Radeon Fury X voltage locked ?

zMeul

source: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28207511&postcount=1129

Fury you can't clock the memory full stop and on stock voltage Fury does not clock well at all.

So it will all depend on how much more headroom Fury gets from some extra voltage but right now voltage is locked.

For example a stock Ti which AMD compare against is 1000/1075/7010 clocks. Your extremely unlucky if your Ti can't run stable at say 1200/1400/7600 which gives a drastic performance boost.

Example the fastest card on the market right now is the 980Ti G1 by Gigabyte, it's a Titan killer as my one out of the box boost at 1377MHz OUT THE BOX! It can run stable at 1300/1500/8400 and the performance is absolutely insane.

I foresee G1 will be the fastest single GPU card on the market until end of year and this is simply because Maxwell is an overclocking king.

Only cards I can see beating that this year are also Maxwell such as KingPin, HOF etc.

---

memory freq lock confirmed; I'll hazard and say this is also true using 3rd party tools - confirmed:

MSI afterburner can see the card but only allows the same adjustments as overdrive, memory and voltage greyed out.

begs the question, what AMD had in mind when they advertised the Fury X as an overclocker's "dream"  :ph34r:

here's one other wild thought: AMD pushed the clocks to the limit to squeeze as much performance as they could from it, and this is why they locked it down

vBIOS m8

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Doesn't mean you can't up the core clock speed.

hahahahhahahhahaha

that is like so easy to get though if its true

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

hahahahhahahhahaha

that is like so easy to get though if its true

Yes, but is counter-intuitive given how they are supposedly marketing this as an overclocking beast...

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Oh my i hope this isnt true.. 
Maybe just NDA till 24th, maybe they will unlock it later. 
Isnt it normal to have locked clocks prior to launching(24th)

Okay, now it's fair to throw a fit. AMD flat-out lied, and this card now serves no purpose on the market. 

The part about the HBM overclocking being locked is already known.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

"An overclockers dream...." "where overclocking always remains a dream."

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I'd like to see a source by the poster in regards to Fury - yes we know the memory cannot be overclocked, but how does that imply the GPU can't be overvolted? Spoiler alert: It doesn't. Poster has no source.

Edit: I'm referring to the poster found in the source of this thread.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'd like to see a source by the poster in regards to Fury - yes we know the memory cannot be overclocked, but how does that imply the GPU can't be overvolted? Spoiler alert: It doesn't. Poster has no source.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28207511&postcount=1129

So it will all depend on how much more headroom Fury gets from some extra voltage but right now voltage is locked.

Note present tense. It's possible that there could be voltage unlocking.

"Rawr XD"

No, I'm talking about the source of the poster itself in that forum.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Is it really THAT big of a deal? Flash the bios if it bothers you that much (assuming it will be locked). I mean, HBM is insanely fast as it is and it's not like memory overclocks made a huge difference compared to overclocking the core.

how about his part:

no?!

what about it? you're saying gibbo is lying?

how about his part:

no?!

Read my post in response to @Aniallation.

source: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28207511&postcount=1129  --- memory freq lock confirmed; I'll hazard and say this is also true using 3rd party tools - confirmed:begs the question, what AMD had in mind when they advertised the Fury X as an overclocker's "dream"  :ph34r:

memory voltage we know. you can always flash the bios or jusr increase clock speed of gpu and 3 best oc cards

kingpin

hof

lighting

what about it? you're saying gibbo is lying?

If he has no source, why should I believe him? Because he's the staff of the forum?

If he has no source, why should I believe him? Because he's the staff of the forum?

has the god damn card for testing, wtf!?!?  <_<

he also said they only have 10 cards in stock and that pretty much confirms the limited availability of Fury X

the has the god damn card for testing, wtf!?!?

The source does not make that clear. We are going by one post from the staff. That's it - not very convincing. Maybe you don't want a proper source, but I do.

The source does not make that clear. We are going by one post from the staff. That's it - not very convincing. Maybe you don't want a proper source, but I do.

so .. he's lying? .. ok  :lol:

People flash cards for a reason.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

OCUK, and therefore their staff (him) likely already have the card....

If you're the only one questioning it why don't you go on OCUK and ask yourself O.o

"Rawr XD"

OCUK, and therefore their staff (him) likely already have the card....

If you're the only one questioning it why don't you go on OCUK and ask yourself O.o

I shouldn't be the only one questioning it. Everyone should be - if you have no proper source, I have no reason to believe it. It doesn't matter if it's true, there is no proper source.