because when The Witcher 2 was ported over to the consoles my friend said it was a horrible game and that it had a lot of issues. I will just have to see if I have issues when I get home.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

snip

I am on the same boat. Have it downloaded and then all of this comes out today.

I figured the launch would have issues, but as long as it is playable I don't mind too much.

I am sure this will be patched up and all will be well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping neither of us run into issues.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I just pre-ordered the game. I downloaded last night but it was a huge file. I had to go to bed and woke up to a lot of people talking about the issues. The job is already done. I wish companies would not port games to pc from consoles. They make enough where they can cater to the pc gamers but all they see if profits and don't really care about the people playing their games. I know it works the other way as well because when The Witcher 2 was ported over to the consoles my friend said it was a horrible game and that it had a lot of issues. I will just have to see if I have issues when I get home.

Did you pre-order the game through steam? You can do a refund still. 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1800x (4.0GHz) | AIO: Master Liquid Pro 240 | MOBO:  MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

RAM:  Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200(16gb) | GPU: Evga FTW ACX  3.0 GTX 1080(2x)

SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb | HSSD: Seagate 2TB | Case: InWin 303 Black | PSU: Evga 210 1000w

PC gamers, or at least the vocal minority, CAN be babies, but poor performing releases, especially the way this one is shaping up, is something legitimate to complain about.

In regards to there always being patches after release, that is a legit statement. Software and hardware are far more complex now and there is significant fragmentation (OS, hardware) in the PC gaming market leading to the need to patch things after release. However, that's no excuse for a poor performing game across nearly the entire PC gaming community, that's just sloppy work.

I would be hilarious if it turns out to be the WB marketing guy. Excellent job at marketing.

PC gamers, or at least the vocal minority, CAN be babies, but poor performing releases, especially the way this one is shaping up, is something legitimate to complain about.

In regards to there always being patches after release, that is a legit statement. Software and hardware are far more complex now and there is significant fragmentation (OS, hardware) in the PC gaming market leading to the need to patch things after release. However, that's no excuse for a poor performing game across nearly the entire PC gaming community, that's just sloppy work.

I would be hilarious if it turns out to be the WB marketing guy. Excellent job at marketing.

Yes, there's a fine line between acceptable post-release patches, and a game that flat out is a buggy release. This crosses that line.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

"Every game released now is gonna have problem at launch."

That's preorder culture for you.  They have your money beforehand so they don't care.

Great job idiot gamers who don't know how to vote with their wallets.  This one's on you.

I pre ordered and got a refund anyways.

If they feel like treating me like shit just because I pay early then I'll take my money somewhere else. Now that we can get our money back they need to learn this shit doesn't fly.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Glad I tested this on my friend's Family share. Thought about buying it for 20 bucks, but now? not so much.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Glad I tested this on my friend's Family share. Thought about buying it for 20 bucks, but now? not so much.

In a week or two, once all the patches are in place, then it will actually be worth the asking price. But in it's current state, it's a literal disgrace to PC Gamers. They're actually slapping us all in the face with Batman's di... well... I'll say no more.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

He's actually right, to an extent, IMO. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

or maybe be a grown adult and not release a game that probably didn't pass QA? just saying. i know what you are saying and not arguing on that.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Yes and no. Certainly, the blanket statement of "Some PC Gamers are Babies" might be correct. But to generalize PC Gamers to such a degree? This is the same kind of bullshit that GamerGate dealt with. A minority of bad-apples make the rest of PC Gamers look like cunts, despite that being far from the truth.

In this case, Batman Arkham Knight is in shambles, and gamers have every right to complain about a well anticipated game coming out in a buggy, barely playable state.

Yes and no. Certainly, the blanket statement of "Some PC Gamers are Babies" might be correct. But to generalize PC Gamers to such a degree? This is the same kind of bullshit that GamerGate dealt with. A minority of bad-apples make the rest of PC Gamers look like cunts, despite that being far from the truth.

In this case, Batman Arkham Knight is in shambles, and gamers have every right to complain about a well anticipated game coming out in a buggy, barely playable state.

True enough. And I'm not saying it's excusable to release an unfinished triple A game that runs like garbage. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

A positive "review"

I'm Batman...one frame at a time.

A negative "review"

*sigh* where to start. It's 2015, why is a game of this caliber is being locked at 30fps? While the frame rate cap is editable, you have to go into the config to do it instead of the main menu. But that doesn't matter, the game is terribly optimized. Whether it's capped at 30 or 60fps, you'll get major framerate drops. A single GTX 970 isn't even enough to keep it at a stable 30fps, which is completely ludicrous. Warner Brothers should be ashamed of releasing a game like this.

What makes it worse is that, at the very last hour, they edited the Steam sub for the people that got the free Nvidia copy for buying a GTX 970 or 980 so that they wouldn't get the Harley Quinn pre-order bonus. Why do that? You already give away a free game, why take away a little pre-order bonus that everyone else who pre-ordered would get?

It just ends up making a lot of people angry. For months now people have been asking whether or not the people who got the Nvidia free copy would be getting the Harley Quinn pack. They were completely unclear on it, just beating around the bush.

This is no way to treat your fans.

At this point, this game isn't worth buying because of technical issues and such a terrible practice by it's publisher. Even people who got this game for free must feel like they got betrayed right now.

Save your money, wait for updates and play something else in the mean time. I recommend the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, a game that is much more optimized for PC, developed by a group of people who actually care about their fans.

Update 1: No patch yet, but after some tinkering in the config file. I've gotten the game to run at a somewhat more stable frame rate. If I stand still or move slowly I can maintain a stable 60fps, but as soon as I hop into the Batmobile or start gliding around, frame rate will start dropping anywhere from 50's down to the low 20's. The worst part is every now and then the frame rate would tank so hard it would go down to single digit, like several other people have noticed. So I guess for right now, maintaining a stable 60fps or even 30fps is impossible unless you want to play Batman: Walking Simulator.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.