AMD used an Intel CPU in Project Quantum - Repost sorry!

X1XNobleX1X

It looks like AMD have used an Intel CPU in Project Quantum, making AMD's super Powerful Dual Fury X System not even an all AMD System.  Has AMD lost faith in their own CPUs?

16154835105l.jpg

Pause at 1:06

18054806737l.jpg

As you can see in the video and picture above, AMD has used a Intel CPU in their new product "Project Quantum".

Yes, this maybe only for the prototype, we will just have to wait and see.

What are your thoughts? Comment below!

Source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_used_an_intel_cpu_in_project_quantum/1

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Oh snap.

At least they are being real to themself. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Makes sense though. The Intel cpus generally kick out less heat, heat that is the biggest problem in such a small enclosure.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Well duh.... AMD knows how their cpus perform and what it would take to power the Fury 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Perhaps it is just for the prototyping? With the supposed "Zen" CPU coming from AMD next year, they could just be waiting for the new AM4 platform and CPU to be ready.

Gigabyte X570 UD

Ryzen 5 5600x

16GB 3200mhz ram

Asus TUF Rx5700XT

600w PSU

256GB NVME boot drive

1tb sata ssd game drive

2tb mechanical storage drive

Logitech G815 Tactile

Logitech G502

AudioTechnica ATH-G1WL

LG B9 OLED

Ummm. everyone knows that the benchmarks are written with intel CPU's and various shortcuts in mind right?....

Okay that's a little snarky. it hasn't been proven since the days on the pentum that intel rigged the vote.

But we are talking about AMD Radeon.

For now Intel offers the best solution on the CPU side to show the full potential of the AMD Radeon cards, so good for them.

You know companys don't have to be as pridefull as NVIDIA, where they know they fucked up and still stick by it because they think they know better.

No surprises here. AMD has good relations to Intel. It's a different story with AMD and nVidia though.

A bit sensationalist and click batie of OC3D since I know for a fact they've done this before: 

They know they have no competing CPU product for a high end work station or in this case, a really high end gaming pc

-------

Current Rig

-------

They've already admitted that they don't compete with high end Intel CPUs, but they're working on surprising us with a comeback (hopefully it is a BIG comeback).

Yeah this should surprise no one ever. This also isn't a big deal, or AMD losing "faith" in their products. AMD simply doesn't have a CPU at that high-end range. They're very well aware that an FX CPU would bottleneck the Fiji x2.

I would not be surprised at all though, if this actually shipped with an AMD Zen CPU, depending on when the AMD Radeon Quantum actually launches.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

My very first though when they announced quantum what CPU are they running. And It was obvious, you don't want to put 220W TDP CPU in that little box. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

My very first though when they announced quantum what CPU are they running. And It was obvious, you don't want to put 220W TDP CPU in that little box. 

Actually, that likely wouldn't matter at all. The Quantum is supposed to be watercooled, yes?

But in any case, the FX-9590 is still not as good as Intel's current i7 offerings in the gaming landscape, and AMD knows this. They're not intentionally crippling the Quantum, which is very humble and very good of AMD.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Actually, that likely wouldn't matter at all. The Quantum is supposed to be watercooled, yes?

I doubt that there are mAtx or iTx boards witch could reliably hold 9590 (could be wrong )

I doubt that there are mAtx or iTx boards witch could reliably hold 9590 (could be wrong )

I don't see how the formfactor would be an issue. AMD does have quite a few mATX boards for the FX CPU lineup. Whether there are any ITX, I have no idea.

But, this is a custom built PC from AMD. If they wanted to stick an FX-9590 into it, with a custom built ITX motherboard, they could do it.

But this is entirely speculation. The pictures of the teardown point to it being an Intel based CPU.

I don't see how the formfactor would be an issue. AMD does have quite a few mATX boards for the FX CPU lineup. Whether there are any ITX, I have no idea.

But, this is a custom built PC from AMD. If they wanted to stick an FX-9590 into it, with a custom built ITX motherboard, they could do it.

But this is entirely speculation. The pictures of the teardown point to it being an Intel based CPU.

I did a quick search and I couldn't find any mAtx motherboard witch supports 220W CPU.

Unless it's custom build as you said, but I doubt that.

It's not the first time that AMD used Intel in their benchmark slides-

CivBE_4k_Ultra_8xAA.png

In Sid Meier’s Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ internal benchmark test at 3840x2160, the AMD Radeon™ R9 290X 8GB with Mantle outperforms the GeForce GTX 980 with DirectX® 11, NVIDIA’s highest-performing single-GPU graphics card as of October 20, 2014, by 45.38 average FPS to 44.89 average FPS using the Ultra in-game preset with 8xAA. Test system: Intel Core i7-4960X, 16GB DDR3-1866, Asus SABERTOOTH X79, Windows 8.1 x64, AMD Catalyst™ 14.9.2 Beta and ForceWare 344.16 WHQL.

Source: https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2015/05/12/amd-reigns-supreme-in-sid-meiers-civilization-beyond-earth