Radeon Fury X voltage locked ?

zMeul

Selective reporting, that is. 

Selective reporting requires a bias... What's his then? He's posted posts showing negative things about both Nvidia and AMD...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

would the compressed/stacked nature of HBM result in overheating as not all the chips are in equal contact with the waterblock and really close to the gpu chip?

so .. he's lying? .. ok  :lol:

When you scrape the bottom of the barrel, don't get salty when you all you dig up is shit.

How do any of his recent topics point to him wanting AMD to fail? He's literally posting details about it the cards, most of which have been bad things - yes, but he's just reporting on it...

Do you read the opinion part of his posts?

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

would the compressed/stacked nature of HBM result in overheating as not all the chips are in equal contact with the waterblock and really close to the gpu chip?

They're not stacked for the first generation, and it's 20nm Low Power Plus silicon. Heat should be a non-issue for the memory itself.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

They said that it overclocks well, and Titan X is irrelevant. What would be a reason to pick this over a 980 Ti?

Where is your source?????

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

How do any of his recent topics point to him wanting AMD to fail? He's literally posting details about it the cards, most of which have been bad things - yes, but he's just reporting on it...

Because here at ltt we are so wound up in our personal hatred for anyone who posts negative information about our brand we shoot the messenger.

Now, I hardly agree with Zmuel's sentiment, have had a couple of large debates with him recently, however English isn't his first language and people tend to be too quick to put their subjective reasoning above his subjective reasoning then go off like it's proof he is some kind of satanic anti AMD shit stalker.   The truth will always come out in the end,  But I can guarantee if it's right no one will come back and apologize for shooting the messenger will they?

sometimes the immaturity on these forums is depressing.  It's like reading that apple/tyler swift thread all over again. :rolleyes:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

--

sometimes the immaturity on these forums is depressing.  It's like reading that apple/tyler swift thread all over again. :rolleyes:

Don't do it!

If you were being a drama queen throwing a hissy fit about the memory clock being locked: hahaha hahaha still screw you for that.

But now with this added you have a right to complain

"An overclockers dream...." "where overclocking always remains a dream."

Well... nightmare is still a dream, right?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

This just in:  LMG might/or might not have a Fury X in their hands right now.

Slow the crap down, give it a few days so we have something solid.

Sound advice. It would also help if forum posts elsewhere don't instantly become threads in tech news & reviews here. Not even counting the locked ones, there is a Fury thread for every twitter sized piece of news about fury. In b4 "fury doesn't have coil whine" & "fury has a backplate" threads pop up. What's wrong with posting a new piece of info in an already existing thread?

I've seen Linus inch that NDA line many times but OCUK is really pushing it.

Anyway, voltage locks are silly and uncharacteristic for AMD. At this stage they still get a pass but it makes no sense once a card this cool hits retail.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Why would the voltage be locked until the next software update anyway? Do they think the reviewers will overvolt their cards too far and break them?

Why would the voltage be locked until the next software update anyway? Do they think the reviewers will overvolt their cards too far and break them?

Maybe, apparently they can only afford to send out 10 over there, so there aren't any spares.  :blink: 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And can we also admit that overclocking the GPU doesn't even make a huge difference unless someone does LN2 and hits INSANE clocks.

I overclocked my 980's to 1560mhz and at best I got an extra one or two FPS.

You're not doing something right then lol, because EVERY other OC'd tests that are done with benchmarks show there is big improvements, sometimes upwards of 10%.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Yeah I was under the impression that outside of very few non reference vendor cards (which we know will not be allowed for the Fury X, only the Fury) you always have to flash the BIOS to do that...kind of a non issue but oh it's AMD THE FUCKING SKY IT'S FALLING LETS SHIT ON THEM!

-------

Current Rig

-------

we will see in 2 days if these rumors are true....

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

You're not doing something right then lol, because EVERY other OC'd tests that are done with benchmarks show there is big improvements, sometimes upwards of 10%.

I was wrong, I used to overclock it to 1504mhz. These days I just run stock clocks because well I didn't get any benefits from overclocking.

1a1e4b5f3d.png

Where is your source?????

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2937335/behold-the-beast-full-amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-tech-specs-and-design-details-revealed.html

But the liquid-cooled Fury X was made to be overclocked. “You’ll be able to overclock this thing like no tomorrow,” AMD CTO Joe Macri said at the card's unveiling. “This is an overclocker’s dream.” So here are more AMD-supplied benchmarks showing performance gains in various games after a 100MHz overclock is applied to the Fury X.

Seems more like they said that because of how Maxwell overclocks. Gotta at least sound competitive.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2937335/behold-the-beast-full-amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-tech-specs-and-design-details-revealed.html

Seems more like they said that because of how Maxwell overclocks. Gotta at least sound competitive.

they didn't lie.. wtf?

Ask me anything.

Because here at ltt we are so wound up in our personal hatred for anyone who posts negative information about our brand we shoot the messenger.

Now, I hardly agree with Zmuel's sentiment, have had a couple of large debates with him recently, however English isn't his first language and people tend to be too quick to put their subjective reasoning above his subjective reasoning then go off like it's proof he is some kind of satanic anti AMD shit stalker.   The truth will always come out in the end,  But I can guarantee if it's right no one will come back and apologize for shooting the messenger will they?

Posting information is fine, but taking it way out of context and putting that as the end of the world to further agendas (AMD hate) from a single post without any context is not.  

Here is a post from Gibbo about this whole issue:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28209694&postcount=1353

I do not like these website who quote just segments of what I say to bend the truth.

I am not an AMD Rep or a NVIDIA rep, I work for OcUK. Fury is very early stage with voltage and new drivers it could batter Maxwell, it is way to early to know yet.

Now I wait for some website to just quote the part where I say batters Maxwell.

Selective quoting infuriates me, quote the truth in full or not at all, scumbags.

so the best gpu will come down to a overclock off,

Or he's playing a CPU-bound game like GW2. We're holding off from replacing my mom's Core I7 970 until we see the 6700K results specifically because it's so CPU-bound.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

they didn't lie.. wtf?

You can't overvolt it, and it can't overclock much at stock voltage. Does that sound like a good overclocker to you?

You can't overvolt it, and it can't overclock much at stock voltage. Does that sound like a good overclocker to you?

Release drivers will have it unlocked, no doubt. Mountains from mole hills.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Can easily be unlocked via a driver.. but there's a reason for this.

Ask me anything.