Radeon Fury X voltage locked ?

zMeul

so .. he's lying? .. ok  :lol:

I never claimed that. Please don't put words into my mouth.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I never claimed that. Please don't put words into my mouth.

I'll quote you:

That's it - not very convincing

what should I understand from that? he has the card

was gibbo "caught" with false info before? not that I can recall, so ?!?!

I'll quote you:

what should I understand from that? he has the card

was gibbo "caught" with false info before? not that I can recall, so ?!?!

A forum post with no actual evidence-just what a single person is saying (aka hearsay)-is not news and can't be actually taken seriously. Again, this is just hearsay as there is no actual evidence apart from what 1 person on a forum is saying.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'll quote you:

How does that imply I think he's lying?

(hypothetical)My friend told me that he has a unicorn in his house. Naturally I don't believe him because I've never seen a unicorn in my life. Does that mean he's lying? No. It just means I'm not convinced and would like to see proper evidence.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

(hypothetical)My friend told me that he has a unicorn in his house. Naturally I don't believe him because I've never seen a unicorn in my life. Does that mean he's lying? No. It just means I'm not convinced and would like to see proper evidence.

Yep, and that's a perfect example of hearsay.

PMSL

i saw a post on OCuk, from 8pack saying fury run 1200mhz without voltage change, so it's not that bad, when it's released ppl will flash it and we will see how it oc.

so, a staff member of a very reputable UK retailer dedicated to overclocking hardware, with no history of spreading false info, suddenly spreads false info

... ok  :lol:

so, a staff member of a very reputable UK retailer dedicated to overclocking hardware, with no history of spreading false info, suddenly spreads false info

Look up the definition of hearsay. That will help you at least know what your babbling about.

PMSL

i saw a post on OCuk, from 8pack saying fury run 1200mhz without voltage change, so it's not that bad, when it's released ppl will flash it and we will see how it oc.

I'll be waiting to hear if anyone brick their cards before I touch mine lol

"Just in case"

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

You are setting yourself up for failure if that's your logic. This applies to every website - LTT, ScienceAlert, IFLS, etc. Not just that forum.

And hell, if you're writing a paper in college and your teacher has no reason to believe you're lying and you provide no sources for your information...Are they supposed to just believe you? No. You need citations or they're just claims.

Look up the definition of hearsay. That will help you at least know what your babbling about.

it's pointless arguing with you, since you ignore he has the bloody card - and that just nullifies your idea

You are setting yourself up for failure if that's your logic. This applies to every website - LTT, ScienceAlert, IFLS, etc. Not just that forum.

And hell, if you're writing a paper in college and your teacher has no reason to believe you're lying and you provide no sources for your information...Are they supposed to just believe you? No. You need citations or they're just claims.

do you even understand the difference in "hearsay" and "source"?

he is telling you that the card is voltage locked, not that he heard it from someone

english is not even my native language, and I still understand it .. how about you

it's pointless arguing with you, since you ignore he has the bloody card - and that just nullifies your idea

Its still heresay, just because he has a card doesn't mean what he's said is true because all there is is hearsay, not actual evidence.

PMSL

Originally Posted by Gibbo viewpost.gif
Cooler is superb, normal gaming around 35c load, sub 40 benchmarking and very quiet.

another comment on OCuk, making harder and harder to wait for reviews :D

Woo~ more rumour mill churning!

I'm with the others on this one. One guy's post does not mean a credible source even if he does claim to have a card.

Its not like nobody lies on the internet right?

If you're going to start using forum posts as a source, at least get a bigger sample size.

@Godlygamer23

While I would also not trust any information given to me from a random dude on the internet, this time we're talking about a respected member of the community. Overclockers.co.uk do have cards in stock and he has access to them.

When testing at work, performance was not where it should be so he took it home with him for further testing. As of right now, he's the most reliable source of information we've got that's not under formal NDA. (although it might turn out bad for overclockers.co.uk if he does post some benchmarks)

So if the voltage lock is a thing, we would like to know about it before purchase, not after it. If a Fury X only just beats a 980ti at stock, with no room to push it more, then the Fury X is dead on take-off. Non-reference cooled 980ti can easily reach 1200 with some reaching 1400-1500. That's a big overclock that skews the numbers in favour of Nvidia.

Either way I'm really interested in what the reviews will say on the 24th.

Hopefully, a Bios flash can unlock voltage down the line, like the Asus bios for the 290X...

I'm actually missing out on a deal on the 980ti because I'm waiting on the Fury X reviews...

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

has the god damn card for testing, wtf!?!?  <_<

he also said they only have 10 cards in stock and that pretty much confirms the limited availability of Fury X

I can't believe AMD is this stupid. if they don't allow some voltage control they're shooting themselves in the foot. locking memory OC's I can understand, it's a new tech and even if it is possible to OC HBM, if it's fragile and it dies easily it'd kill the tech in it's tracks due to the ensuing PR disaster.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

but this is only HBM voltage right?

if so, this post is a little misleading

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

but this is only HBM voltage right?

if so, this post is a little misleading

no, it's about GPU voltage

Also relax guys, you're all looking to one post Gibbo made out of context, please read the thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18677121&page=38  and at least do yourself some service and inform who he is and why he can make those claims. It's nice to see someone having an open discussion in a sea of NDA silence.

He's actually really positive on the Fury X, saying that it's really quiet, the Cooler is superb, normal gaming around 35c load, sub 40 benchmarking and no coil whine. It's also VERY pretty :)

With 4k performance being excellent, and that the drivers are really immature and he too thinks voltage will be unlocked over time.

Overclockers.co.uk has less than 100 cards for launch and he expects them to sell out in minutes when it launches on the 24th 13:00.

Also for some guestimation on Gibbos Part:

Right now you can get upto 10% more from clocking I'd say. Add in voltage control that could easily become 20% or more.

Drivers a further 10% with ease I suspect and the Fury could well strike down upon NVIDIA with furious anger.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

no, it's about GPU voltage

then AMD just f*** it up

another comment on OCuk, making harder and harder to wait for reviews :D

i know, let's see how it turn out

Also relax guys, you're all looking to one post Gibbo made out of context, please read the thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18677121&page=38  and at least do yourself some service and inform who he is and why he can make those claims. It's nice to see someone having an open discussion in a sea of NDA silence.

He's actually really positive on the Fury X, saying that it's really quiet, running at 40C with no coil whine.

With 4k performance being excellent, and that the drivers are really immature and he too thinks voltage will be unlocked over time.

Overclockers.co.uk has less than 100 cards for launch and he expects them to sell out in minutes when it launches on the 24th 13:00.

From Gibbo on that exact page:

Well my card is not what I'd class as an overclockers dream, locked memory, no voltage control, maybe only in my dreams.

Early days though yet, +100mv could make a vast improvement, but the card is so new so the current software available can only alter core clock.

And furthermore:

This it is quite common that new cards to market have no voltage control, takes software updates to enable it.

So this is probably just a case of software not up to date on a NON released card. To put things into perspective from another user:

Amd at there conference said voltage control and overclocking was a part of Fury x. Is it a case that software is not up to scratch at the moment.

So really @zMeul has no evidence that Fury X is voltage locked, and his source doesn't state so either. This is just one more zMeul article trying to put AMD in a bad light.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Im not believing a single thing until the cards are officially released and we have not one, but multiple sources of proof about anything stated of the Fury cards, PERIOD.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)