Student Suspended For Writing Names In a Death Note

uhMayzedHD

L

What's your thoughts about this story? I'm curious what you think L was my favorite character in the series and hated to see him go.

I think it's perfectly normal for children to fantasize about being in their favorite media and it's not strange for kids to reenact these fantasies. Think back to childhood, playing cops and robbers and army men wasn't a strange thing. Even if it involved killing your friends in fantasy scenarios. The difference here is it's alone and it's premeditated thoughts. That's what scares people. Chances are even if Death Note didn't exist that same kid would still have "I wish he was dead" thoughts about his most obnoxious of bullies. The kid just combined it with a fantasy. When he has the Death Note then he assumes the power role. I couldn't say if he actually had a notebook that could kill people inconspicuously he wouldn't but I can say without a doubt if he was given another weapon that could lead to the same silent result he would do the same with it as the notebook, good or bad. It has nothing to do with the show, the show is just a tool not what creates his thoughts. It's the same thing with the people claiming video games cause violence. It's not the creator, just the outlet. It's the person behind it that is the important part. If the kid has serious thoughts of murder that's the result of the kid's psychological state, not the show being used as the outlet. If it wasn't Death Note it would be something else. 

Yea I don't watch movies any more either after American Sniper caused a bunch of ADULT white people to attack or kill muslims/middle eastern people....................

Oh boy an anti-military guy. That's always fun.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Im sticking to dragonballz and naruto

I wonder if you're going to get suspended by doing the KAMEHAMEHAAAA move towards someone, because that thing kills people you know ^_^

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I wonder if you're going to get suspended by doing the KAMEHAMEHAAAA move towards someone, because that thing kills people you know ^_^

Im going to try<-----No Joke and im blaming it all on you if I get in trouble

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

I think it's perfectly normal for children to fantasize about being in their favorite media and it's not strange for kids to reenact these fantasies. Think back to childhood, playing cops and robbers and army men wasn't a strange thing. Even if it involved killing your friends in fantasy scenarios. The difference here is it's alone and it's premeditated thoughts. That's what scares people. Chances are even if Death Note didn't exist that same kid would still have "I wish he was dead" thoughts about his most obnoxious of bullies. The kid just combined it with a fantasy. When he has the Death Note then he assumes the power role. I couldn't say if he actually had a notebook that could kill people inconspicuously he wouldn't but I can say without a doubt if he was given another weapon that could lead to the same silent result he would do the same with it as the notebook, good or bad. It has nothing to do with the show, the show is just a tool not what creates his thoughts. It's the same thing with the people claiming video games cause violence. It's not the creator, just the outlet. It's the person behind it that is the important part. If the kid has serious thoughts of murder that's the result of the kid's psychological state, not the show being used as the outlet. If it wasn't Death Note it would be something else. 

I honestly don't think that anyone thinks there is a real death note. The kid probably would have still got suspended with a list like that in a regular notebook. The thing that they're not happy with is his intentions by writing a list.

The only reason that it went to the reporters is because its anime themed. Its just another outlet to blame media for peoples' fucked up heads. Its like how people blame video games for violence and how rock music used to be of the devil.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Maybe the kid is bullied or something. What would you do if you were bullied , don't tell me you won't hold any grudge at all on the people that did it.

And besides

Death Note

Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Pretty much explains why a kid shouldn't watch this.

Meh it's just a fail attempt to just blame anime and manga for everything lately.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

I can't blame them for this, if I saw this and didnt know  about the anime I would be terrifed, the fact that the kid didnt get anything beyond suspension is amazing, they could have taken that as a sign of premeditated murder.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

its more of the idea that kids are writing a hit list 

I wouldn't really call it a hit list.. The person is basically saying they'd like them to be dead rather than saying they're going to kill them. They just might want to write about how the person they dislike dies.

But loooooool at a suspension over something like that. Muuurica

• 2 weeks later...

looks like these kids need to see the light

L

What's your thoughts about this story? I'm curious what you think L was my favorite character in the series and hated to see him go.

This Kira must be brought to justice.

"Rawr XD"

Not everybody watches Anime, and knowing how much the teachers care about their students,  I wouldn't blame them for suspending the kid.

Where is the common sense and parents r 2 blame for this because they were stupid enough to allow the kid to read that type of manga at his age.