Student Suspended For Writing Names In a Death Note

uhMayzedHD

Blame Anime Again But My Question Is Where's the Parents?

For people that don't know series Death Note it's anime series (that everyone should watch it a really amazing series). The story follows Light Yagami, a high school student who discovers a supernatural notebook that grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name and face they know. The series centers around Light's subsequent attempts to create and rule a world cleanse evil as "God" using the notebook, and the efforts of a detective known as L to stop him.

One of Death Note Rules

1. The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
  2. This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
  3. If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.
  4. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
  5. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

According to the school administrators, another student had seen the booklet and told his or her parents. After administrators learned of the booklet, they notified the families of the students on the list and sent an email to parents. The administrators assured parents of the safety of the school, and the student will not be in school for the rest of the academic year, which ends this week.

In the Death Note suspense manga, anime adaptation, and live-action adaptations, a teenager finds a notebook with which he can put people to death by writing their names and the dictated manners of death.

There have been at least nine previous incidents in the United States where school officials linked "Death Notes" to students being disciplined. A high school senior in Richmond, Virginia was suspended in 2007 over a list of his classmates that the school principal linked to Death Note. A middle school student in Hartsville, South Carolina was "removed" from school over a "Death Note" notebook in March of 2008. In Gadsden, Alabama, two sixth-grade students were arrested in the following month for a notebook that allegedly listed their school staff and fellow students in a manner similar to the Death Note anime.

A middle school in Gig Harbor, Washington expelled one student and disciplined three others in May of 2008 for writing 50 names in their own "Death Note" bookarrow-10x10.png. Two elementary school students from Oklahoma City were to be disciplined in December 2009 for allegedly listing two other students and the manners of their fictional deaths in a "Death Note" notebook. An eighth-grade student was suspended indefinitely from a middle school in Owosso, Michigan after a "Death Note" notebook was found in March 2010. A 14-year-old eighth-grade student from Pennsylvania's Avonworth Middle School was suspended after a "Death Note" list was found on a school bus in May 2010.

A fifth-grade boy at Stewart Elementary School in Pittsburgh was suspended after he allegedly posted a "death note" in his elementary school in February. That same month, a male student at Shelby County's East Middle School in Kentucky was under investigation by school officials after "Death Note" list containing student and faculty names was found.

On the other hand, a Washington state librarians' group nominated the manga for a young adults' bookarrow-10x10.png award in 2007. The manga's Taiwanese publisher and a non-profit Taiwanese watchdog group supported the work in 2007 for raising issues. A mother in New Mexico called for a ban on the manga in Albuquerque Public Schools in 2010, but a committee voted unanimously against the ban.

This is why i'm not interested in anime at all.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

They're really scared of an anime.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

looks like these kids need to see the light

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

They're really scared of an anime.

its more of the idea that kids are writing a hit list 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

That's like saying

"I don't like PCs because I had a slow one one time".

Do we need to go down the "don't be a damn autist" road again?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

its more of the idea that kids are writing a hit list 

>mfw they don't get the obvious /s

q2g78DV.jpg

Your question is where are the parents.

My question is where is the common sense.

I dont care that these are kids, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize you might piss some people off doing this when the act in the anime will cause the person to die.

Ya they are not actually going to die. but that is effectively saying to someone I hope you die which is in no way appropriate.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

its a notebook, if the student is just using it as a notebook then you can ignore it, if there righting classmates in as a joke you can ignore it, if there writing classmates in it behind there pack to lagh at them with friends, do something about it, if there being deadly serious in writing deaths then get them some help,

in none of these situations they should be suspended for more then a day or 2 (for the bullying one) 

I don't get it either, there is zero reason for this!

i am out of puns, i only had the one 

Yea I don't watch movies any more either after American Sniper caused a bunch of ADULT white people to attack or kill muslims/middle eastern people....................

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

They notified the families of the students on the list. Would love to see how that went down.

"Someone wrote your child's name in a Death Note"

"It's a notebook that kills whoever's name is written in it"

"No, it doesn't really work."

"Yes, I'm sure"

"Positive"

I don't get it either, there is zero reason for this!

I knew what the picture was going to be before I clicked it. It was still hilarious. Someone more clever than I should make a joke about it happening so often it's regular at normal high school. 

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Yea I don't watch movies any more either after American Sniper caused a bunch of ADULT white people to attack or kill muslims/middle eastern people....................

these are dumb reasons for not watching movies or anime. just because someone does something doesn't mean you help by not watching it. 

i am out of puns, i only had the one 

This is Beyond Teruble. (Boom! Collateral!) Maybe it's just a Misatake? I hope this doesn't happen Near me. This kid needs to Mello out. 

Edit: The responsible school authorities are a Raye of hope.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Nice logic.

I don't read books because the bible has caused wars.

I don't watch movies because people have mimicked horror movies.

I don't play video games because COD causes angry children.

My icon wants to have a staring contest with your icon.

Nice logic.

L

What's your thoughts about this story? I'm curious what you think L was my favorite character in the series and hated to see him go.

Sorta why I dont watch big boy cartoons.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Yeah, and the kid who got caught walking down the street with a gun saying he was reenacting GTA is the reason I don't like video games.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

these are dumb reasons for not watching movies or anime. just because someone does something doesn't mean you help by not watching it. 

Yea I know, my obvious excessive amounts of periods were meant to show sarcasm.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Yea I know, my obvious excessive amounts of periods were meant to show sarcasm.

oh ok

This is why I only watch Thomas the Tank Engine...smh

Why isn't the ay nimez band yet?

My friend had a death note book and we all joked about writing names in it.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.